Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using Blackfire Metal Polishing System to create a mirror finish on aluminum

I`d like something that easily removes any exhaust discoloring from heat. I`m hoping the BM products will do well on it.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using Blackfire Metal Polishing System to create a mirror finish on aluminum

I have never had much luck with metal polishes. I must be expecting too much.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

could this be done to a hood that is made from aluminum??

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like a nice system! Thanks for the in depth review Todd! It would have helped me a lot when I polished out a couple sets of BBS wheels last year...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Very Cool Todd...
    Thanks Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I`m going to do everything with the exhaust on the car. The system is in mint condition, still looks like the day I bought it, I just want to absolutely gleam

And on my new daily driver, I plan to use it routinely to maintain the bling.

I have plenty of polishers. I have wool and regular foam pads. I have 4" size ones too for the small spaces. I guess I`m good to go. This will a project for the coming fall.
    You HAVE to post before and afters

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    I`m wondering is the Wet Diamond AM`S something that will hold up to exhaust heat? We put Tubi`s on a 430 and Gran Cabrio. They look great when they are clean. I was more concerned about the heat from the 430 positioning.
    I think it depends on how close you get to the engine/cat. I don`t think many polymer sealants are going to be able to withstand any tempature above 250 degrees.

I`d like something that easily removes any exhaust discoloring from heat. I`m hoping the BM products will do well on it.
    The fine cut should eliminate bluing pretty easily. However you might want to consider Blue-Job which is for sale on the `garage sale` section right. It does a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have never had much luck with metal polishes. I must be expecting too much.
    I think it is about what you are trying to accomplish. The results on this cheap aluminum certainly met my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    could this be done to a hood that is made from aluminum??
    Sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    This looks like a nice system! Thanks for the in depth review Todd! It would have helped me a lot when I polished out a couple sets of BBS wheels last year...lol
    Thanks Dave!

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, you read my mind. I just got some Blue Job in on Monday and if weren`t so darn hot, I`d do at least a little test area first. I watched a Youtube and got some great ideas on how to polish with it. The Blackfire System really piques my interest though, I`m thinking for starters just a little bit by hand with a MF,see if that does anything, then polish with some of my demoted cutting and wool pads. I`m thinking 4" pads. I can try that with both the GG and the rotary. I can read up on techniques to be sure of the best ways for the time being.

I`m going to do a write up with a pictorial. Something to look forward to once it finally gets cooler. Stay tuned.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, you read my mind. I just got some Blue Job in on Monday and if weren`t so darn hot, I`d do at least a little test area first. I watched a Youtube and got some great ideas on how to polish with it. The Blackfire System really piques my interest though, I`m thinking for starters just a little bit by hand with a MF,see if that does anything, then polish with some of my demoted cutting and wool pads. I`m thinking 4" pads. I can try that with both the GG and the rotary. I can read up on techniques to be sure of the best ways for the time being.

I`m going to do a write up with a pictorial. Something to look forward to once it finally gets cooler. Stay tuned.
    Let us know how it works out! I want pics!!!!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I also will be waiting Bill for your write up. I`m happy to see more of the BF Metal Polishing System being mention here and around the net.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    I also will be waiting Bill for your write up. I`m happy to see more of the BF Metal Polishing System being mention here and around the net.
    Angelo, I`m thinking Bill forgot about us?!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Angelo, I`m thinking Bill forgot about us?!
    Yes, I think your right Todd.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    How that thing looks great

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that turned out great Todd. I would have never thought it would have come out so nice using the equipment you did. Normally for that type of shine would require rouges and a dedicated buffer wheel. Like I used to polish this swaingarm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    I have to say that turned out great Todd. I would have never thought it would have come out so nice using the equipment you did. Normally for that type of shine would require rouges and a dedicated buffer wheel. Like I used to polish this swaingarm.

That looks amazing!

The BLACKFIRE Metal System was developed to create professional results with out the buffing wheel. I have a Caswell buffing system at home and I guess it takes a lot of experience to get good with it because I can get much higher quality results using BLACKFIRE.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... Amazing results

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

The results are quite astounding. I honestly had no idea that such a transformation could be accomplished. The finished product looks like a silver serving tray on a banquet table.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information