Thread: Detailing ?`s

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing ?`s

I have a few questions I would like to ask. I have detailed all my cars before. I would still say I am a beginner. In the past here is what i have done to my daily drivers. I would wash the vehicle about twice a week inside and out. I would wax the vehicle about 4 times a year. Now I have been interested in auto detailing since I could drive. Unfortunatly with life I was never able to get into as much as I would like. I am at a place in my life now that I have 2 new vehicles and would love to keep them looking great. I have been around show cars and I know what I have done in the past was not correct. I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 Midnight Edition. The truck is a week old. I am trying to get a better protection for the winter months as I live in Ohio. I am looking for a wet deep shine to it. I have been trying to do research on the proper technics and products to use. I have purchashed a porter cable 7424xp da polisher and all the pads to go with it. I have also purchased a MTM foam cannon for my pressure washer. The Products I am looking at to get (These were suggested to me by a detailing shop near me) are

Chemical Guys Citrus wash and gloss
    Chemical Guys light and Medium duty clay bars
    Jax Wax Swirl Remover
    Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish
    Chemical Guys Jet seal
    Chemical Guys Butter wet wax
    Chemical Guys V07 Detail spray

I was just woundering before I ordered the products any one has had experience with them and if you think I will achieve my goal of the wet deep look and if I would have good protection on my truck for the harsh ohio winter. Is there any tricks to achieve my goals. I am going to put everything on by hand except the swirl remover. Is there a color pad you would suggest for light swirl marks.

Thank you in advance For your time reading and helping me out. I will be setting a side 3 days to complete this process in my garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing ?`s

How do i edit my post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Information