Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 9 Weeks to Win! (Week 9)

Detailing satisfies my OCD tendencies and I like having a clean car. With rinseless and waterless washing I can clean my car pretty much any time of day in about an hour. This might be too much info, but I also love that silky smooth feeling of freshly waxed paint.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lotsa satisfaction in transforming a car into something beautiful , then to see the owner of the car almost in tears b/c they can not believe its the same car . Never gets old hearing " I don`t have to find shade to hide the jacked up paint any more " ...... Money is nice too ....

Post Thanks / Like

Satisfaction
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Protecting the investment and therapy.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

The end result.

Post Thanks / Like

I love detailing because. ..
    It relaxes me and I enjoy pulling a car in the garage looking abused and pulling it out hours or days later looking like it`s been painted.
    Likes GearHead_1, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It is a culmination of relaxation, extra income, the response of a customer on cleanliness of interior, or the paint looks better than new.

I love trying new products and seeking the "best"

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

​I just want my vehicles to look their best and last as long as possible. It also gets me out of the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Less than two years ago. Christmas morning I received the most insane gift ever, 2014 Nissan Altima my 1st car. Detailed by my dad. He also told me about the PBMG online store. Even though I never washed a car before in my life, my thought was yes! yes! yes! sure I will take care of it. So you can say the passion of detailing started or at least now a big part of it is the emotional connection I have with my car. And now as this has evolved into a business, I realized I have on some level developed similar connections with the customers cars.

2nd and 3rd respectively those moments when the customer goes "omg, that`s my car!" or similar wow phrases. Also for added income and career flexibility.
    Likes Ronkh, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For me, detailing brings happiness and satisfaction.

I get the satisfaction of doing the work myself and I know the end result was from hours and hours of hard work that I can be proud of.

When I finish working on someone else`s car they have always been `wow`ed at the results and it leaves me with so much joy to see their appreciation.

Post Thanks / Like

I get a great feeling when I see the look on a customer`s face when they see there car after I am done with it. It is that look that makes me come back to do another car

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing fulfills my ocd tendencies, my need to experiment with new products, and pride in having a sharp looking vehicle. And it`s way, way, way cheaper than owning a boat! I`m giggling.

Post Thanks / Like

All you have to do is post and tell us why you love detailing. Is it for the satisfaction of a clean vehicle? To Protect the investment in your vehicle(s)? The money? Or something else entirely?
    What do I love about detailing? There are a lot of reasons, many of us probably have similar reasons, but I can break it down into three major reasons. Hope ya`ll don`t get on me for being a little bit philosophical here, lol, bear with me here, I`m gonna write my heart into this a bit, and sorry if I sound like I`m dragging on or being cheesy.

The three explanations are in relation to what I believe are three major parts of anyone`s life, which are involving the Mind, Body, and Soul.

The most observable relation, being with the Body. I honestly love how detailing gets you quite a workout, maybe not an intense one, but a physically demanding one. Who here has ever broken a sweat while working the DA in a closed garage late at night, trying to get those last few passes in before your arms start to gas out to put down the polisher? I think we`ve all been there, especially during those summer days where the heat in the garage begins to increase, and you start sweating it out.
    Anyone gotten down on your knees, or squated to work on degreasing someones tires or rims to the point of perfection, rubbing the brushes in and out of the spokes and rubber? Ever done that in the sun, lol. Don`t even get me started on the awkward positions you get into while working on vacuuming the interior trying to get every nook and cranny clean. With that, I love detailing for the activity it gives to your body.

Now another aspect of detailing, is on that AGO and Autopia are ALL about. Use of the mind. Anyone can be a hack and take any random polish or compound, random tools, and do a half baked job on a car. But what separates the great from the average? It`s the methodical planning and preparation we do for our craft, whether it be professional, enthusiast, or hobbyist. The endless research on what compound, polish, or wax to get. The improving technological advances in compounds and polishes using SMAT, DAT, AAT; LSPs now consist of Waxes, sealants, and coatings; Polishing tools having forced rotation DAs, regular DAs, large throws, and rotarys. Don`t even get me started on how many brushes I`ve tried, to find the best one for brushing my carpet or tires, lol. Honestly, I`ve spent enough reading, researching, and testing on here to write a thesis lol, and I for damn sure am not the only one here that has spent late nights reading random articles about detailing, or contributing to the forums. All of this for the sake of detailing. Keep your mind active, don`t be afraid to try something new, improve your skills and all. With that, I love detailing for working the mind into becoming a better detailer.

Last but not least, detailing in relation to your soul. Let`s face it, detailing isn`t just a job, it`s a passion. I`m pretty sure we all came here with a simple question of "How do I properly clean my car?", and the entire thing snowballed into this. Two years ago, I didn`t picture myself being so into auto detailing as I am now. I`ll keep this explanation simple, I love detailing for what it does to my soul, how it inspires me to do better, and how it gives me a tangible goal to feel satisfaction from.

Here I leave with some cliche quotes.

For the professional detailer, I hope this quote applies to you.

As for myself. One thing is for certain, detailing is in a way my therapy.

Think about this. You go through your life thinking about work, money, your kids, family, all that stuff that brings you stress from being uncertain about the unknown.
    Day in and day out you do that, but when you`re working on your car, polishing, waxing, or whatever you`re focused on, ask yourself, what are you thinking of?

The answer? Nothing. Nothing is stressing you in a figurative sense. It is you, the paint, and the task at hand. In the minutes or seconds of that, you are zoned out of that stress, your thoughts are clear, and in that moment of time, you find a sense of tranquility, clarity, zen, or whatever you want to call it. (You know what I`m talking about). Those moments of clarity from the outside world, that is why I love auto detailing.

Here`s a quote that applies to that.

On a bad note, life comes crashing back after the DA turns off, lol, back to reality, but hey, gotta live for moments like that at times, my kind of therapy.

If you read through all of this, I hope you enjoyed my cliche writing. Thank you AGO and Autopia for somewhat changing my life by giving me another way to destress and express myself here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9 Weeks to Win! (Week 9)-3e05b0376ac8e04685a823a5aadb5386.jpg   9 Weeks to Win! (Week 9)-avooz4o_700b.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have stated it satisfies my OCD tendencies. I have always noticed other`s vehicle`s condition but since I found this site my knowledge has greatly expanded. There is something almost zen-like about detailing a vehicle and the feeling of the finished product is so rewarding. I love taking a family member`s ride and totally turning it around. The look on their face is payment enough when they get to see it after I am through. I also love to experiment with various products and techniques.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Satisfaction
    Dude, you need to talk to the Rolling Stones

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information