Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Giveaway) How many of you frequent both AGO and Autopia?

I visit both forums a lot and read a lot on both but mainly post here on ACC. I find ACC a lot more friendly, social and open format. AG seems to have more foot traffic on the forum so I do like checking there for good reviews or comparisons tests but I am hesitant to speak up I fell like they are much more gudgie over there about your credentials and if they are not up to snuff you should shut up. I shop almost exclusively on ACC for detail products, I price match once in while but mostly just wait for ACC sales and use connect to get the stuff I want at a good discount. Only things I get else where is Micro fiber towels (RC) because the savings is close to 50 percent. For throw away micro fiber and applicators I use amazon, for the guys at work to use on the rubbish trucks as they are filthy and the guys use them like shop rags so most get 2-3 washes then in trash. Oh and I love the ACC chat box for just random fun chat and banter.
    Likes EzyBrzy, GearHead_1, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

(Giveaway) How many of you frequent both AGO and Autopia?

Started on AGO.

Came over here one day and asked why does this place exist when there is AGO???

Got to know the members on here through their posts and found out I like it better - even though there is less action. It seems like there are more old dogs on here that realize there is more to life than detailing. The OT section here is better.

Anymore, I rarely post on AG.

I bought most of my stuff through AGO before coming over here. I was one of those dudes that went completely nuts for about 2 years and bought anything and everything. Now, I have enough detailing products to last lifetimes. So, I haven`t bought hardly anything in a few years.

I did buy my new Rupes Mk II from AGO because they had a gift certificate promotion; which was how I got a new Mk II FOR $300 out the door delivered + a sample + free gift. That was an offer I couldn`t refuse.

Thanks to the members + Vega for making this a great place.
    Likes trashmanssd, GearHead_1, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been on Autopia since 2003. I do visit both sites and used to purchase from both. Since becoming a Connect Member, I`d be crazy to order anywhere else except Autopia.

Plus, I get to bother Ray with PM`s about my orders.
    Likes trashmanssd, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Visit both, post more at AGO.

Shop both sites for the best deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I research on both forums but Autopia is my home. I did buy a gift certificate on AG to use on some BOGOs or a new polisher that I can`t get discounted. I purchase 95 percent of my supplies here on Autopia. Plus the information is better here and I don`t have to worry about being banned for mentioning Turtle Wax or some other product. Long live Autopia!
    Likes trashmanssd, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Frequent both sites and pick the one with the best deal. Price matching isn`t worth the hassle for me unless there`s an item one store offers that the other doesn`t. Been ordering a lot from both sites lately.
    Likes RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I don`t have to worry about being banned for mentioning Turtle Wax or some other product. Long live Autopia!
    This. Open discussion should be open discussion, not getting edited because you mentioned an Amazon product or something.
    Likes trashmanssd, RaysWay, edb, KBzPTGT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I shop both but have bought more here the last year or so. Joined connect so there will be more here and less AG. Joined here and Detail City in 2008 prior to PBMG ownership and it was a very active for a while and then there was a decline before PBMG came along and now it is a good place to be. Detail Ciry was fun because there were giveaways. Thanks for great service and the giveaway.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver
    Likes GearHead_1, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Im only on autopias forum,i find ag forum not for me.
    I purchase on both stores,but i find myself more concated to autopia,the personal costumer service,always trying {Ray&Paul} to make it the best possible way with no bull.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi my name is gabe and this is my first post. I`ve been on here for some time just reading and taking in all the information that everyone on the board gives freely because of their passion for this career/hobby/addiction. Anyways, I`ve been meaning to post for some time but haven`t. Anyways I thought I would chime in on this one. I only buy from Autopia now. I had purchased from AGO and other sites but now exclusively Autopia. This company and their customer service is by far the best I`ve come across in a long time so therefore I would rather spend my money here. I have a few orders with the company now and Paul has fielded most of my phone calls as I have called on every single one of my orders. I either have changed them, returned them, or was looking for price matching, which all have been done with a "no problem" and then there is that akward silence cause it was too easy. It`s probably to the point where they see my name on the caller id or whoever transfers the call and says it`s Gabe from New Englad again. Why go anywhere else when if you find a better "deal" they will match it anyways. I can`t say enough about the customer service that company provides along with people like Paul and Amanda. I will only shop here no matter the price.

Post Thanks / Like

I browse both forums but post more on here. I bought some mystery boxes from AG but a vast majority of my orders are through ACC

Post Thanks / Like

I hardly ever shop here or at AGO. I only come here to have some fun because you can pretty much say what`s on your mind, whereas at AGO everyone walks around all puckered-up because everyone`s afraid of getting banned. Um, mainly order from Chemical Guys because I love their promotional campaign-- can you say "Classy" um hello! And, oh yeah, that Larry guy, um at Ammo. What a steal! Any site that sells a $2 ordinary kitchen spung for $10 is full of fantastic deals. I could order there all day, `cept I can`t. After, like, two products in my basket, my credit card would be over the limit. Can you smell the sarcasm Larry? So don`t get mad.
    No, really, I lied. I basically live here. If you saw how many times per day that I check the forum, you would say "Geese, and I thought I checked too much!" I prefer the forum here, although I wish there was more action/talk here. AGO has a lot of talk there, but somehow I`m just not as interested. I think it`s because of all of the restrictions on hat you can or cannot post. Also, I check both sites for sales or discounts. Whoever sparks my eye the most usually wins.
    Likes donbeezy, GearHead_1, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I look around on AG`s site and have made quite a few orders since 2009. As others have stated Autopia is a friendlier and more diverse site. Looking at my previous orders I see they started in 2007 from Autopia. I have found myself on Autopia more often in the last year or so now with ordering mostly on this site also. I do not know the answer but the people on this site are very easy to get along with and advice is more concise.

Dave
    Likes GearHead_1, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I visit both Forums, but post more on Autopia due to the more open nature of the communication

Since I purchased my Connect Membership, I have ordered only thru Autopia and always shop around for the best price matching

Being in California, the Free Expedited Shipping is a huge bonus and has significantly increase my total purchasing
    https://m.facebook.com/detailedbykyle?_rdr

Post Thanks / Like

I visit both forums and also shop both.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information