Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with coating choices please !

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Congrats on the new vehicle! Since this is your first coating I’m going to suggest PBL Paint Coating as it’s the easiest most fool proof coating around (no chance of high spots). My second choice would be something from CarPro. I’ve used both UK and Cquartz and like them both. Get Dlux for exterior pieces, plastic lenses, wheels, and don’t forget the engine plastics. Now is the time to pick up some ECH2O for rinseless washes and to mix with a SiO2 topper for in between washes/touch ups.

Welcome to the wild world of coatings, enjoy!
    Thank you so much ! Fool proof is something I`m very interested in.
    You have many suggestions that I`m just now becoming aware of, to somebody like me, this is terrifying !
    Just a quick question on the PBL coating - Do you know if it has a strong perfumey sent ??

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Did you not like the Dr. Beasley`s coating you bought last year? What were your thoughts about it?

I did like it alot.
    Was thinking of using it on my malibu, which is babied and waxed regularly.
    That coating lasted while I was ill, about 6 months and I was running that truck thru an automat wash. (messed up the paint and plastic)
    I had only begun some test spots, the hood, back panels. Everywhere I didn`t have the Dr. Beasley`s , the automat left bad swirls. I was truly amazed.

Post Thanks / Like

Mary if you liked the plasma coat and how it applied, check out the polish angel coatings. I here it is very similar and very easy to apply. The PA toppers seem to be great/amazing and everyone seems to love cosmic spritz. If you have rough winters the Viking coat with Viking spritz is recommended. Nothing wrong with sticking with Beasley’s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Mary if you liked the plasma coat and how it applied, check out the polish angel coatings. I here it is very similar and very easy to apply. The PA toppers seem to be great/amazing and everyone seems to love cosmic spritz. If you have rough winters the Viking coat with Viking spritz is recommended. Nothing wrong with sticking with Beasley’s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Polish Angel does sound like it`s do able, plus they have that SiO wax "Famous" or "Passion"
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    You have many suggestions that I`m just now becoming aware of, to somebody like me, this is terrifying !
    Just a quick question on the PBL coating - Do you know if it has a strong perfumey sent ??

I did like it alot.
    Was thinking of using it on my malibu, which is babied and waxed regularly.
    That coating lasted while I was ill, about 6 months and I was running that truck thru an automat wash. (messed up the paint and plastic)
    I had only begun some test spots, the hood, back panels. Everywhere I didn`t have the Dr. Beasley`s , the automat left bad swirls. I was truly amazed.
    PBL Paint Coating smells pretty much like all coatings, chemically. Definitely not a perfumey scent. It is much easier to work with than most coating as it does not flash off quickly. You apply it just like you would apply a sealant.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In that case go with Optimum Gloss Coat. Doesn’t get any easier than this. You can use it on wheels, trim and side glass off the top of my head.

If you have used a product like opti-seal it’s that easy.

https://youtu.be/ggU-YA9J8UM

https://youtu.be/ctFtza_jGxs
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like something new ?
    It’s Sonax from Germany. ??

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mary, it`s been around for about 2 years now. Here`s a post from The Guz when it was first introduced.

Sonax Profiline Ceramic Coating Autogeek SEMA 2016 Video
    Likes Mary B, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I would not suggest the Sonax coating is that it is only a 12 month coating. Most coatings give you between 18-24 months. I would suggest something more durable. If you want something easier to apply try a coating lite like Gyeon Cancoat or TAC Systems Moonlight that give you 9 months of durability.

Sonax PNS is a sealant that has been around seemingly forever is a good choice lasting 6 months and can be extended by topping with Sonax BSD with no chances of high spots.

Sometimes you can get “paralysis by analysis” because of all the great choices. Everyone has their favorites. Most of the big name brands are good to go with. And remember if it doesn’t work out you can just buff it off and start over, none of them are permanent.

PM Budgetplan1 and get his take on which coating is the most user friendly since he has tried more coatings than anyone I know.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is BF the brand that I favor.

Any comments or users ??

Post Thanks / Like

It is not new. As mentioned I used it. It is just forgotten.

This thread and post has my final thoughts on the product.

It is like Sonax PNS on steroids. In the end it is not worth it given the price.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1581589

From an ease of use stand point this is what i would recommend for a first timer.

1. Optimum Gloss Coat - This is by far the easiest coating to apply. The videos sow exactly how easy it is.
    2. Gyeon CanCoat paired with Gyeon Primer Polish and Gyeon Cure. I call it the trifecta in terms of overall performance
    3. Pinnacle Black Label. I just never got the feeling that this was a coating but more of a super sealant. Just my opinion.

I have not used this newest blackfire coating but it looks pretty simple from what Mike Phillips has shown. You may want to give it a shot.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mary B- Congrats on the new ride, that paint oughta be a pleasure to work on/look at, sounds really pretty.

I was wondering why you`re planning on coating it, but I gather it`s for the marring resistance you spotted when going through the car wash.

Post Thanks / Like

This is BF the brand that I favor.

Any comments or users ??
    I have coated a few vehicles with it. It has a very long flash time and is easy to remove, very user friendly. I can’t comment on durability as I only applied it a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know about the price points in the US. But if you look at the Tac System Shine and Tac System Power Plus and you basicly gets the Carpro Classic and CQUK. Also Tac System Total One Essentials and you have Essence too LOL. It can be changed the last years but before Tac System did there own line of detailing products they supplied other brand as a manufacture of the chemicals they used. So you go with a brand that actually makes the chemicals and products in the same house. And here in Sweden the price is a notch under the Carpro prices and very simualar products LOL.

I don`t know about the ease of use with this I`m going to mention. But they are one of few that offers a proffessional ceramic coating with a claimed longevity of up to 4 years. It seems to be CQUK on steriods with a very high SiO2 percent. Tac System UHS 90% is the name of this coating. And yes it is pricier than the others. But from the description you apply it as some describe to apply CQUK. You don`t just do one crosshatch pattern but you keep going until it feels not wet anymore and have flashed already. Then directly level it and move on to the next section. I find this application a little more focused at the section you doing and do one section and be done. Than doing an extra section and go back and level and over and apply to a new and go back and level. It`s just more important to store the bottle right and also put on the cap after every reload on the suede applicator towel and don`t hold it in your hand while applying. Coatings start to cure when it gets air. So even with a normal coating if you want a long shelf life from it. It`s good to take the extra step and do a thorough handle when applying the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is not new. As mentioned I used it. It is just forgotten.

This thread and post has my final thoughts on the product.

It is like Sonax PNS on steroids. In the end it is not worth it given the price.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1581589

From an ease of use stand point this is what i would recommend for a first timer.

1. Optimum Gloss Coat - This is by far the easiest coating to apply. The videos sow exactly how easy it is.
    2. Gyeon CanCoat paired with Gyeon Primer Polish and Gyeon Cure. I call it the trifecta in terms of overall performance
    3. Pinnacle Black Label. I just never got the feeling that this was a coating but more of a super sealant. Just my opinion.

I have not used this newest blackfire coating but it looks pretty simple from what Mike Phillips has shown. You may want to give it a shot.

WOW ! Optimum could be used on everything, definitely a Top contender and the cheapest so far.
    PBL was a very good choice but in the end, it looked like a too quick flash time, I know I would get high spots.
    The BF seems to be more workable.
    Being a beginner at coating, I`m sure not going to have the speed and accuracy that you pros have.
    I`ve been studying and getting at the point that I would like to do a real coating, like I hear about on this forum.

Accumulator : That`s it exactly ! The marring resistance of the Plasma coat. Plus...

When I traded my `16 in, it was a mess....swirls, rock chips, and wax all over the trim.
    I took off work and was going to see how much I could fix, but ended up trading her.
    I`ve learned alot more in the 2 -1/2 years I had that truck and this Rogue is a fresh start.
    This truck will no way in H##L get that bad !

Post Thanks / Like

Mary B- Hey, just wanted to thank you for explaining, I`d wondered if only because of some of your other posts and that makes it all clear.

Heh heh, I bet you`re gonna do a *LOT* better with this one to say the least.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information