Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using Blackfire Metal Polishing System to create a mirror finish on aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktruckowner View Post
    Todd how well would these work on chrome dipped rims, or is there something just as good for chrome.
    Blackfire Wet Diamond Aluminum Show Polish
    Blackfire Wet Diamond All Metal Sealant
    The Aluminum Show Polish and Wet Diamond Sealant will both work exceptionally well on chrome. You do not want to use abrasive metal polishes however.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using Blackfire Metal Polishing System to create a mirror finish on aluminum

Todd ---I only have the Flex 3401 and the GG 6" I do plan to take before and after pictures.
    Thanks
    Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyes45 View Post
    Todd ---I only have the Flex 3401 and the GG 6" I do plan to take before and after pictures.
    Thanks
    Walt
    Hi Walt. The system works well on a DA polisher but does require a little extra buffing. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.

Cannot wait to see!

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work! I have been using blackfire products for a few years now and have just about everything you guys make. I`m going to jump on this system ASAP!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is this sold as a kit? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

He calls it a system but it`s not one in the manner of all the pieces in one kit. The sysyem is actually the different products all used together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by njs619 View Post
    Is this sold as a kit? Thank you.
    Not currently but something is in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    He calls it a system but it`s not one in the manner of all the pieces in one kit. The sysyem is actually the different products all used together.
    Exactly!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad I saw this thread. I have some stainless steel that will need a lot of work. I`ll have a lot of questions for you Todd!

This will also help me polish and protect my new stainless exhaust system I plan on purchasing for the Magnum.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Outstanding results Todd! This is a very useful thread full of great info, subscribed. I don`t polish a lot of metal but if I do come across something I will absolutely check back here before starting. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Wow! Outstanding results Todd! This is a very useful thread full of great info, subscribed. I don`t polish a lot of metal but if I do come across something I will absolutely check back here before starting. Thanks everyone!
    No problem Richard, I hope all is well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    I`m glad I saw this thread. I have some stainless steel that will need a lot of work. I`ll have a lot of questions for you Todd!

This will also help me polish and protect my new stainless exhaust system I plan on purchasing for the Magnum.
    You can reach me on the forum, PM (I prefer forum questions be posted here though so it can help other members), cell phone or through Autopia. I`ll be looking forward to the results!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    You can reach me on the forum, PM (I prefer forum questions be posted here though so it can help other members), cell phone or through Autopia. I`ll be looking forward to the results!
    Let me just start with this question: How would I remove caked on tar and road debris off of stainless stell exhaust tips that doesn`t seem to come off with chemicals? Is this even possible? I`ve tried tar removers such as tarminator etc, but I have no idea how long this stuff has been on there. Blow torch possibly?

(this is on a truck with the exhaust exiting behind the rear wheels)

Post Thanks / Like

CT3 it depends on what finish you are wanting to achieve. If your wanting a brushed look like a lot of stainless is do all the same steps from my earlier post and stop with the amount of brushed look you want or continue with all the steps and polish to a mirror finish. The process is the same no matter if your doing alloy, brass, stainless, copper or what ever. Just some finish out easier than others just like soft clear coat verses ceramic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Let me just start with this question: How would I remove caked on tar and road debris off of stainless stell exhaust tips that doesn`t seem to come off with chemicals? Is this even possible? I`ve tried tar removers such as tarminator etc, but I have no idea how long this stuff has been on there. Blow torch possibly?

(this is on a truck with the exhaust exiting behind the rear wheels)
    Have you tried steel wool or a fine scotch brite in combination with the cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Have you tried steel wool or a fine scotch brite in combination with the cleaner?
    No I have not. Now I will though. I`ll try both and see how it comes out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information