Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PRE-ORDER Your stand alone Rupes Mini and Duetto polishers TODAY!!!

Rupes S.p.A. has announced that the Rupes LHR 75 Mini Random Orbital Polisher and the Rupes LHR 12 E Duetto Random Orbital Polisher will be offered by themselves! Proof that Rupes listens to customers!!!

Rupes LHR75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher

When those tight and intricate areas need the power of Big Foot!

• 12mm stroke random orbital polisher for serious paint correction
    • Comfortable and easy-to-hold design for maximum efficiency
    • For use with 4-inch Rupes polishing pads

The Rupes LHR 75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher is a laser-guided, defect-seeking missile designed to target, then eliminate, paint defects with precision. This large-stroke mini polisher makes the once-tedious job of spot repair and intricate polishing a pleasure. Like all “Big Foot” Polishers, the Rupes LHR 75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher retains the benefits of traditional DA polishers while offering a tremendous increase in polishing power.

For more information, or to pre-order click here

Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Random Orbital Polisher

Don`t just polish away paint defects, stomp them out with the power of Big Foot

• 12mm stroke random orbital polisher for serious paint correction
    • Comfortable and easy-to-hold design for maximum efficiency
    • For use with Rupes 6-inch foam and microfiber pads

The Rupes LHR 12E Duetto “Big Foot” Random Orbital Polisher, a large-stroke dual-action orbital polisher masked in a traditional body. This amazing polisher is immediately familiar to anybody who has used other brands of random orbital polishers, but it`s power and smooth operation is not. Armed with a 12mm stroke, the Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Random Orbital Polisher reduces polishing time considerably and remains nearly vibration free for hours on end.

For more information, or to pre-order click here!

Be one of the first to get your hands on the latest polisher from Rupes! Pre-orders are expected to ship towards the end of December.

Don`t wanna wait?! Both polishers are available in kit forum that include polishes, pads and a storage bag. In the case of the Duetto you also get a series of sanding discs to take care of the Duetto`s amazing dual-action (sanding/polishing) ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PRE-ORDER Your stand alone Rupes Mini and Duetto polishers TODAY!!!

Excellent news Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutopiaTech View Post
    Excellent news Todd.
    Raise your hand if you want to see me review one of these?! (PLEASE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Raise your hand if you want to see me review one of these?! (PLEASE!!!)
    Yep lets see it.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

It would be great to see you review the Duetto Todd!! It would also be interesting to hear your thoughts on a comparison with the Rupes 15 since it is only $30 more--basically why would someone want one or the other.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Autopia I ordered mine today! BTW Please review Todd! As you know I`ll go at it blindfolded and take 9 months to figure out what you`ll say in a review that will take 9 minutes to read!

Post Thanks / Like
    When will they be shipping?

Post Thanks / Like

sorry but Rupes is out of their Fn`ing mind with those prices. Sorry but the machines are NOT worth that. I personally cant wait for the knock off to hit to make these outrageous prices on these machines drop or them take a hit on sales cause of these stupid prices. $300 for a 3" buffer GTFO I will take a griots 3" for 1/3 the price. They look cheep as well. I mean atleast the 15 and 21 look to be built really well and attention to detail..These just look like cheap machines that are a basic bland casing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
    sorry but Rupes is out of their Fn`ing mind with those prices. Sorry but the machines are NOT worth that. I personally cant wait for the knock off to hit to make these outrageous prices on these machines drop or them take a hit on sales cause of these stupid prices. $300 for a 3" buffer GTFO I will take a griots 3" for 1/3 the price. They look cheep as well. I mean atleast the 15 and 21 look to be built really well and attention to detail..These just look like cheap machines that are a basic bland casing
    If I may share my "brief" experience with these machines...

But first, as far as knock offs... That is always a double-edged sword... On one hand you have a company that not only was innovative, but then had to develop the tooling, do the research and manufacturer the product. This time and investment always adds considerable cost...

It is always easier for the second tier company to copy the majority of the product and save huge on development cost. Now this type of competition isn`t bad and may even be necessary. You take a hit by being the leader. That said, many of the knock off brands tend to lack serious quality because they haven`t engineered the product piece by piece. It`s the trade off, we as consumers face...

Back to the Rupes Duetto. I have used it previously and in my opinion it is worth every penny and then some. Why? Because it is, in my opinion, the epitome of dual-action random orbital design. For me, nothing delivers the comfort and performance that the Duetto does.

This should come as no surprise as I am a huge Porter Cable fan boy. To be able to grab a tool that fits my hands like a glove, has all of the standard controls and feel (on/off switch - thumb operated speed dial - standard fit) but has Big Foot levels of correction is win-win.

Simply put - While the style maybe familiar the performance is not. This thing plane rips.

I can assure you that the quality, smoothness, balance and performance we have come to expect from Big Foot is all there, just in a super easy-to-control design.

As far as the Mini, for spot polishing this thing rips. It is amazing. But the Griot`s is a great machine for those who don`t see value in the Rupes. That`s why we sell both

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    When will they be shipping?
    End of December.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think the prices for the machines alone are too bad. It`s a premium product, like BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, etc... I`m sure the Chinese copies will be usable, but I`m also sure they just won`t be as nice or as smooth as the Rupes. My main interest is in the mini, as I`m still not quite sure of where the Duetto fits in with the 15/21 for polishing. I`d rather spend a few more bucks and get the larger stroke machine.

I already have the 15, and think it is worth what I paid for it. Just the smoothness of the machine makes me happy. You can`t put a price on the "feel" - the knock offs won`t have it. BMW has been successful for years building brand loyalty this way. There are many bigger, faster, and cheaper cars than the BMW 3/4 Series. Yet, the car remains successful and always sells more and more. I believe the reason for this is because when you drive it, it just feels like a BMW. If I`m going to spend like a zillion hours using a tool, those subjective things are important. While the GG6 is a super powerful tool to fix paint, when I go back to using it after the 15, I feel like I picked up a caveman polisher. Gears are not smooth, the vibration is all over the place.

You have to understand, these things are designed and built in Europe - so they will cost more.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 15 as well and I really like the machine but I feel its price as well is over priced. $275-299 would be more in what its actually worth especially since they put in a fairly weak 450w motor. For its price it should have had a more powerful motor so less chance of stalling out. When i see my rupes stall on some curves doing my car I feel totally let down I paid so much for a buffer and it cant even match the power of my GG6" and not stall on certain curves. if the Mini was $175 i would be all over it and thats about all its worth but $300 for a specalized 3" polisher that will get minimal use in the big picture on a car. It better spit out dollar bills as its running for that price. Id like to know what makes it worth 3x the price of the griots. Rupes is just the new flavor and everyone is on the bandwagon with them right now. I am sorry but nothing could convince me to pay that kind of money for a 3" polisher

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 15 as well and I really like the machine but I feel its price as well is over priced. $275-299 would be more in what its actually worth especially since they put in a fairly weak 450w motor. For its price it should have had a more powerful motor so less chance of stalling out. When i see my rupes stall on some curves doing my car I feel totally let down I paid so much for a buffer and it cant even match the power of my GG6" and not stall on certain curves. if the Mini was $175 i would be all over it and thats about all its worth but $300 for a specalized 3" polisher that will get minimal use in the big picture on a car. It better spit out dollar bills as its running for that price. Id like to know what makes it worth 3x the price of the griots. Rupes is just the new flavor and everyone is on the bandwagon with them right now. I am sorry but nothing could convince me to pay that kind of money for a 3" polisher
    Not trying to start anything here, just wanting to help. So at the shop I watch my team stall rupes21`s on curves all the time and some of it is the large throw, and some is technique. It`s never a lack of power. I forced my self to do whole correction and probably had logged 200 hours on my 21 or 15 before I started to get the hang of it. I rarely will stall anymore and here`s what I do(all machines are washer modded). I find if you adjust your speed while working it does the most justice. I always try to keep the lowest speed setting while maintaining rotation and a smooth feel. In curved area`s this May be speed 5. And again not trying to start anything but I`d be willing to bet(having seen this day in and day out at the shop with my self and employees) your stall isn`t lack of power but the way your tilting the pad on a curve and the throw of the machine is stoping it like it`s designed to do. All that being said with 15 or 21 there are some area`s that you just can`t use these because the throw is to much. I believe the prices in these machines is really fair since they pay for then selfs in time saved(at my shop in a week) before rupes 1 steps took us 4 hours, we do them in 2 now with better results. I can be of any help ill happily talk to you on the phone or give pointers. Master that rupes and it`ll pain you to have to pick up any other polisher even for a tight area(why I order the little ones!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Its the machine. I have done with my Griots and Rupes in same area where the Rupes will stall out and rotation stops the griots has zero problems with keeping its rotation going with no problem. The rupes is just a bit under powered for its price tag. I agree it does correct faster then my griots and its smoother to use I just feel a bit let down when i see it stall out for what i paid fully knowing my griots would power through this complex curve with no issue of rotation stopping.

Post Thanks / Like

Its the machine. I have done with my Griots and Rupes in same area where the Rupes will stall out and rotation stops the griots has zero problems with keeping its rotation going with no problem. The rupes is just a bit under powered for its price tag. I agree it does correct faster then my griots and its smoother to use I just feel a bit let down when i see it stall out for what i paid fully knowing my griots would power through this complex curve with no issue of rotation stopping.
    Pretty sure its throw, not power causing the stall. Just from what I`ve seen with something like a 1000 corrections done with rupes. My 2cents never once felt under powered and before the rupes I used a dewalt rotary 90% of the time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information