wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

How does Blackfire compare?

I`m kinda wondering how PBMA tiers their product lines. I`m assuming that DP is kinda like their entry level pro products and since they are sold in larger sizes that Blackfire would be the upper level pro products. Does that make Wolfgang equal or better than Blackfire? Obviously Pinnacle is the top dog enthusiast product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How does Blackfire compare?

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I`m kinda wondering how PBMA tiers their product lines. I`m assuming that DP is kinda like their entry level pro products and since they are sold in larger sizes that Blackfire would be the upper level pro products. Does that make Wolfgang equal or better than Blackfire? Obviously Pinnacle is the top dog enthusiast product.
    Blackfire, the pro line for about 2-3 years now is a tier below WG and Pinnacle. Prior to the grey and black label change they sold things in the 16oz quantities as the norm, and they were a price point below WG.

Although Pinnacle is the costliest, WG in my opinion is just about on the same pier. Pinnacle prides themselves on natural ingredients and as such, does not seem to get versions of the newer SiO2 products (except the Crystal SiO2 spray, priced the same as WG’s version). As far as newer technology, it seems WG is the top dog at PBMG. Even as far as beauty waxes and sealants, Fuzion and DGPS are same price points as Souveran and Liquid Souveran. Fuzion Spray Wax is higher price point than Souveran Spray.

So although some equivalent products cost a few bucks more by Pinnacle (polishes, QDs, interior products), I would almost count Pinnacle and WG as two top tiers - *1A and 1B. Below them is BF at tier 2, the pro line. Below that is DP (previously Mckees) at tier 3 as the value minded entry level brand.

*Tier numbering is made up by me to simplify my thoughts.
    Likes wannafbody, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the WG compounds/polishes....I`ve never tried the other PBMG compounds/polishes to compare them. I find the uber compound w/ Griots 5.5`` mf pads work awesome. Would love to see or hear `bout a comparo thou......

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Wolfgang polishes and compounds are made by Menzerna.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I think the Wolfgang polishes and compounds are made by Menzerna.
    At one time, the BF polish(es?) were made by Menzerna. The one for "scratch-resistant clear" or however they named it was a variation on the Po106 theme, though it seemed to do a bit less concealing than Po106FF for instance, so there was apparently *some* kind of diff.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have have about 16oz of there original ceramic from years ago called crystal coat. They at that point were selling them in 8 0z bottle the first use was ok but the left over stuff became unusable because bottle had sealing issues. They were getting rid of the bottles for $20 I bought a bunch I now use it as trim coating, leather, tire coating, spa covers basically anything. It is a cool product it’s thick and when it left to dry in a bottle cap for the chucks of glass like other but it’s flexible. It’s was cool product never found or used a ceramic like again. It’s been on my fathers dodge nitro’s plastic trim like a champ. All blackfire products have been good except there first rinseless wash I did not like it.

Thread Information