Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help! Bought PC 7242xp

Lol. Admittedly I’m not handy but I do possess great common sense and rationale skills. 41yr old and over 20yr working as a correctional officer, a forum isn’t going to rattle me. Hah
    If I had to think, maybe one line rubbed me wrong way, but as I said I’m not an idiot and can appreciate the underlying message which is trying to help. Hell, I’m not sure how long you’ve been here but I’m willing to bet numerous times when you’ve “tried” helping someone with advice they don’t listen and come back worse off??? So yeah.. some times some people need to here it more “direct” lol. Even then some don’t listen
    On that note, hopefully I don’t come back with a help fix my screw up post. Haha

Also I’m an idiot and don’t convey things properly usually and suck at English. re read my post after reading your concern about dust... yeah I’m an idiot. I TOTALLY meant the one panel at a time would be AFTER car washes. Lmao. Not 4 days later on a dusty car. That would definitely be cringe worthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2000 silver GT mustang..selling

2004 odyssey eXL-res- silver

2005 accord EXL- silver

Post Thanks / Like

phatkid77- Eh, sorry about whichever sentence rubbed you the wrong way, but if there was only one I guess I did OK.

And yeah..sigh..over the years I have indeed had folks blow me off and then ask for help about exactly what I was ranting about!

Nah, you`re not an idiot If you came across that way I probably wouldn`t be posting on this thread.

Twenty YEARS as a CO! Yikes, you have my respect..talk about a hostile (work) environment! Heh heh, IMO if you were an idiot or did *NOT* have common sense/etc. you could never have lasted so long in that profession. And you and I are absolutely on the same page about getting rattled by [stuff] on the internet where everybody`s 10` tall and bulletproof...gee, what`s an internet forum compared to your average day at work?!?

And I`m glad we were also on the same page about doing each section after a wash.

All sounds good to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, one more thing ...don`t put too awful much pressure on that PCXP. I doubt it`ll ever happen, but every now and then somebody really leans on it and the *hollow* threaded shaft that holds the pad`s backing plate breaks. Yeah, the resulting jagged metal spinning around could do exactly what you`d expect. Whatever cost savings they get by making it hollow can really cost the user if that happens.

OOPS, yet another thing more! If the PCXP comes with a white foam pad (their older ones used to), don`t use it on your paint, save it for some household work or something. Just no good...but hey, it`s been forever since I bought my PCs and maybe I`m just wasting bandwidth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information