Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Best products for me

I have a dark blue truck and a white car. I am looking for the product (or products since they are very different colors) that will provide the best paint protection. I am not concerned about the deepest shine, etc, I am looking for what will provide the longest protection. I don`t wax as often as I should so I am looking for what will give me the best/longest protection between waxes. Also, one has blonde colored leather interior. I am looking for the best leather protector for the same reasons listed above. This is my first car with leather so I want to keep it in good shape.

TIA,
    -Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best products for me

Welcome to the forum

grab yourself a bottle of hydro2 lite and call it a day

CarPro Hydro2 Lite Touchless Silica Sealant 1 Liter (Ready To Use)

so easy to apply you might want to use it after each wash

for the leather- I think you can get the Mirror Bright leather stuff OTC and its pretty decent stuff.. cleans and protects - I don`t like it as much as, say, Poorboys Leather Stuff..but I recommend the Mirror Bright to a lot of people I know locally because its available at auto zone etc.

Brandt K.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!! Thanks for the info. It looks really easy to apply as well. That wasn`t a requirement, but is one heck of a bonus.

I should mention that while I have not posted here before, I have bought products here in the past for my boat. Would the hydro2 work well for the fiberglass on the boat as well?

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf41 View Post
    Awesome!! Thanks for the info. It looks really easy to apply as well. That wasn`t a requirement, but is one heck of a bonus.

I should mention that while I have not posted here before, I have bought products here in the past for my boat. Would the hydro2 work well for the fiberglass on the boat as well?

Thanks again!
    I`m not too sure about the boat part but that`s what I`d try for LSP if someone wanted me to do their boat

just be careful when using hydro2lite (preferably not in the sun or on hot panels).. it may be a little streaky on the glass but it wipes off with a glass cleaner or QD pretty easily (for me at least)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

For the longest lasting protection, I`d recommend a coating (take your pick).
    Likes mjlinane, The Guz, NLove liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    good call.. coating and then touch ups with Hydro2lite or Hydro foam

Brandt K.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Isnt collinite insulator wax for boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post

I am just a simple vehicle owner, not a pro like most probably are here. When you say coating, what kind of product is that. Are we talking a wax? Sorry for the basic question, but it is hard to discern what is what and what to use with the thousands/tens of thousands of different product types and brands I see.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

I am just a simple vehicle owner, not a pro like most probably are here. When you say coating, what kind of product is that. Are we talking a wax? Sorry for the basic question, but it is hard to discern what is what and what to use with the thousands/tens of thousands of different product types and brands I see.

TIA

Surface Coatings for Car Paint, Trim, Glass & Wheels

these

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

So use a a wax (on the paint) and then the Hydro2? I thought the hydro2 was a wax...or type of wax. Maybe a terminology gap for me.

Post Thanks / Like

So use a a wax (on the paint) and then the Hydro2? I thought the hydro2 was a wax...or type of wax. Maybe a terminology gap for me.
    Hydro2 or Hydro2 lite would be applied after washing (with wax free soap preferably)

spray on the wet paint on panel at a time and rinse.. continue around vehicle.. final sheeting rinse when all done..then dry... you can dry with a Wax as you dry product and you essentially have sealed AND waxed your ride

Brandt K.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as you are looking for something that is user friendly, not looking for extreme shine and longevity. I would say to give Meguiar`s Paint Protect 365 a shot. It`s touted to last a year. I had it on my dad`s car for 6 months and it was doing very well before it was stolen. You can pick it up locally for a few bucks. Use Meguiar`s ultimate quik wax or D156 as a maintenance product and you would be good.

Meguiars Paint Protect

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax

If you are looking for something even easier to apply then opti-seal or Rupes P808 would get my vote as well. Rupes has stated that P808 would last up to 6 months but in my opinion who care because it can be applied so easily and it can be used as a drying aid. Optimum has stated that opti seala lasts about 6-9 months on their facebook detailing group.

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant

Optimum Opti-Seal, Paint Protection spray sealant
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t advise putting Hydro2 on anything but clean paint. I`ve read a few posts that say it will not adhere to anything except paint. I have not tried it over any coating or wax, but it seems like it would not work well. It does an excellent job on paint and I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

TIA
    I`m no pro, I started off just like you a few years ago. A coating is an SiO2 (Silicon dioxide) based product that adds years of protection to the surface of your clear coat.

A lot of people think these coatings are not user-friendly as they require the paint to be free of silicon, wax, and sealant. The paint should also be fully corrected (no scratches, swirls, or marring). I personally found the coatings very easy to work with (protection is a must e.g. gloves at a minimum).

It all depends where you want to draw the line (cost, time, appearance, durability).

The most cost effective would likely be a sealant/wax like Finish Kare 1000P or Collinite 476s, but these should be applied every 3-6 months.

The most time effective would be CarPro Hydro-Foam or CarPro Hydro 2 has it is simply sprayed on the surface and pressure washed off, but these need to be applied every 3-6 months

The best appearance is really up to the eye of the beholder, but I`d say products like Pinnacle Souveran and Wolfgang Fuzion or even P21S, but these should be applied as often as desired.

The best durability will always be a ceramic coating, I`ve only personally tried a few out but really like Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating, but your paint needs to be pristine.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I wouldn`t advise putting Hydro2 on anything but clean paint. I`ve read a few posts that say it will not adhere to anything except paint. I have not tried it over any coating or wax, but it seems like it would not work well. It does an excellent job on paint and I highly recommend it.

Really?? I use it all the times on my wheels and wheel wells. Works perfectly.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information