Post Thanks / Like

BF all finish paint protect and rain

I put some on today and it started to sprinkle. Will this affect it in any way ? I put a coat on a few weeks ago and wanted to do another before winter. I plan to do a coat of wax in the next few days too. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF all finish paint protect and rain

I recall reading that this sealant cured in 6 hours due to the polycharger in it. You could always add another coat just in case.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks pgp thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You’re fine. 12 hours is optimal for this, but most cross linking is done within an hour and there is very little performance drop off even if u had put wax on top immediately. Plus you already had a coat on from weeks ago. should be no need to put another on right now.

Post Thanks / Like

pgp- Is this your first experience with the BF AFPP? If so, I`ll be interested to hear what you think of it, especially its durability and protection. Well, the look too, since it darkens so much (at least IME).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    pgp- Is this your first experience with the BF AFPP? If so, I`ll be interested to hear what you think of it, especially its durability and protection. Well, the look too, since it darkens so much (at least IME).
    Accumulator, FWIW, I do find BF WDAFPP to darken a noticeable amount. I don’t have any standalone durability or protection observations though.

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82- Ah, thanks...so it`s *not* just me after all! I was astounded by how it did that...had I used it on the right vehicle I might`ve even liked it and be *happily* surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Accmulator- I picked up the kit with the wax a year or two ago. I liked the easy on/off application. The look is nice on my Ruby Red. I did not always top it with wax. I am going to, soon to get it ready for winter. I was thinking of doing the wax as often as weather/time permits to keep the protection up to par.The car sits outside 24/7. The wax I have is a beauty wax so it may not last too long. Plus I have too much on the shelf if you know what I mean !

Post Thanks / Like

pgp- Heh heh, yeah...I know *exactly* what you mean about too much on the shelf!

I gotta say that for winter, let alone on an outside 24/7 car, I`d be using something else, but that`s just me and OK...the BFAFPP just didn`t do it for me and I`m a nut for durability. I sure do agree that the AFPP is very user-friendly and their Gloss Enhancing Polish is a good "glaze-type" product for something that works under a sealant (I`ve used it on some weird things with great success).

Yeah, better redo that wax frequently if you`re topping it, or maybe just redo the AFPP regularly instead. Sure don`t want to be caught short in the middle of winter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    pgp- Heh heh, yeah...I know *exactly* what you mean about too much on the shelf!

......Yeah, better redo that wax frequently if you`re topping it, or maybe just redo the AFPP regularly instead. Sure don`t want to be caught short in the middle of winter!
    I thought the wax would be better and easier/quicker to apply then the AFPP due to the colder temps. ?? The wax is a WOWO type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    I thought the wax would be better and easier/quicker to apply then the AFPP due to the colder temps. ?? The wax is a WOWO type.
    He’s referring to the sealant having better durability, whereas the wax may only last a few weeks before needing reapplication.

Assuming you’re applying in a garage, the sealant shouldn’t freeze that quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

IME almost every LSP (the only exceptions that come to mind are stuff I`ve never actually used and never will) can be used as a W-O-W-O, not that I usually do any of `em that way (even when it`s the recommended method). But anyhow..

I`d sorta expect the AFPP to work *better than the wax* in cold temps, although it might take a good long while to set up/cure/whatever. But eh, that`s just a guess so be a little careful.

Thread Information