Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bfms

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bfms

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixs1234 View Post
    OK thank you I will give it a try. I really love the wet diamond and now I cant wait to see how the midnight sun looks on top.
    No problem.

Think of a traditional car wax almost like paint. Carnauba wax (the primary ingredient in most car waxes) is extremely hard and has to be mixed with certain solvents and oils to soften it an allow it to be applied. When you spread the wax thinly on the surface these solvents begin to evaporate and the wax hardens (certain waxes will haze). Even after you buff of the residue the thinnly applied layer is still not fully hard (it is most of the way there). The trace amounts of solvent still remaining still have to evaporate for the wax to fully harden.

If you apply a second coat of wax too soon the first coat may only be 90-95% harden so you may loose a small percentage of the benefit (not enough to really tell the difference). That`s why you don`t have to wait but for maximum benefit you should wait.

Now Midnight Sun is a little different. The carnauba used is extremely refined (to the point it looks white or ivory) and it is very low in solvent. It also is armed with Wet Diamond polymers (much like a synthetic sealant) that begin to cross link shortly after application. The 8 hour recommendation covers climate extremes (such as damp or cool weather) so if you are in some where more temperate you can probably add a second coat much sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two coats of BFWD on. The look and protection are great but still want to add BFMS. My concern is once the BFMS wears off, will the car still have the same two layers of BFWD? I am preparing for winter so I don`t want to diminish the protection of BFWD.

Post Thanks / Like

^ You can never have to many layers of Blacfire. There is no such thing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    I have two coats of BFWD on. The look and protection are great but still want to add BFMS. My concern is once the BFMS wears off, will the car still have the same two layers of BFWD? I am preparing for winter so I don`t want to diminish the protection of BFWD.
    This should answer your question.

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax is more resistant to washings than a typical carnauba wax. One of the drawbacks of any carnauba wax is durability. Our tests in Florida during the summer have demonstrated water beading after 100 days. The polymers used to fortify Midnight Sun are very resistant to high heat and detergent washings but BLACKFIRE’s Ice over Fire shine was designed for a particular "look," not for ultimate durability. To get the best shine AND durability, use Midnight Sun as a topper over BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information