Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always listen to those with more experience on a given topic; you might just learn something new
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    [The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will] - Vince Lombardi
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    [I`m a firm believer that in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don`t enjoy] - Jack Nicklaus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    [... It is difficult to excel at something you don`t enjoy] - Jack Nicklaus

Difficult perhaps, but certainly not impossible.

E.g., me and my detailing, and a host of other tasks I have to do myself if I want `em done right.

Post Thanks / Like
    [Our world and our lives have become increasingly interdependent, so when our neighbour is harmed, it affects us too. Therefore we have to abandon outdated notions of “them” and “us” and think of our world much more in terms of a great “US”, a greater human family] - Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [There is no such thing as a stupid question, only the question left unasked] Anon

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    [Kindness and a good heart are the foundation for success in this life, progress on the spiritual path, and the fulfillment of our aspirations. Our need for them is not limited to any specific time, place, society, or culture] Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners] - Joe Gibbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Dalai Lama

I would like to thank everyone who attended celebrations of my birthday. At the same time I would like to express my deep appreciation of the many friends and well-wishers who, remembering that it was my birthday, sent their warm greetings; among them many friends in the People`s Republic of China.

I am also aware that my fellow countrymen and women in Tibet would have remembered me on this day, although they would have been unable to participate in celebrations due of circumstances beyond their control. I would like to thank all of them too, while expressing my own admiration of their indomitable Tibetan spirit, their courage and determination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thought! Everybody should take care of his/her health and to maintain health your living place should also neat and clean. For example; carpets of your home should be clean if you want to keep your health fit. Carpets catch lot of dust and dirt from air and odor from pet and kids urine which becomes cause of allergies. Chemdry Express Dublin gives best cleaning services i.e. Drier+Healthier+Safer. Carpet Cleaning Dublin | Rug and Upholstery Cleaning Services - Chem-Dry Express

Post Thanks / Like
    [Like anyone else, I too have the potential for violence; I too have anger in me. However, I try to recall that anger is a destructive emotion. I remind myself that scientists now say that anger is bad for our health; it eats into our immune system. So, anger destroys our peace of mind and our physical health. We shouldn’t welcome it or think of it as natural or as a friend...] Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [Life is never boring but some people choose to be bored. The concept of boredom entails an inability to use up present moments in a personally fulfilling way. Boredom is a choice; something you visit upon yourself, and it is another of those self-defeating items that you can eliminate from your life] - Wayne W. Dyer

Post Thanks / Like
    [As human beings we are all the same. We have this marvelous intelligence, which sometimes creates problems for us, but when influenced by warm-heartedness can be very constructive. In this context we need to appreciate the value of having moral principles] - Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, there you are No posts on this thread during the time I was out of town/offline!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information