Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning and coating tires (Tac System tire coat)

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Yeah happy so far. Reading most top off every 2 months. Will be happy if I get to 2. Do you use a coating and if so what type and how often do you re apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve used both Tuf Shine, the original Detailers Pro before it migrated into Mckee’s and Mckee’s new formula.

Here’s my assessment of these three.

Tuf Shine is good. It looks good in that it looks similar to what tac looks like in your tire. The downside for me is that it loses its look fairly quickly and it’s durability is ok for a coating. It needs frequent top off for it to look good. Like every 2-3 months.

Detailers Pro (original Mckee’s formula) is very similar to Tuf Shine. Similar overall look and performance.

Mckee’s new formula. This is by far my favorite one of these three. Has slightly better gloss than the previous version and longer durability. On my daily driver I was able to get 11 months out of it before I decided to reapply it. It was still visible on the tire but had a matte finish. I reach for this one first over the other two I have.

I have also tried the turtle wax Endura Shine and it seems to lose its performance at 3 months. I don’t use it anymore as it also tended to leave a purple hue on some tires.

I have Gyeon Q2 tire but it’s not much of a coating. It will last a little lounger than a typical water based tire dressing. Same goes for Perl.

I just ordered this tac tire coat last night to give it a try.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning and coating tires (Tac System tire coat)

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I’ve used both Tuf Shine, the original Detailers Pro before it migrated into Mckee’s and Mckee’s new formula.

Here’s my assessment of these three.

Tuf Shine is good. It looks good in that it looks similar to what tac looks like in your tire. The downside for me is that it loses its look fairly quickly and it’s durability is ok for a coating. It needs frequent top off for it to look good. Like every 2-3 months.

Detailers Pro (original Mckee’s formula) is very similar to Tuf Shine. Similar overall look and performance.

Mckee’s new formula. This is by far my favorite one of these three. Has slightly better gloss than the previous version and longer durability. On my daily driver I was able to get 11 months out of it before I decided to reapply it. It was still visible on the tire but had a matte finish. I reach for this one first over the other two I have.

I have also tried the turtle wax Endura Shine and it seems to lose its performance at 3 months. I don’t use it anymore as it also tended to leave a purple hue on some tires.

I have Gyeon Q2 tire but it’s not much of a coating. It will last a little lounger than a typical water based tire dressing. Same goes for Perl.

I just ordered this tac tire coat last night to give it a try.
    Yeah I like the price. Hoping durability is a good while. I actually enjoy cleaning rims (since I speed master creeper) more than cleaning the paint. Just like coatings for ease as if I wanna skip I can wipe down anywhere. Might order some McKee’s to try. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information