Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did I do wrong?

Thank you everyone for the input. My plan was to do a couple passes of D302 on a MF finishing pad to make sure any residual Jetseal didn`t interfere with soaking the spots. Turns out soaking was unnecessary, the spots were half gone. After another 4 or 5 passes the bumper looked clean again! So I finished up with a coat of Jetseal and then put a coat of Pete`s `53 wax on top of that. I need to apply a new coat of wax to the rest of the car, anyways, but I`ll get to that this weekend. I really, really appreciate all the help, this is an awesome community!

Since it`s a black car, and my daily driver, I am starting to see tiny spiderweb scratches. For future polishing my thinking is that I would start with Menzerna 3500 on a white polishing pad (or equivalent if I`m not using hex logic pads) and if that doesn`t take care of things I`ll try Optimum Hyper Polish and an orange pad or a MF finishing pad. Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Again, thanks for all your help!

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BMW paint is on the hard side. I would try the Menz 3500 on the microfiber finishing pad and see if you like the results. Glad everything worked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    BMW paint is on the hard side. I would try the Menz 3500 on the microfiber finishing pad and see if you like the results. Glad everything worked out.
    I haven’t done much with diminishing polishes on microfiber, with Menz would I prime the pad with polish or would I use a squeeze of detail spray to prime and 4 or so drops of polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhavyn View Post
    I haven’t done much with diminishing polishes on microfiber, with Menz would I prime the pad with polish or would I use a squeeze of detail spray to prime and 4 or so drops of polish?
    It’s personal preference, but for microfiber pads I prime the whole pad with polish. On foam I use a few drops of polish.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope it is just water/etc. spots and not cc failure, but I`m a bit perplexed why somebody would still note that it looks like that under certain lighting conditions. IME most of the time something`s "only visible under certain lighting conditions" that simply means that the lighting isn`t right for inspection most of the time (and *IS* right when the problem is apparent).
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information