Post Thanks / Like

SONAX SPRAY AND SEAL. How to.

https://youtu.be/dS6AJfmFSp4

Not talked about much. Video provided by Detailers Domain.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Thanks Oneheadlite, Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX SPRAY AND SEAL. How to.

Is that the recommended amount of product? Looks like you would use at least 1 bottle going that heavy. What was that like 3-4 sprays just on the outside mirror ?

I’m sure others think the same if they ever used any of the existing ones

I like the idea it’s standard pricing. Don’t know if it looks or feels better than the others out there or not. I’m sure it lasts about the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Damn that’s a lot of product. I wouldn’t use the stuff unless it came in a 55 gallon drum and for cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget the product - that is a great car. I agree with Matt - I`m sure it is a great product (never used), but so are a lot of the other spray and rinse (Hydro Blue for example)

Post Thanks / Like

Think the amount of product used is for video purpose. It`s more about getting a cool video than show the proper application. Just my thoughts though.
    They have a Wash and Seal car soap that is in synergy of the Spray and Seal coming to you soon. It`s been released in the EU for some time now. I have not tested this out. But what from what I have seen here they are satisfied with them. It`s alot like the others spray on and rinse off products. And have not been reading anyone that has had any problems with it both in application or longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good product, like almost everything Sonax makes. I have a Mercedes and use Sonax along with P21S Paintwork Cleanser as they are as German as the car. The Sonax Brilliant Shine is a great detailer too. You don`t need a lot of the spray and seal. I used two or three sprays on each panel and it beaded up nicely on the rinse off.

Of course, I have to admit I made a big mistake at first. I watched videos and read the instructions but for some reason I had a mental block after washing my car. I used the spray and seal like you would a drying aid. While the rinse water was still on the car I applied spray and seal and instead of rinsing it off right away I rubbed it into the car while drying it. Huge mistake! There were streaks everywhere and I swore I would never apply this product on my car again. It certainly was not as good as the other Sonax products I have used.

Then the next day it popped into my head that I did this all wrong. I washed the car again and this time was more careful. I applied spray and seal onto the freshly washed paint and rinsed it off, removing it before drying not while drying. That made all the difference in the world and the shine was excellent with no streaks. It has been a month and still doing quite well. Just follow the instructions to the letter and you won`t go wrong with spray and seal. One bottle will last you three applications on a normal size sedan although I suppose the more product you spray the better chance of full coverage.

Thread Information