Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Washing your Microfiber Towels

Anything is possible and as you say it`s all speculation unless a scientific experiment was done which probably has been but good luck finding it.

Honestly the only towels I really care about are my paint towels the others not so much. The ones I wash in hot water are multi purpose towels and the change that may or may not happen are of no consequence. My good towels are never exposed to anything that would need that kind of temp to clean or soaked in APC. I`m pretty anal about my paint towels, they cost way to much to not take care of them and to use them for their intended purpose only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I used to use tide free or Woolite and always had good results. Then I tried a dedicated microfiber detergent and haven`t looked back.

Which MF detergent did you use? I picked up the Blackfire MF cleaner and it didn`t really clean all my towels. I`m guessing some those stains just aren`t coming off.

Post Thanks / Like

I am super anal about my towels
    Nice article BobbyG and happy 60th b`day

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a new top loading HE washing machine a week ago. I have done two loads of microfibers and they seem to be getting cleaner than my old machine. I was a bit worried with so much less water. I put in the same amount of Micro Restore so maybe with less water it`s more concentrated and works better? Or maybe it`s the fancy rinse cycle?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone noticed a lack of cleaning on these HE Front load washers? I have heard some people say they thought the new HE were less aggressive and thus not cleaning as well.

We may be in market for a new set soon and am wonder which version is better and what everyone uses and recommends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Has anyone noticed a lack of cleaning on these HE Front load washers? I have heard some people say they thought the new HE were less aggressive and thus not cleaning as well.

We may be in market for a new set soon and am wonder which version is better and what everyone uses and recommends.

I`m interested to hear this too. I`m planing on purchasing a new washer and dryer soon

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using a HE front loader and have no issues with the MFs getting clean. In fact, I think that because the detergent is so much more concentrated in HE washers, it cleans better. I would recommend using an additional rinse cycle if you`re washing a larger load and not using a dedicated MF detergent; HE washers may not rinse as cleanly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Chris
    2004 Lexus IS200
    2009 Nissan Qashqai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I think the He clean fine but I have heard person will say washers made years ago (top loaders started getting more efficient in water use too) clean better. I guess I should see about getting the ringer washer my grandmother had.

I suspect local water conditions (hard/soft), choice of soap, brand of machines may affect individual results. New He models are better than older ones.

In the end, you could wash 2x with a He and still save water from the ancient washers.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I have an HE washer and my MF towels come out spotless. Even heavily soiled towels come out squeaky clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the process of washing microfiber mittens (used to clean the car) the same as washing the towels? Is it ok to use vinegar when rinsing the mittens?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk311 View Post
    Is the process of washing microfiber mittens (used to clean the car) the same as washing the towels? Is it ok to use vinegar when rinsing the mittens?
    up till a few weeks ago, I would have said yes. but a few weeks ago I probably used too much and it degraded the foam inside. Which then stuck to mf towels
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I own two MF mittens and they are labeled, "hand wash only, line dry".

Our HE front loader machine does a great job. So many selections, it`s hard to get poor results. If I have the time, I soak for 20 to 30 minutes, then agitate for about 30, followed by a double rinse. Hot water (160) is my choice for towels, from soak to rinse.

In my experience, most folks who complain about the HE front loaders failed to read the operating manual.

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby G - Thanks for the post.

Has anyone tried hot water and Dawn for a pre-soak? Just wondering

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harleychief View Post
    Bobby G - Thanks for the post.

Has anyone tried hot water and Dawn for a pre-soak? Just wondering
    i try to keep dawn in the kitchen and away from anything that touches my vehicle

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I found this thread….I was just asking about this question in another one.

So the idea of separating MF towels is still the popular vote here?

I just bought a bunch and would like to get some decent milage out of them.

Water Soluble Products
    Compounds
    Polishes
    Paint Cleaners

Waxing & Sealants

General Purpose

So I`m assuming then that General Purpose means Interior such as dash, leather cleaner conditioner, plastics, glass, etc…as well as exterior QD sprays and such?

What about tire MF towels?
    I ordered a few black ones and am sure I don`t want to wash them with glass towels.

TIA, TW
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners
    Spline Drive Lugs & Wheel Lock Kit

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information