Post Thanks / Like

Question on what to apply on the front end of my truck

Old guy here but took up cleaning our cars a few years ago. I`ve purchased a few items on here that have been good products. My truck has the Ceramic applied by the dealer at purchase. 2022 Ram. I wanted a local shop to do this but he went out of business about the time I bought the truck and we have few of anyone doing this for miles around us here in the country. That said. Bought some items recommended on here and they work great. I`ve just applied 2 coats of Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Ceramic Crystal Mist Detail Spray and then weeks later a coat of Griot`s Ceramic 3-IN-1 Wax. Is there a point of doing this too much on our vehicles or is the old saying "more is better" true in this case?

ALSO. The front end of the Bighorn has a black grill that basically looks like inverted ice cube trays. A PITA to clean out and apply anything to it. We are leaving for 2 weeks in late June to drive to Minnesota from VA. We have bugs in VA but nothing like you all in the UP and over to NW MN at the Canadian border, where we`re going. How the heck do you do it? Besides what I am using is there some miracle product I can apply to the front end to make cleaning later easier? I bought the Bug B Gone product made by Sea Foam to help with cleaning but have not used it. Or should I just wait until we get back to VA and I get busy on the front end with the the bug splatter? I also have used F-11 as well with good luck but nothing seems to stop the summer bugs from sticking on. Anyone have a suggestion?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question on what to apply on the front end of my truck

There used to be some spray on stuff meant for bug infested travels but I don`t think it passed the test of time. You are probably well covered for your trip.

As to your maintenance product, use whatever gives you the look/performance you are happy with. Stuff is so good now that even the cheap consumer stuff is really, really good. Don`t get carried away with layering. It`s like putting bandaids on top of bandaids.
    Likes ShenValley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShenValley View Post
    Old guy here but took up cleaning our cars a few years ago. I`ve purchased a few items on here that have been good products. My truck has the Ceramic applied by the dealer at purchase. 2022 Ram. I wanted a local shop to do this but he went out of business about the time I bought the truck and we have few of anyone doing this for miles around us here in the country. That said. Bought some items recommended on here and they work great. I`ve just applied 2 coats of Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Ceramic Crystal Mist Detail Spray and then weeks later a coat of Griot`s Ceramic 3-IN-1 Wax. Is there a point of doing this too much on our vehicles or is the old saying "more is better" true in this case?
    You should apply griots 3 in 1 on bare paint and then you can top it with the detail spray.

I would apply griots 3 in 1 every 4-6 weeks if i had warmer weather. Just make sure the car is clean.

Do you have a machine polisher? Its fun.
    Likes Coatings=crack, ShenValley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Question on what to apply on the front end of my truck

Before trip there and back:

Bug Barricade?, 22 Ounces - Griot```s Garage

BLACKFIRE Bug Blocker

During and after return:

CARPRO Bug-Out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes ShenValley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    You should apply griots 3 in 1 on bare paint and then you can top it with the detail spray.

I would apply griots 3 in 1 every 4-6 weeks if i had warmer weather. Just make sure the car is clean.

Do you have a machine polisher? Its fun.
    I do not have one and to be honest I`ve no clue how to use one. When I see them in ads I am afraid if I screw things up with one of those it will really screw up the paint. The truck has a nice mirror finish right now but making it look even better is always something to strive for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Before trip there and back:

Bug Barricade?, 22 Ounces - Griot```s Garage

BLACKFIRE Bug Blocker

During and after return:

CARPRO Bug-Out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually in researching I read up on Blackfire yesterday. I liked the sound of it then I got to a part where it should be on no longer than 2 days before being washed off and reapplied. This was contrary to a Youtube video showing it can be left on for up to 7 days. Since we are traveling it will be tough to do anything but maybe find a brushless carwash to run it though.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you stop for any measurable time anywhere, it is probably worth your time to pop into a coin-op car wash and blast off the bugs with the pressure wand.

A few weeks I traveled from my location to central Alabama for some training. Not only were the bugs a fierce problem, but it was early spring and the pollen was like nothing I`d seen before. A couple good pressure rinses kept things manageable until I could get home again and do a proper washing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Thread Information