Post Thanks / Like

Keeping my car clean

I just bought a new, white car. I’m 73 years old, retired, but always busy. I really want to drive a CLEAN car every day. When I brought my new Honda CRV home I drove it in the garage, washed it, clay barred, gave it a coat of Zaino AIO, then two coats of Z-2 PRO. The car looks beautiful. I live in Illinois where it gets blasted with road salt, chemical deicers, and slush in the winter, and road tar, dust, and bugs in the summer. How do I keep this car clean daily? Tonight I drove to supper with my wife, came back to the garage and the rear of the car was covered with salt, etc. I got a bucket of clear water, sponged it off, rinsed, and wiped dry with a towel. I don’t mind doing this, and I suppose I’ll have to do it almost every time I take the car out. I’m ok with waxing maybe every three months or so, but will I destroy my wax faster doing a daily quick sponge? I’m not going to be a professional detailer or enter my Honda in a car show, but would like to keep it looking sharp by the simplest method possible. Do you folks have any advice for me, products to use or tips on cleaning. I appreciate any advice.

Smurfsdad

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keeping my car clean

All you can do is wash it regularly. Zaino holds up pretty well to washing. You can always touch it up with Z8.
    Likes tom p., smurfsdad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Look into “rinseless” wash. Way safer than wiping down with water. Just need a ounce or two with a couple gallons of water. Has surfactants like soap. OnesI like if using often would be McKee’s 914 or Carpros Ech20 but their a ton of quality product out their. Check out also Wolfgang Uber, ONR, griots garage has great ones with and w/o wax. I personally won’t use sponges and use a microfiber chenille mitt. Cleans great. Some will spray with same product before wiping down. Lot of different techniques you’ll read about when researching it. I personally spray down with a stronger dilution ( see waterless mix method of whatever you buy). Wet a MF mitt (I use 5-7) and wipe down. Microfiber towels will work too. To “help”protect paint look into ceramic coatings their are professional installed ones and DIY versions. Just to note I am no professional just a hobby to me. Sure some pros will be along to make recommendations too. Congrats on the new car.

Happy detailing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, smurfsdad, bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As said above look into rinseless wash with a pretreatment with spraying on a waterless wash dilution strength. If you are going to be wipe it down after every time you driven the new car of yours. And congrats on the new car! What I would do if you are able to have that setup during the winter months. Is a PW with a foamcannon and something to blowdry the car with. Just foam on a good prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off and blowdry with either a leafblower or a dedicated car blowdryer like Master Blaster or Bigboi or Flex cordless dryer. This is to minimize the risk of induse wash marring and scratches. You could also ad a waterless wash or rinseless wash after the prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. Cause you will get a much cleaner car to start with washing it. But a touchless wash is quite fast to do and I think if doing them a lot would be a great choice to do.

As for protection you have the full blown coatings that you do yourself or a coating lite products that is like a coating sealant and mostly easy to apply. Otherwise I would look into Sonax Polymer Net Shield (PNS) and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer to maintance and drying aid if you use that. Sonax is a very well knowned product to be great at the self cleaning ability and the water behavior it has. Around 6 months longevity with PNS and BSD on it`s own 2-3 and that is like a QD. The drawback for many with PNS and BSD is that the finish is not that slick and feeling a little grabbing. But it`s why it has so extreme water behavior and self cleaning ability. And for some reason it looks amazing on white paints. Another products that is like a wax to apply but is sealants. Fk1000p and Collinite 476s and 845 is great options in winter climates.

/ Tony
    Likes smurfsdad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A rinseless wash is probably your best bet. UWW+ or ONR are great. UWW+ can also be used as a waterless wash.
    Likes smurfsdad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For a rinseless wash, I’d look into Dallas Paint Correction Revive and Armor. They are literally the slickest products that I have ever used.

Thread Information