The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Repairs fine scratches, restoring painted surfaces close to their original state anywhere from one day to one week. Nissan paints by using a special highly elastic resin that has been combined with a conventional clear coat to increase the paint`s flexibility. This has also increased its strength by raising the resin density. Contains a self-healing, heat-activated, resin-compound that expands to fill fine scratches.

The paint does not self-repair if scratches are deep enough to sever the bonds within the clear coat or if the clear coat has been peeled off. The amount of time required for self-repair depends on the surrounding temperature and the depth of the scratch. In some cases, restoration may take up to one week.

Be cognizant that any friction heat generated from polishing will cause the elastic resin coating to swell, which will temporarily fill the defects, but when it cools down, the damage will reappear

Correction - this type of paint heats up very quickly causing the polish surface lubrication to dry out, which causes an increase in surface resistance, the pad feels like its dragging and can skip, as the polish abrasives stick to the paint.

Using a random orbital polisher and Optimum Polymer Technologies - polishing and cutting pads, their low profile, reticulated, open-cell foam interface backing to disperse heat and Menzerna PF 2500 - Power Finish Initial speed #2 to spread and evenly distribute polish on the pad, speed 4-5 using medium- heavy pressure followed by SF 4000 – Super Finish Polish speed #3 using medium- light pressure and/or add surface lubrication (Gloss- it Pad Prime)
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Every time I get a scratch on my car and I pay much for it and even after paying more I didn’t get satisfy with result. Now I would like to prefer to use this shield paint. I think this will give a satisfactory result.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Nissan) Scratch Shield Paint

Are the suggested.polishing methods from.your own experience or can you refer me to the ajrhor

I may have a 2009 GT-R after Christmas for a compound and polish

I have heard that the older the Self Healing CC is, the more it acts like normal CC

Thread Information