Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Sun

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Midnight Sun

No argument to MS being easy to work with, actually a pleasure. This is the highest end wax that I own. I used it on black metallic flake paint and it kicked it up a notch. I am under the general belief that all products look good and its mostly technique, but there was a noticeable difference with MS. I also have BFWD and have not yet tried it under the MS. When it gets warmer, I`ll slap it on there and I have very high expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I`m being sucked in by the hype on MS/BFWD but I used the Blackfire compound and polish on black BMW paint and was really happy with the end result. I have WG sealant and Fuzion already and there may no real difference between the two but I would really like to try these based on what I got with the other Blackfire stuff I`ve used so far.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the waxes that I really want to get - it`s a shame that I just couldn`t find enough items to add to my cart to get the free sample pot during the recent Christmas sales. I`m really looking forward to the release of the new products, so I can buy the 3 oz jar.

Post Thanks / Like

multiple coats of MS vs multiple coats of Fuzion on black

thoughts?

I`ve got to stop reading these posts. I already know that 95% of the look is from the polishing but that doesn`t seem to stop me from wanting to try this stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

I recently got BFMS in a trade and will be using it tomorrow on a black GMC Terrain. Plan doing a near (+ - 90&#37 complete correction, following Collinite 845, then BFMS. I`m be sure to post up an article when I`m done.

I can`t wait to try my first Blackfire product.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim,

BlackFire Midnight Sun was my first experience with this family of product. I was pleasantly surprised to see how effortlessly it went on with a yellow foam pad.

I`m really an advocate for applying sealants and waxes with a dual action polisher and appropriate pad but this glided on so nicely I think this will be a hand applied product.
    Last edited by BobbyG; 01-06-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: grammer

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post

I`m really an advocate for applying sealants and waxes with a dual action polisher and appropriate pad but this glided on so nicely I think this will be a hand applied polish.
    Yes, it does go on beautifully by hand. I put it on by hand and it was a cinch just as everyone said.

Post Thanks / Like

Midnight Sun is definitely one of the products on my carnuaba "to try" list. I used the BFWD for the first time & was super happy with the results (and the product)!
    Current: 2015 Volvo S60 Platinum - Ember Black Metallic

Past: 2011 Jaguar XF Premium - Ebony, Barley/Truffle

Past: 2007 Celestial Blue Metallic C70 T5

Past: 2005 Black Saphire Metallic S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hey Jim,

BlackFire Midnight Sun was my first experience with this family of product. I was pleasantly surprised to see how effortlessly it went on with a yellow foam pad.

I`m really an advocate for applying sealants and waxes with a dual action polisher and appropriate pad but this glided on so nicely I think this will be a hand applied product.
    I agree Bobby. Quite a pleasure to apply by hand. I tend to use my PC a lot for LSP`s. The WOWO waxes are nice to bring that "hand waxed" allure to a vehicle without killing yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I have used it on a warm car in the sun and it was fine, but I had to work very small sections. You do not want to let let it haze on the paint`s surface, which on a black car in the Florida sun is going to take seconds.

The reason is Midnight Sun has an extremely high carnauba content (actual carnauba by wet volume vs. some number that is impossible to formulate). PBMG nor CMA ever quoted carnauba percentage, because a waxes true ability is far more than the actual amount of carnauba in the product. A waxes performance is a combination of the wax(s), oils, solvents, and in this case polymers as well.

Because Midnight Sun has so much carnauba (and thus a lower solvent to carnauba ratio) once it hardens it will be very difficult to remove. If you have ever seen or felt pure carnauba wax it is extremely hard (like concrete). Once those solvents flash off you are left with an extremely hard paste on the surface that will be very difficult to remove. Midnight Sun is carefully blended with premium grade oils that slow the solvent from flashing (why it is so easy to apply and remove) but it could be difficult on an extremely hot surface.
    Thank You Todd for the explenation of the MS make-up.
    Very interesting
    TeamFLEXPE14-2 150 Serial#0005/3401/3403

Post Thanks / Like

damn the more i read, the more blackfire products become increasingly tempting to buy haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    Thank You Todd for the explenation of the MS make-up.
    Very interesting
    Your welcome

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to pick up one of the old batches of bfms if anyone still has them for sale down the road?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m one of the excited ones and have yet to try mine, is there any feedback on durability (as a stand- alone and with BFWD)?

Post Thanks / Like

Im waiting on the NEW products.....WHEN

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information