Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys
    I was surprised to see 3D Fallout Remover at the local store, would this help with rust spots since it contains oxalic acid?

Oxalic acid`s main applications include cleaning or bleaching, especially for the removal of rust, e.g. Bar Keepers Friend is an example of a household cleaner containing oxalic acid. Be cognizant that Oxalic acid can damage the paints resin (binder) system in the long term and may also soften paint

Be cognizant that a chemical may be aggressive but its strength may be diluted with a solvent or a chemical buffer; its aggressiveness is also dependent upon the percentage of that chemical as part of the products formulation

“Detailing Chemicals Identification” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ification.html
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    OK, and I knew that it wasn`t your favorite product Did work incredibly well for me on a few trashed beater cars though.

Put a fine point on this one if you don`t mind- Is "A" safe to use, by itself, as a "super shampoo" for heavy-duty cleaning and existing-product stripping?

Yeah, I`ve shampooed the Beaucerons with my Griot`s Car Wash, no problems. Good "shampoos" are nice and mild whatever you`re using `em on.

Oh, and I hope that discount is getting AI/VG some business. It`d be nice if their retail end got more widely known.

Oh#3, Beth really is great at the customer interaction thing, right person for that job all right!

Oh#2, that somewhat pricey interior brush you suggested I buy really *is* nice!

So you like the Velour Spotting brush? I figured you would, it`s great for lots of surfaces, but fabric`s especially and close grained vinyl.

Like I said, I have one that I have had since the early 90`s and when I retired, appropriated another one from the Tech Center.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron Ketcham- Ah, glad to hear that Velour Spotting Brush lasts so long! Yeah, I like it just as you said I would

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information