Post Thanks / Like

BF One Step vs BF TPnS

Have been searching to find the differences (if any) between Total Polish and Seal and One Step? Are they the same product with different sized bottles and packaging? Or are the products actually different?
    I can`t seem to find any threads on this.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF One Step vs BF TPnS

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDfx View Post
    Have been searching to find the differences (if any) between Total Polish and Seal and One Step? Are they the same product with different sized bottles and packaging? Or are the products actually different?
    I can`t seem to find any threads on this.
    Thanks
    I am not an expert....all I know I used BF one step....it cleans....polish and protects.....makes your car look great.if you go on autogeek a lot of professional detailers use it...now BF came out with a hybrid liquid wax which is on sale there...

Post Thanks / Like

They are different. TPS was still a one step product but didn’t offer much correction. It had either very fine abrasives and/or just chemical cleaners.(I personally not sure but from using it, that’s my determination) BF One Step provides rather impressive cut with great gloss while still leaving protection behind.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am be wrong but I believe total polish and seal does not contain an abrasive while Blackfire AIO does contain an abrasive.

I think the total seal and polish is a chemical cleaner similar to Klasse AIO where the chemical cleaners and the pad may offer a little correction but that’s it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for those clarifications. Based upon your descriptions it sounds like One Step is a slight upgrade from TPnS by adding some fine-polishing correction ability.
    So TPnS would only be appropriate for paint that`s already in primo condition.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for those clarifications. Based upon your descriptions it sounds like One Step is a slight upgrade from TPnS by adding some fine-polishing correction ability.
    So TPnS would only be appropriate for paint that`s already in primo condition.
    Thanks
    I have both and I would say that “slight upgrade” is an understatement. One Step all daaay.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I have both and I would say that “slight upgrade” is an understatement. One Step all daaay.
    So do you use your TPnS at all anymore or have you simply retired it as not useful?

Post Thanks / Like

So do you use your TPnS at all anymore or have you simply retired it as not useful?
    We sort of discussed outside here, but to summarize, I don’t think TPnS is a poor product, I just have a lot of AIOs that are newer and better so I reach for those first. If I wasn’t a hoarder and had no better AIOs, I could make a car with medium/soft paint look really nice with TPnS and an orange pad (assuming mild/minor swirling). It’s not bad wiping off, I can’t speak for longevity because I topped it.

Below is a thread where I used this on my mom’s car. I think I had to use more aggressive stuff on some bird-water etches but the car wasn’t to swirled because they don’t wash it. It was just filthy with ingrained dirt, and TPnS did it’s job well.

To answer the question straight up, I would teach for One Step, Speed, M37 360, Pinnacle Jeweling, Essence, Beasley’s Z1 or any of the newer ceramic AIOs before TPnS. So it may never get used again unless a cheap car really needs a deep cleaning and not much correction. But my situation with a lot of choices drives my thoughts.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...inox+Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like

Your Mom`s car came out looking spectacular; I`m sure she was stunned and thrilled with the transformation.
    Thanks for all your feedback on this topic. I`ll use up the rest of my TPnS on my wife`s blue BMW which I`ve already polished heavily to a smooth, glossy finish; TPnS will be solid maintenance for this vehicle.
    I`ll likely continue with my Menzerna polishes and Power Lock on mine.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^ If you have something to top the BMW with, like spray waxes or drying aids, I would use them as well since it may not be durable on its own... but you’ll find out as time passes and can gauge from there.

Post Thanks / Like

acruRAS82:
    I have two questions for you (Kinda hi-hacking this thread on Blackfires` One Step and TPnS Sealer):
    1) What buffing machine/polisher did you you use on your Mom` now-turned-in leased 2018 Dark Grey Equinox??
    (Great work on that vehicle and your comment about the satisfaction of making a really dirty daily driver into something the owner is stunned about seeing is well understood and relatable by me and I am sure many Autopians viewing this thread!)
    2) Of all the different All-In-One`s you mentioned above ,which do you prefer? (Really interested in your thoughts about Dr.Beasley`s Z1, although a little expensive at $40 for the 8 ounce tube)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    acruRAS82:
    I have two questions for you (Kinda hi-hacking this thread on Blackfires` One Step and TPnS Sealer):
    1) What buffing machine/polisher did you you use on your Mom` now-turned-in leased 2018 Dark Grey Equinox??
    (Great work on that vehicle and your comment about the satisfaction of making a really dirty daily driver into something the owner is stunned about seeing is well understood and relatable by me and I am sure many Autopians viewing this thread!)
    2) Of all the different All-In-One`s you mentioned above ,which do you prefer? (Really interested in your thoughts about Dr.Beasley`s Z1, although a little expensive at $40 for the 8 ounce tube)
    Thanks Lonnie.

1) I used my trusty GG6 with 5.5” backing plate for most polishing. I use my Porter Cable (the one everyone has) for smaller areas with the 3” backing plate. If the PC 3 doesn’t get something done good enough because of angles/corners, I’ll try the 3” plate on the GG6. Can’t remember if I did that on this detail though.
    So, no Beast, Rupes or custom mini polishers for me. Maybe someday.

2) Tough question to answer, but I would say One Step/360 if looking for cut. One Step/Speed for wipe off. Pinnacle Jeweling/Essence for light work and final beauty (but honestly they all look great afterwards). I use Essence the most in the last 2 years because of it’s base for ceramics which I use the most. So I like Essence a lot but never use it for correction so I’m disqualifying it from my AIO choice. It’s my primer favorite.
    Anyways, I’ll stop my dancing and say that when combining all things I could ever want an AIO for, One Step is most versatile, easy, good looking and leaves decent protection. If I was going to check out a friends car t knowing what it needed, I would not go wrong bringing my One Step and GG6.

Z1 I only used for a few touch ups and for a door panel to test out. That panel looks good still after 3 winter months. Wipe off not as easy as the others but having a ceramic coating maintenance polish or a one step coating is invaluable, so that alone means I’ll be using this stuff wildly once the weather warms up. More thoughts to come later this year.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82:
    Thank you for your timely and insightful response.

I do think you need to consider the new Griot`s Garage G9 buffer. A friend of mine bought one and LOVES it. This coming from someone who trained as a body shop repairman in the mid-1970`s using 10-pound Milwaukee Tool rotaries with wool pads. He still uses some of those ingrained rotary techniques like keeping the end of the buffer parallel to the surface (not lifting it too high or too low), turning off the machine BEFORE lifting off the surface, and lifting the pad off in a circular arc motion. He just got sick of me detailing his cars (too slow and he can now do a better job) and now that he is retired as a very successful paper machine equipment sales exec, he has reverted back to using his early training. He knows cars and how they should look.

Looking forward to your review on Br. Beasley`s Z1.
    GB detailer
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just used One-Step for the first time with a Orange Lake pad and OMG. I am in love.
    2005 Pontiac GTO
    2014 HD Street Glide
    2020 Volvo V60
    2019 Volvo XC60

Thread Information