Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Seal

Do I apply cs before or after midnight sun?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crystal Seal

Before is the accepted norm, but is ok after as well
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Before. Do a couple coats a couple hours apart. Wait 24 hours then Midnight Sun.
    Likes JHL88 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    Before. Do a couple coats a couple hours apart. Wait 24 hours then Midnight Sun.

I would have to agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi fellas,

sorry to jump in, but I just tried Crystal seal for the first time. I usually use Sonax PNS but clients have complained it is not slick and feel I haven`t apply any "wax" to their cars.

Crystal seal was so easy to use, and has a slick that I really loved when using BFWD back then. My only question is, how long does CS protects the car? And can I top it with other type of wax? Auto Finesse Illusion for example?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocar Detail View Post
    My only question is, how long does CS protects the car? And can I top it with other type of wax? Auto Finesse Illusion for example?

Thanks
    CS will last a few months depending on your environment. Yes you can top CS with any wax you choose.
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great product!
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Seal is a great product. I can apply a coat to my Dodge Ram in 10 minutes !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Hi fellas,

sorry to jump in, but I just tried Crystal seal for the first time. I usually use Sonax PNS but clients have complained it is not slick and feel I haven`t apply any "wax" to their cars.

Crystal seal was so easy to use, and has a slick that I really loved when using BFWD back then. My only question is, how long does CS protects the car? And can I top it with other type of wax? Auto Finesse Illusion for example?

Thanks
    You should be able to get 6+ months out of it if you wash properly and keep it "up`d" with BFWD Polymer products. I usually use it as topper on top of BFWD, so maybe 6+ months is a little long since I may still have protection after 6+ months, but it could just be the CS is gone but the BFWD is still there. Here`s what I do to keep it going as long as possible:

1) After a 2BM, I use BFMS Instant Detailer as a drying aid
    2) Use BFRW when you do rinseless as it contains the WD polymers. Finish with BF Polymer Spray.
    3) Every month or so, I`ll add MS Paste Wax to the front of the hood, front bumper, and side mirrors as an additional sacrificial layer for bugs.

It`s so easy to use that you could add another coat or two after 3 months if you are using it by itself, just to be sure.

This is my summer routine and I still seem to have protection after 7 months (April - Oct). One coat BFWD followed by 2 coats of BFCS.
    Likes Eurocar Detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    CS will last a few months depending on your environment. Yes you can top CS with any wax you choose.
    Thanks!! I applied it on my wife`s Fiat Uno and she noticed the shine right away (a miracle)
    The gloss was definitely better than Sonax PNS, but the beading of PNS is unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    You should be able to get 6+ months out of it if you wash properly and keep it "up`d" with BFWD Polymer products. I usually use it as topper on top of BFWD, so maybe 6+ months is a little long since I may still have protection after 6+ months, but it could just be the CS is gone but the BFWD is still there. Here`s what I do to keep it going as long as possible:

1) After a 2BM, I use BFMS Instant Detailer as a drying aid
    2) Use BFRW when you do rinseless as it contains the WD polymers. Finish with BF Polymer Spray.
    3) Every month or so, I`ll add MS Paste Wax to the front of the hood, front bumper, and side mirrors as an additional sacrificial layer for bugs.

It`s so easy to use that you could add another coat or two after 3 months if you are using it by itself, just to be sure.

This is my summer routine and I still seem to have protection after 7 months (April - Oct). One coat BFWD followed by 2 coats of BFCS.

Thanks... glad to hear the durability. Honestly, BF has always been good to me. No other sealant lasted as long as BFWD and I tried several ones.. Menzerna FMJ and PL, Jetseal and more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! I applied it on my wife`s Fiat Uno and she noticed the shine right away (a miracle)
    The gloss was definitely better than Sonax PNS, but the beading of PNS is unbeatable.
    I wonder how BFCS topped with PNS would look & last?
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I wonder how BFCS topped with PNS would look & last?

I can arrange this.
    Half of the roof was done with PNS, and the other half with CS. I`ll top the other half with PNS and compare how long it will last.. I`ll add some pics tonight.
    Likes Ronkh, rottenII liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi fellas,

Thanks
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield is not slick to the touch but is when washing, the time it truly matters. From what I was told PNS was developed for the Sonax coating in Europe to help fight against water spotting. It just happens to be a durable stand alone sealant when used on bare paint. I personally ask each customer what characteristics they want in their LSP. I have many that say "I don`t care, I just want something that will last", these are the type who receive Sonax PNS.

If you continue to use PNS as your LSP, do a final wipe with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Maybe pick up a case and sell it to your customers to maintain their paint?

- Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield is not slick to the touch but is when washing, the time it truly matters. From what I was told PNS was developed for the Sonax coating in Europe to help fight against water spotting. It just happens to be a durable stand alone sealant when used on bare paint. I personally ask each customer what characteristics they want in their LSP. I have many that say "I don`t care, I just want something that will last", these are the type who receive Sonax PNS.

If you continue to use PNS as your LSP, do a final wipe with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Maybe pick up a case and sell it to your customers to maintain their paint?

- Richard

Still, there is something to be said for that "slick/soft" feel. I know better, but still gotta touch the paint.......... mmmmm
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Still, there is something to be said for that "slick/soft" feel. I know better, but still gotta touch the paint.......... mmmmm
    I agree, I definitely feel better when paint is slick as opposed to a bare glass feel. I wonder if there is a way to modify PNS to make it slick without affecting durability?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information