Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you want to see from Autopia in 2017? Giveaway inside!

I would like to see connect come back.
    Likes JSFM35X, Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would say, how to videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Regional Detailfests throughout the USA. I think there are a lot of novices/weekend warriors who cannot attend the Florida event, BUT if you could makes some thing like this happen, say, at a regional car show or at a professional detail shop, that would be beneficial to all who want a hands-on experience. OR what about contest to allow a lucky Autopian to win a trip to the Florida Detailfest???
    The other is to have someone from PBMG come to technical colleges/trade schools and do seminars on detailing, exposing those interested or training for a career in professional detailing to new products and equipment. Some of this can be underwritten/sponsored by the various car-care manufacturers who make the chemicals and equipment. Why not?! it`s good public relations. (Why do you think Microsoft has an educational price for their software?)

I`d also like to see a little more "administrative policing" of the topics in the Hot Tub. Some will view that as censorship, BUT, I do think some of the topics are "controversial" and need more "guidance" what is acceptable and what is not. It`s nice to have an "open discussion" on a wide variety of topics by like-minded detailing aficionados, BUT those "discussions"(personal opinions) also underscore the deep divisiveness so prominent within this nation. I will say it like this, quoting Abraham Lincoln, "Sometimes it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open one`s mouth and remove all doubt."
    GB detailer
    Likes mjgraniero liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Regional Detailfests throughout the USA.
    There are never detail events in my area, where can get hands-on training/experience. If someone made this happen within a couple hours of my location I`d make the drive.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Post Autopia member review videos on the product pages (Autopia store) will increase community involvement - I for one would love to make a quality video knowing there is a chance my efforts can be used for others to gain feedback from.

2. More active Mods to generate activities and discussions - like others said, an example could be side by side product comparisons

3. Send products to trusted members to review - similar to how cellphones and other gadgets get reviews from peers, Autopia can send items to be reviewed then have the product sent back to Autopia. Maybe new polishers in the future?
    Check out my Youtube Channel!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely reviews for me. Not just from Autopia employees but from forum members as well. Give an incentive like extra points if the review is featured in the autopia facebook page, etc.

I liked when others said to bring back CONNECT.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Multiple detail fests ?!?!?!?!?!

The cost to do such an event is incredible.

As far a local/regional training events, Poorboys world did it when they were in Nyack, I know of at least a few other places that do em across the country.

But to expect Geek to pack up a bunch of stuff and ship it all over is imho not practical.

This is only part of what was needed for one project with 10 people

here are some threads of PB`s detail weekends

PB Detail Weekend Pics

For some reason I can`t find my other detail weekend threads, but they are there. Look for em.

These are very labor intensive and quite costly for the companies to do.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Definitely reviews for me. Not just from Autopia employees but from forum members as well. Give an incentive like extra points if the review is featured in the autopia facebook page, etc.

They do (unless it got taken away)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Similar to what others are saying:

Bring back connect or a similar type of membership
    More reviews of products/ how to`s - something similar to DI Ask a Pro would be a cool idea
    Ensure synergy between AGO/ACC site product offerings

Post Thanks / Like

First-I want Connect back ! Nuf said, I love this place but before Connect your shipping to new York was Pony express seep at best and the pricing w/ freight stunk. Big orders are nice, but when I had connect I ordered what I wanted , when I wanted and got it in an acceptable time.

I would like to see epic posts like Todd used to post. His work was awesome, and we need a resident super professional to show us what is possible with new processes and products.

Because of the Ferrari wet sanding post I actually got the nerve to sand out some paint imperfections that I purchased my car with. Those were impossible to polish out.

I need more :

1. New info

2. Epic posts

3. Side by side demonstrations with detailed comparisons

4. Product write ups and then long term follow up.

Post Thanks / Like

A west coast warehouse. Preferably San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like how to`s. Always looking for ways to do things better or faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

here are some threads of PB`s detail weekends
    Thanks.

It was cool to read through that thread, and view them pics.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mellinial here... and i would wager that there are not too many mellinials present on the forum... at least far less than 30+ year olds.
    I would really like to see more about autopia. Sure, we know what you stand for, your vision, and your great service, but some bios of the team that is working with us, Paul, Ray, etc etc (i know a few are leaving, but i am sure some great mentors and experienced detailers will step up)
    A couple behind the scenes shots for facebook would go a long way for connecting with the younger audience. A lot of times i see from an older generation that they think they know what mellinials are about, several publications now right books or magazines about "mellinials" but what i really see with my generation is a want... and NEED... to connect.
    I dont just want it and want it now.. i want to know the heart and soul that went into my order, or the minds behind the "how to`s" the "reviews" etc

Just a suggestion, I may speak for all autopians here, we all want to learn more, do more, and be better detailers tomorrow than we are today. If i saw a video saying, "this is who i am, a detailer..." that would go a long way for me.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you want to see from Autopia in 2017? Giveaway inside!

I`m just curious, for those that want "more reviews" - who would do these reviews?

I believe PBMG believes in & tests most products they sell - so, I don`t see the retailer giving their own product a bad review.

On the other hand, you could give people more stuff for free to review. The problem is, the criteria of "who wins" - is always 100% random.

So, unless you are lucky enough to have someone who has experience with a wide variety of similar products - reviews by unknown random members are often taken with a grain of salt.

You could give known "pros" free stuff to review. However, I can see a lot of people claiming shilling for free products.

IMHO, the best reviews are done by people who have used a wide variety of products and who have actually paid for the product they are reviewing, or at least paid for several similar products. I don`t known how you could increase those types of reviews...

Remember the fiasco that came from 3D`s "free product for 3 reviews" promotion?

I feel, the only way to get more worthwhile reviews is to get more traffic on the forum...

How do you do that?

Well, when I posted a few pages back to being back Todd Helme - a lot of people may of thought I was being a smart azz.

But in reality, AGO has a ton more traffic - and the have a known guy (Mike P.) who posts exclusively there. You can ask him whatever - and he will respond line 99.5% of the time. But there - and only there.

While this forum has a ton of great members and staff behind it, there is no PRO who exclusively posts here like Todd H., Mike P, Gary Dean, Jason Rose, Kevin Brown, Larry Kosilla, etc...

It just seems after Todd left - nobody was able to fill his shoes with their experience and notoriety.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information