Thread: A big thanks

Post Thanks / Like

A big thanks

I wanted to take a little time and say thanks to everyone in here who always chimes in when I ask the typical newbie questions I ask. The knowledge I have found in here from all you.....pardon the phrase....”old/timers@ has been absolutely amazing.

Considering a month or so ago I only thought of washing and waxing as car care I’m amazed at what I have learned. I wish I would have gotten the detailing big a few months sooner so I would have had time to really get a good polish on our 2012 Metallic Charcoal Fusion. As much as it shines from only being able to do a clay decon, Hand AIO treatment and sealant with powerlock, I’m waiting for spring when I can get my DA out and really do it right....if I only had a garage.....

But again thank you from the bottom of my heart....and for another newbie question that you could assume would come.... thanks for a PM with Accumulator I have an idea for what to keep in the cars for window cleaning....what else does everyone keep in a bin or bag that is a must for an in car kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A big thanks

It`s definitely a real community here.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is! We are always glad to help!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes SWETM, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to the "old timers" myself about 6 years ago when I 1st joined. I`ve learned a lot, I`ve also spent a lot. Without Autopia I`d probably still consider Meguiar`s the most premium brand there is (I love Meg, no respect) lol. As for an in car kit, if you`ll be waterless washing your car, a bottle with some of it mixed up can make a wonderful glass cleaner. And a couple waffle weave towels. If you don`t WW, whatever glass cleaner you like. I love Scholl Concepts ICE Gel glass cleaner. I`m also a fan of Gtechniq`s G6 Perfect Glass, Gyeon Glass & Adam`s Glass Cleaner. But a can of Stoners + a few waffle weaves would be a good combo too.

Post Thanks / Like

You will love your spring detail!!!

I like to keep a few microfibers and a QD that suits my LSP for any type of finger prints if the car looks great already, or for bird poo removal regardless of how clean the car is. Or even sprinklers, bug splats, whatever!

Post Thanks / Like

I just keep a bottle of ECH2O rinseless and a few microfiber towels in a ziplock bag just in case a bird decides to leave me an unwanted present. I put the used microfiber in a ziplock until I can get it washed.
    Likes SWETM, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2-3 365gsm Rag company MF’s, A bottle of N-914 mixed at waterless ratio, Bottle of Meguiars interior QD and a zep cloth for windows. All can’t miss need em in a jam products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve basically quit carrying QD/MFs in the vehicles wearing FK1000P, just no need to bother doing touchups since everything will clean up fine at the next wash and etching is no longer a concern (heh heh.."famous last words" comes to mind but so far, so good ).

I`ll ASSUME that everybody carries some kind of 1st Aid Kit, Window-break Tool (that you`ve practiced with, better wear gloves the first time ), a flashlight, some tools (at least a multi-tool, which saved my bacon, or at least our vacation, during the Deer Incident), at least one towel, hand sanitizer, pen and waterproof paper, and eh...[other stuff I`m not thinking of]. (That`s leaving out anything pet-related that gets transferred between the dog-haulers and stuff related to roadtrips.)

Yeah, big hassle/expense when you have more than one vehicle, but "Be Prepared" and all that.

Eh, I really ougtha carry a fire extinguisher and a means of jump-starting, but these days I lean towards people solving their own problems...gee, that sounds awful but with the way most people keep their vehicles I don`t want to get near `em and most figure folks get what they deserve.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a dang good write up.With out these guys most of us just totally lost.Still am on a lot of it.LOL But when i’m stuck I know where to go to get a idea of what and what not to do.The other thing is there is a ton of people here.That just read and never ask for help.Hell Budget has spent small fortune on coatings .He must have a very understanding wife or soon to be Ex.Just joking Budget.You bought her a Vet to stay out of trouble.LOL But your right we need to Thank all the guys that take the time to help us all.I personally want to Thank Scott for all his help and advice he has given me.But also Thanks to everyone else that does quality write ups and info
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love it here because you can talk about everything! No worries about nastygrams in your pm box because you use a product not sold here or disagree with someone!
    Likes Coleroad, BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    .Hell Budget has spent small fortune on coatings .He must have a very understanding wife or soon to be Ex.Just joking Budget.You bought her a Vet to stay out of trouble.LOL
    As long as she keeps buying new shoes that I find indistinguishable from her current holdings, I shall continue buying products that she cant tell the difference between.

It`s a symbiotic relationship that keeps the world in equilibrium. A big thanks
    Likes Coleroad, Oneheadlite, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My DD sits outside 24/7, both at home and at work. There`s always a tote bag in the trunk with MF towels, waterless wash and window cleaner. I`ve cut a few MF towels into 4x4 inch pieces that I use for bird bomb duty during the summer months. Soak the towel with WW, let it soak in for a few minutes, then remove it by pinching it up rather than wiping. Finish by wiping the panel with the WW and a plush towel. I also keep a small spray bottle of Opti Clean in my console along with a MF cloth or two. If I`m stuck in traffic or waiting to pick someone up, I`ll wipe down my leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, as well as any interior leather, vinyl or plastic surface that needs a spot cleaning.

Bill

Thread Information