Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon provides excellent and should be taken to heart, quotes from people in history who are revered for their thoughts and idea`s of life and living it.

Me, being a simple old fart have an observation from my life.

"Sometimes my luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetary, people would quit dying!"

Ever have one of those days, Bunky?

Get up, clean up, suit up and go out and do what you knew all along was what it would take to get things done.

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham
    Jon provides ...

Yes, indeed!

I suspect that TOGWT and I might subscribe to somewhat different personal philosophies, but the, uhm... food for thought is always appreciated even if it`s not necessarily to my taste.

And that one from Hedges is very good :xyxthumbs

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [People often say that motivation doesn`t last. Well, neither does bathing - that`s why we recommend it daily] - Zig Ziglar
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    [The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one] - Elbert Hubbard
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    [He, who every morning plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life]- Victor Hugo

Post Thanks / Like
    [To guarantee success, act as if it were impossible to fail] - Dorothea Brande

Post Thanks / Like
    [It was Einstein who observed that a problem cannot be solved using the same energy that created it. Yet we continue to try to end violence with violence, killing with killing, injustice with injustice. We meet hatred with hatred, anger with anger, contempt with contempt.

Somewhere the cycle must end. It is not about “...an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth,†it is about another scripture altogether: “Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.â€

Or, perhaps, an even newer Gospel: “We are all One. Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way]
    - Neale Donald Walsch

Post Thanks / Like
    [I never thought of losing, but now that it` s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That`s my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life] - Muhammad Ali

Post Thanks / Like
    [Everyone is gifted. But most people never open their package] - Unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    [Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort] - Paul J. Meyer

Post Thanks / Like
    [Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn] - Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like
    [Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, `It might have been.`] - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like
    [Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile] - Gary Ryan Blair

Post Thanks / Like
    [Some people consider the practice of love and compassion is only related to religious practice and if they are not interested in religion they neglect these inner values. But love and compassion are qualities that human beings require just to live together] - Dalai Lama

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information