The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please post technical questions directly to the forum rather than sending me a private (forum) mail as I seem to be getting more and more questions being asked by individuals via PMs.

Autopia.org probably has the greatest number of comprehensive detailing articles of any other detailing forum; but what astonishes me is the amount of PM’s I still get even when most questions are already answered (some in great detail) in existing articles or posts . Although they cannot answer every question they will provide a really good starting point for you to do further research and by doing this you will discover things you never even thought of

Asking individual questions, without doing some research reading here first, actually defeats the object of having the forum. If there is something that is not covered or something is not clear, asking the question on the forum may help others and you’ll receive a faster response. As well as other detailers input that may have different insights and your question could help someone else.
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon, you said it all.

It is not that those who have long time experience in the detail world don`t wish to aid others in their quest for factual and professional replies, it is just that the novice fails to provide complete and factual information, be it pictures, and an

accurate description of the concern, the year and model of the vehicle in question, etc.

They should consider what is required should they do a visit to other professionals, such as their doctor or attorney.

When that takes place, both as well as an accountant, etc (professional`s) require detailed information of what their issue may be that which they are in need of advice regarding.

Autopia is not an Autogeek or other such who have a main agenda of selling their products to those who visit and ask questions.

This forum is above all that marketing/sales of such.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Thread Information