Post Thanks / Like

Process question/advice

So I have been out of the detailing game for 10+ years and I realize my process my be pretty dated, so is there anything you would change?

Step 1: I start off with with washing my car with the two bucket method (going to use grit guard now that I have learned about it) using meguiars gold class car wash. I use Eagle One A to Z wheel cleaner for the wheels and Stoner`s Tarminator for the bugs on the front.

Step 2: Once fully washed and rinsed, I clay the entire car using Meguiars clay bar and showtime quick detailer. As I clay, I make note of all defects I need to fix in the paint.

Step 3: I fully wash a second time using the process as step 1.

Step 4: If needed, I will use my PC 7336 and Poorboys`s SSR 2 or SSR 1, depending on how bad the defects are. If I use SSR 2, then I will use it with a LC Yellow flat pad, then stepped down to SSR 1 with a LC Orange flat pad. I would use a MF to remove product as needed

Step 5: I would quick wash and rinse to remove left over product

Step 6: I apply Klasse All-in-One with a LC White flat pad to the entire vehicle. I used a MF towel to remove the haze.

Step 7: I apply Klasse High Gloss Sealant with a LC Black pad to the entire vehicle. I used a MF towel to remove excess product. I would wait 24 hours and apply a second coat.

Step 8: I applied 2 layers of Poorboy`s Natty blue paste wax with a different LC Black pad. I used a MF towel to remove the haze after each application.

I would apply Natty`s for the 6 month as the beading got worst, always applying 2 coats.

So I know there are better products now, but is the process at least a decent base to start from? Help/Advice needed and wanted.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Process question/advice

Your process is on point in my opinion. There are always new products and tools but if what you have works then stick with it.

I still love the Klasse twins. Early on I would do 2layers of KSG then top it with wax. But I liked the bright bling and protection of just the Klasse and later on started applying 3-4 layers of KSG over a 1-2 week time frame and then used Sonus Acrylic Glanz spray sealant monthly as a top up. And since they are made to work together I could add additional layers of KSG whenever I want.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Process question/advice

XCaliber- If what you posted works for you, then don`t change it.

*I* would sure want at least four coats of KSG and I`d never top it with wax (because I`d want to refresh it now and then) but that`s just me.

Just stay happy with what works for you

Thread Information