The Importance of Good Editing

With their manuscripts completed, many authors are overwhelmed with the abundance of options available for perfecting, publishing, and marketing their work. At that point, one thing a writer doesn’t want to overlook is good editing. After months of researching and crafting a piece, you don’t want your readers preoccupied with errors and inconsistencies.

Few readers purchase a book without first reading a few pages. A good cover and a catchy title will grab their attention, but clear, error-free writing will close the sale. Silly mistakes lead the reader to believe that you’re an amateur writer or that your story isn’t well developed. And ultimately, your book will be placed back on the shelf.

Article marketing

Has definitely become one of the best things out there when it comes to promoting websites and businesses today, you will find that many individuals are turning to this form of marketing in order to promote their business. Article marketing is one of the most popular tools which people use today to gain more and more traffic to their websites.

Over the last few years article marketing has evolved to such an extent that every website owner has been using it, as the whole process is easy and quick. It`s a unique tool as the article marketing automation software submits articles you write in numerous blogs and websites at the same time. You just need to keep a track of the number of websites in which your articles are being submitted. If the article marketing automation tool would not have been there, you would have had to write articles for hundreds of article directories, but with this automation tool, you need to make a list of websites in which you want to submit your article and you are done.

Title

Do you know how important that title is? You see, if you come up with a title that is not interesting, then you will not be getting many readers. However, if you come up with a title that is interesting, then you will have many wanting to read your articles. You should also make sure that the article delivers what the title promises. You will also need to make sure that your title includes good keywords that relate to your topic, as this will make it easier for people to find them in the search engines and as a result drive more traffic to them.

Text Layout

Break up large paragraphs into smaller more reader friendly paragraphs (use lots of ‘white’ space), readers are turned off by a solid piece of text, but they will read short paragraphs. Ensure spelling and grammar is checked / corrected

Internet and ezines

If you are writing for the Internet and ezines, then you should keep it short, sweet and simple. The article should be brief and to the point.. Be precise and be concise - those are the two basic rules you need to follow. Instead of talking away from the reader, you should talk to the reader (like we are doing to you right now). The article should not contain any fluff. You need to make sure it is meaningful to those individuals that read it.

Think about who you are aiming your article at. If you have a desire to target business type people, then you need to write in a style that is appropriate. Always make sure that you write your article in a way and with content that suits you’re demographic.

Article directories

There are many article directories out there and we believe you should take advantage of them. You can get a head start by submitting your articles to those popular directories (directories include ezine articles, article dashboard, go articles, buzzle and article alley). We believe those are five great places to start submitting your content to.

In order to syndicate your articles, you should place them in RSS feeds. There is no denying that RSS is the next big thing on the Internet. Microsoft`s RSS Powered Longhorn, XML Site Maps, Google Blog Search, etc.

Niche Articles

On top of everything else, you also need to make sure that you write numerous articles in the same niche. You should also keep the same name on the articles you write, as this will help to build up a good reputation on the Internet, which will be great for your business. Follow these article marketing tips and strategies and you will be well on the way to success.

This is how I go about writing an article

1. Select a topic

2. Create a Title for the Article, an effective article title will get a reader`s interest and entice them to read your article.

3. Begin Writing - now that you have the topic, title, foundation and structure of your article, you can begin writing. Start on the body of the article first.

4. Write the introduction of the article.

5. Once you have written the entire body of the article, it will be easy to write the introduction. Remember, a basic article starts out with telling the reader what you are going to tell them, then tell them, then tell them what you just told them. After you have written the article, it should be easy to tell them what you’ve just written about.

6. Don’t forget to keep your article into nice small paragraphs so that people don’t get put off by long pieces of text

7. Write the conclusion of your article; this should be easy because you are re-capping what you just wrote about.

8. Cite any references or information resources used

9. Proof read your article

10. Once you have written it, check out the ‘mechanics’ - look it over for grammar, spelling, flow, etc. As a professional writer you need to ensure it speaks to the level of the readership; without becoming obtuse in scientific explanation or terminology and phrase things that are understandable and have a practical application. Never forgetting there is a fine line between divulging knowledge and insulting the reader’s intelligence.

11. Don’t forget that all important spell checker once your article is finished

12. Double check for factual accuracy; if you can, get someone else to read your article

13. Step away from the article; don`t look at your article for at least 1 day.

14. Re-read your article and proofread again

15. You`ll be amazed at the way your article reads to you when you look at your article again after some time off.

16. Make the appropriate changes and then you are ready to finish it.

Some questions I’m often asked;

“How much time do you put in to your articles?”

The answer is dependent upon the subject matter and how much research is involved. I would estimate that a ‘simple’ article would take 2-3 days, whereas some can take weeks for research alone

“What are the mechanics of writing?”

Critically review grammar, spelling, punctuation, No overly long sentences, Separate paragraphs, ‘White space’ do not cram sentences or paragraphs together. I know, I know, it`s all of our least favourite aspects of writing, but to succeed as a writer, your writing mechanics must meet or exceed industry standards.

“Why do you take the time to write these articles”? It is definitely not to bolster my ego, nor for fame and fortune, it is just my intent to educate, based on five plus decades of experience; passing on to my readers not just a How it works, but also a “Why” it works, as well as an explanation of the scientific terminology and chemicals involved with detailing products.

I try to write in a way that helps the reader to understand not only "How" to do something, but "Why" they are doing it, along with the technical, scientific facts along with any relevant chemical information, but if you’ve read any of my forum posts / threads you`ll already understand just what I mean

I`ve always believed in empowering my reader’s with facts based on knowledge, experience and scientific facts as opposed to marketing hype and letting them make their own logical decisions. Because I’m passionate about what I do and care about making sure detailing is a safe, fun and rewarding experience for the enthusiast and professional detailer

Why share knowledge? I take time out of my day to contribute to these forums to educate and pass on five decades of experience to its members in not only the “How it works’ but “Why it works” and in turn be educated by them. Because I’m passionate about I do and care about making sure detailing is a fun and rewarding experience for the enthusiast. Having been involved in detailing some of the world’s finest classic and high-end exotic and luxury automobiles for five and a half decades TOGWT is the first place both Professional and Enthusiast detailer’s look to for an uncompromising level of unbiased technical and scientific knowledge. Working closely with the industry’s leading-edge product manufacturers from around the world means the best technology and product advice is available to enable you to care for your automobile.

When I first started writing professionally30 plus years ago I was told never to assume the reader has knowledge or an intimate understanding of the subject your writing about; and to always remember there is a fine line between divulging knowledge and insulting their intelligence. Once I started writing these in-depth articles I realized that it would be very detailed (no pun intended) because of my penchant to include not just “How it works, but also “Why” it works, as well as an explanation of the scientific terminology. With that in mind I probably respond with more detail than some think is necessary. But try to write in a way that helps the reader to understand not only "How" to do something, but "Why" they are doing it. I then considered how I could simplify things; however the only way to accomplish this would be to omit necessary information and that didn’t feel right to me

Anyone who has tried to write a paper knows that it often goes much slower than one would like, especially if one is trying to do a thorough job, the process cannot be rushed. I don’t write these articles as a thesis so I don’t spend a lot of time cataloguing and documenting were I source information, I do however cite reference books or articles and have supplied references for further information / research.

The proper way to find out what works and what doesn`t is to read the label or relevant MSDS and find out what it contains; a combination of knowledge and experience of using the product will guide you the rest of the way. If a product is not working for you, experiment until you find one that’s suitable for your needs.

Purchase the product that is to be the subject of the article, read the manufacturers application instructions and then obtain and read the MSDS sheet to ascertain the chemicals used, although it should be said that an MSDS is a document that contains details of the hazards associated with a particular chemical and provides information regarding its safe use. The MSDS is required to state the chemical`s risks, safety and impact on the environment.

They are not actual formulations but are primarily used for the safe handling, shipping, storage and disposal of chemicals and usually only list chemical families, not the actual chemical. How to Read a Material Safety Data Sheet | CMHC When it comes to product marketing and technical specifications, it is also important to realize that all companies must keep secure their proprietary information and agreements. Without this, no business would have the incentive to develop new products, expand their market, stay competitive, and ultimately - exist.

Free advertising for your website

Here are the steps to take to get free advertising for your website without doing anything but write. Not one single page on your site need be optimized for any keyword if you use article marketing as an advertising technique, only the articles that you write.

1. Do some keyword research and find the most used keywords for your niche. Also find those that have the least supply - that is those keywords and phrases that are used the least by your competitors.

2. Use both kinds, irrespective of the supply of the first, or the demand of the second, as titles and topics for your articles. Then write an article based on the best keyword you have found.

3. Use the keyword in the title, first 100 characters and also again in the first paragraph (which should be of about 50 - 70 words). Use it in the last paragraph and once again for each 300 words in your article.

4. Provide information in your article, and write so that anybody reading it will want to find out more about what you are writing about. After all, this is going to make you money without you having to pay anything out. It`s free advertising.

5. Provide a link at the end of your article, or in the `Author`s Resource Box` if one is provided, that leads back to a page on your website directly relating to the topic of your article. Mine here will lead you to a page explaining how to write articles, market them properly and make money from them whether you have a website or not.

Most people have no idea what article marketing can do for them, and article services websites can help you to achieve your goals by providing articles for you if you cannot write them effectively yourself.