Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Sun

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Midnight Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    There is no surprise. You will notice great reviews really help product build talk and drive more sales. For example,BFWD has a tremendous following despite numerous other sealants it competes against (Ultima, Menzerna PL, WG DPS, etc).
    It starts to build a hype and some look at it as a miracle product or line. When Wolfgang came out I selected to do field tests and reviews. IMO it was a good line, but expensive for a detailer that was trying to make a living, geared to the weekend guy using it on his own cars. That said for a while it was the hype product line
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Midnight Sun being the only carnauba I have ever used, and how easy on and off it is, I do not think I will ever use another wax as much as I use MS. Always open to trying to waxes though!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use BFMS a few times because my customers request it only on the paint. I also carry a few others like Natty`s Blue and Red and also Pinnacle Souveran wax.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwhite View Post
    ok im a mobile bizz and most of my car are outside can this product on hot serfice?
    This question caused the bump and seems to have gotten passed over without being answered.

While I don`t think it would make it difficult to apply or remove, I would never recommend applying a wax or sealant to a hot surface. Find some shade or spend $100 and get a canopy. Best $100 I ever spent. If the surface is hot still from polishing or having been in the sun you can cool it pretty quickly by spraying some water on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I never liked MS that much, its easy to use, smells great and spreads niceley a pleasure to apply but, a big but the look just isn`t there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kotsios View Post
    I never liked MS that much, its easy to use, smells great and spreads niceley a pleasure to apply but, a big but the look just isn`t there.
    Send me your tub...I`ll make sure it looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kotsios View Post
    Really?! I know everybody has their opinions, but what wax are you comparing it to?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure about the great smell (just smells like wax) but I think MS looks really nice. I`ve used a P21s and Tropi-care nuba and I think the wetness and warm tint it gave the red on my TA was better than the other two.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used MS by itself on my daily driver, and for the first time ever, white actually had depth!

I also use MS on top of BFWD on customer cars, and it consistently pops.

Two thumbs up, and I`m an old guy who has used almost everything....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Really?! I know everybody has their opinions, but what wax are you comparing it to?
    Fuzion, P21s100%, Autoglym, Nattys blue and Fk 1000p. All of these are better than MS.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What look is it your looking for?
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    What look is it your looking for?
    High gloss and depth so far Fuzion is the best I have found. Warm doesn`t do it for me. My car is already a warm color its red.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I`m not sure about the great smell (just smells like wax) but I think MS looks really nice. I`ve used a P21s and Tropi-care nuba and I think the wetness and warm tint it gave the red on my TA was better than the other two.
    Smells like maple syrup to me MS has a great smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwhite View Post
    ok im a mobile bizz and most of my car are outside can this product on hot serfice?
    I have used it on a warm car in the sun and it was fine, but I had to work very small sections. You do not want to let let it haze on the paint`s surface, which on a black car in the Florida sun is going to take seconds.

The reason is Midnight Sun has an extremely high carnauba content (actual carnauba by wet volume vs. some number that is impossible to formulate). PBMG nor CMA ever quoted carnauba percentage, because a waxes true ability is far more than the actual amount of carnauba in the product. A waxes performance is a combination of the wax(s), oils, solvents, and in this case polymers as well.

Because Midnight Sun has so much carnauba (and thus a lower solvent to carnauba ratio) once it hardens it will be very difficult to remove. If you have ever seen or felt pure carnauba wax it is extremely hard (like concrete). Once those solvents flash off you are left with an extremely hard paste on the surface that will be very difficult to remove. Midnight Sun is carefully blended with premium grade oils that slow the solvent from flashing (why it is so easy to apply and remove) but it could be difficult on an extremely hot surface.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used MS by itself and its nice. Applies very easily and has nice jetting on dark colored cars.

In my opinion however, where this wax shines and has no equal, is on top of BD on dark metallic paints. This is the true reason why I own Blackfire "wet ice over fire" and is the only piece of kit used on this type of color car. The combination of deep, glowing black with unreal levels of flake pop is just astounding.

I have tried many other waxes and have several I use depending on the color of the car. For instance, I feel Dodo Banana Armour is much better on warm mid tones and gives much more to reds and yellows, where as on solid black I prefer Swissvax Mystery.

Hand me a car in nighthawk black pearl however... and its will get the BF treatment and look stunning!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information