Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

New Collinite 325 Cleaner Wax

Greetings,

I am brand new to Autopia (this my very first posting, literally), and am wondering if anyone has used this new product?

It appears this product can be used on darker colors (unlike ss126).

I`d be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Collinite 325 Cleaner Wax

I`ve used the 870, I really can`t say anthing positive about it, curious to see if anyone has used this as well.
    Thanks canadianmike thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also used 870 on the hood of my truck to clean up some scuffs from a cover and some RIDS. The 870 worked perfectly on a somewhat light color which is called Driftwood.
    This is the first I have heard of 325. It does not even show up on Collinite`s site.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

? The only cleaner/wax I find is their marine line.

Liquid Cleaner Wax
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    ? The only cleaner/wax I find is their marine line.

Liquid Cleaner Wax
    Since the description states "not for dark colored clearcoats", I`d have to assume it`s similar or identical to the Sapphire Cleaner wax in the Automotive line, like 885 and 476.
    I`d still like to try one of the two sometime. Just worried about inducing an extra step to remove the possible swirls or micromarring. Don`t have enough free time to work backward. Out-performing DG501 as an aggressive cleaner wax would be an accomplishment, IMO.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Any time *ANYBODY* makes *ANY* differentiation between light/dark colors I see it as a huge red flag; clearcoat is clearcoat no matter what basecoat color it`s on top of.

canadianmike- Welcome to Autopia! I always sympathize with you Canadians as it seems tough for you to get certain (good) products up there across the border.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post
    Since the description states "not for dark colored clearcoats", I`d have to assume it`s similar or identical to the Sapphire Cleaner wax in the Automotive line, like 885 and 476.
    I`d still like to try one of the two sometime. Just worried about inducing an extra step to remove the possible swirls or micromarring. Don`t have enough free time to work backward. Out-performing DG501 as an aggressive cleaner wax would be an accomplishment, IMO.

Bill
    My first attempt with 870 was by hand and a yellow applicator. I did not really like the outcome as it appeared like micro marring. The latest attempt was with a DA and a Blue Buff and Shine pad. That test turned out perfect with the cover marring removed along with the accumulated RID`s over the years. I then applied 476S. Now some will be all over me for using something that states not for use on clear coat, dark colors etc. but 845,476 etc. states not for black trim,rubber etc.. But some of us use it anyway with no ill effects. I did try this on a 2` x 2` section on the hood where I new I would get maximum Sun exposure at different angles before diving into the hole panel.

Dave
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Any time *ANYBODY* makes *ANY* differentiation between light/dark colors I see it as a huge red flag; clearcoat is clearcoat no matter what basecoat color it`s on top of.

canadianmike- Welcome to Autopia! I always sympathize with you Canadians as it seems tough for you to get certain (good) products up there across the border.
    Accumulator, thank you very, very much for the warm welcome. And yes, it is often difficult to get your hands on some of the good stuff up here. I really enjoy reading about your experiences with Collinite and Finish Kare products (2 of my all time favorite LSPs).
    Likes Dynoguy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

first time i`ve seen this stuff. can`t find it even listed on the collinite website.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autogeek.net/collinite-s...wax-ss126.html

INDEED. New clear coat formula replaces the old.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

The warning about not using it on brand new finishes is pretty scary to me. I love to have a replacement for ZAIO and DG501.

Post Thanks / Like

The product reviews are for the old product 870. I messaged on FB with Collinite yesterday. This is a brand new product. Ignore the reviews on Autogeek. This product is 100% clear coat safe. This is an AIO with Collinite’s carnauba/polymer blend of “wax”. I plan on trying it. What better base for one of their finishing waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

At the risk of seeming cynical, most everybody says that most everything is "clearcoat safe" and I consider the term meaningless for practical purposes. I`d have to do some pretty careful testing before I used it on anything I cared about (and with all the other good AIO-type products I`d never bother with that..) but that`s just me and if anybody does try it I hope it works out OK.

Post Thanks / Like

This is now on Collinite’s site. Nowhere on the Collinite site does it mention not to use on pristine or paint in excellent condition. Autogeek must have added that. I know from talking to Duragloss in the past they have recommended to only use 111 unless your paint was not in pristine condition. I think manufacturers are just covering their rearends. I doubt Collinite would risk their well earned reputation without doing some serious testing before releasing this product. After all, when was the last time they introduced a new product. I am not saying this will be the best AIO, but worth a try in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

RPPM- Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. Heh heh, I`d love for it to put my knee-jerk concerns to rest and prove to be perfectly OK

Wonder if it stains trim...thinking how well 845 works on such surfaces...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information