Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [I have great hopes that the world may become a better, more peaceful, more equitable place in the twenty-first century. From my own experience, at 16 I lost my freedom, at 24 I lost my country and for the last more than 50 years have faced all sorts of problems, but I have never given up hope. We have a Tibetan saying, ‘Nine times fall down, Nine times pick yourself up`.] - Dalai Lama
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    [Peace and religious harmony come about through taking action, not necessarily through making prayers and good wishes. In order to carry action out, enthusiasm is very important, and enthusiasm comes from being clear about our goal and the possibility of our fulfilling it. Here, we need educate young people about our ultimate goal, peace in the world, and how to fulfil it by cultivating inner peace within themselves]-Dalai Lama
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    [Modern education is premised strongly on materialistic values. It is vital that when educating our children’s brains that we do not neglect to educate their hearts, a key element of which has to be the nurturing of our compassionate nature] - Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [Although we are all the same in not wanting problems and wanting a peaceful life, we tend to create a lot of problems for ourselves. Encountering those problems, anger develops and overwhelms our mind, which leads to violence. A good way to counter this and to work for a more peaceful world is to develop concern for others. Then our anger, jealousy and other destructive emotions will naturally weaken and diminish] - Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [There are no easy answers` but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right] - Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like
    [Along with love, compassion is the face of altruism. It is a feeling from deep in the heart that you cannot bear others’ suffering without acting to relieve it. As compassion grows stronger, so does your willingness to commit yourself to the welfare of all beings, even if you have to do it alone. You will be unbiased in your service to all beings, no matter how they respond to you] - Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [I believe the ultimate source of blessings is within us. A good motivation and honesty bring self-confidence, which attracts the trust and respect of others. Therefore the real source of blessings is in our own mind] -Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [Hardship, in forcing us to exercise greater patience and forbearance in daily life, actually makes us stronger and more robust. From the daily experience of hardship comes a greater capacity to accept difficulties without losing our sense of inner calm. Of course, I do not advocate seeking out hardship as a way of life, but merely wish to suggest that, if you relate to it constructively, it can bring greater inner strength and fortitude] - Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat] - Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like
    [Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts] – Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like
    Όταν καταφ`ρουμε σε συλλογικό επίπεδο συνεργαστούμε θα `χουμε τα καλύτερα αποτελ`σματα σε όλα τα επίπεδα αλλά και την ίδια μας την ζωή ..Την καλησπ`ρα μου από την Ελλάδα..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eco cleancar.gr
    Όταν καταφ`ρουμε σε συλλογικό επίπεδο συνεργαστούμε θα `χουμε τα καλύτερα αποτελ`σματα σε όλα τα επίπεδα αλλά και την ίδια μας την ζωή ..Την καλησπ`ρα μου από την Ελλάδα..

When we collectively work together to have the best results at all levels but also our own lives .. On my good evening from Greece ..

Post Thanks / Like
    [The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people] – Franklin D. Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like
    [Education is the proper way to promote compassion and tolerance in society. Compassion and peace of mind bring a sense of confidence that reduce stress and anxiety, whereas anger and hatred come from frustration and undermine our sense of trust. Because of ignorance, many of our problems are our own creation. Education, however, is the instrument that increases our ability to employ our own intelligence] -Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action] - Confucius

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information