Post Thanks / Like

Order Amount and Shipping Costs

Do most of of the members here save up purchases until a free shipping over $x event happens? I thought I`d try a new product, but the thought of shipping being 50% of my total cost seems ridiculous. Even the 20% off coupon (which you can`t use during a free shipping event) barely makes a dent since shipping is so high.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Order Amount and Shipping Costs

Quote Originally Posted by adama31 View Post
    Do most of of the members here save up purchases until a free shipping over event happens? I thought I`d try a new product, but the thought of shipping being 50% of my total cost seems ridiculous. Even the 20% off coupon (which you can`t use during a free shipping event) barely makes a dent since shipping is so high.
    Hmmmmmm......

Shipping is a huge cost for everybody, the companies, the consumer. With today`s sky-high gas costs, shipping isn`t cheap and you definitely pay for the convenience (as well as FedEx`s gas, labor, trucks, marketing). Our loss on shipping is mind boggling.

We do have free shipping promos, which do not require any coupons, above certain price points from time to time. You can use coupons with those promotion (unless the free shipping requires a code).

Post Thanks / Like

I wait to make larger purchases during Autopia promos with Free Shipping.

Do most of of the members here save up purchases until a free shipping over event happens? I thought I`d try a new product, but the thought of shipping being 50% of my total cost seems ridiculous. Even the 20% off coupon (which you can`t use during a free shipping event) barely makes a dent since shipping is so high.

Post Thanks / Like

I do my best to wait for a promo as well.

Todd does a great job at giving out promo pretty often.
    Official Selected Team Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE-8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Hmmmmmm......

Shipping is a huge cost for everybody, the companies, the consumer. With today`s sky-high gas costs, shipping isn`t cheap and you definitely pay for the convenience (as well as FedEx`s gas, labor, trucks, marketing). Our loss on shipping is mind boggling.

We do have free shipping promos, which do not require any coupons, above certain price points from time to time. You can use coupons with those promotion (unless the free shipping requires a code).
    I do agree that shipping is a high cost. Any thoughts of using USPS flat rate boxes as an option?

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree that shipping is a high cost. Any thoughts of using USPS flat rate boxes as an option?
    We are always exploring options that allow us to serve you better.

Some of the drawback so flat rate shipping is that boxes don`t hold too much.

Tracking is not always available which is compounded by the fact that US mail doesn`t populate as fast other carriers when tracking is available - sometimes you receive your package before it shows movement online. Insurance will only cover up to $50 of your order as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I`d try a new product, but the thought of shipping being 50% of my total cost seems ridiculous.
    Can you please point me in the direction where you are seeing this? This would be incorrect so if there is an error on our website I need to address it immediately. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Do most of of the members here save up purchases until a free shipping over event happens?
    Dear adama

Probably so. I have.

But I`m not sure that`s the most economical option over time.

I`m beginning to believe that if I purchased only what I needed when I need it, I`d spend less overall. That`d mean buying smaller quantities and paying the hefty shipping premiums.

I have a boatload of stuff I`ll probably never use. It`s all top-of-the-line stuff, too.

But if you`re just starting out, it`s very easy to hit the usual US$125 minimum order for free shipping.

Common sales you`ll see here and at Autogeek include 15% off and free shipping over US$125 and 20% off and free shipping over US$125. Just add stuff to your cart until the sale happens.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Can you please point me in the direction where you are seeing this? This would be incorrect so if there is an error on our website I need to address it immediately. Thank you.
    Poorboys Glass Cleaner - $7.99
    GTechniq G1 - $17.99
    Subtotal = $25.98

Shipping - $12.95
    Total = $38.93

I misspoke.. it is 50% (49.8%) of the Subtotal, not the Total.

It it 33% of the Total. Either way you look at it, the amount of the cost due to shipping is large.

I`ll start keeping a list of things I`d like to get and purchase when free shipping happens.

Thank you for being active in this discussion Todd =)

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping is extremely expensive unfortunately

We get people often that will spend $5 dollars on a 4 oz. sample bottle and pay $8.95 shipping! That`s more than the total haha

But I get orders all the time (actually more often than not) that even what we charge for shipping does not cover our cost for shipping ... say we charge $8.95 our price to ship that package is usually about 10 bucks

We are in a rock in a hard place with the gas but it`s slowly going down but once they have people paying the higher shipping prices and not slowing down their business they will never drop the price no matter how low the gas "surcharge" goes down

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the drawback so flat rate shipping is that boxes don`t hold too much.
    Dearest Todd the Great

`Em boxes would hold a bunch of those four-ounce bottles of coatings. They`d also hold mitts, sponges, and microfiber towels.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of shipping, Todd does ACC also match the 3-day shipping at no additional cost to us west coast peeps that the geeks get?

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone should use the method AMSOIL uses. They charge per pound and it gets cheaper by the pound. The rates move in brackets/groups of weights. IIRC the most expensive rate is like $0.50/lbs. They also have multiple warehouses so that might make a difference since PBMG ships everything from one location or drops from OEMs. You can always email or call the company you are purchasing from and find out the best shipping rate they offer for your situation. I know on AGO it has been said that they can ship items via USPS but like Todd said the insurance and tracking options aren`t as good. Free market options are usually going to have better options and sometimes at better rates. That said I would say USPS is the best option. You can always ask members for help with samples.

Thread Information