Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BRAND NEW!!!! Detailer`s Glass Coating: How To & Review

Detailer`s "Pro Series" of products is excited to add three new editions to their already impressive lineup.

THREE NEW COATINGS, based on the latest in nano-glass ceramic technology. The engineering goals were to:

1. Make coatings that anybody could use -EXTREME ease of use
    2. Create super-hydrophobic barriers for maximum protection
    3. Make the products cost effective

Detailer`s Glass Coating

Crystal-clear vision that lasts up to a year!
    Long-lasting semi-permanent glass coating
    Dramatic increases in wet-weather visibility
    Extremely ease to apply

Detailer`s Glass Coating is the long-lasting, easy-to-apply solution for poor wet-weather visibility. Detailer`s Glass Coating uses the same nano-glass ceramic technology found in Detailer`s Coatings to offer outstanding durability coupled with extreme ease-of-use. This coating creates a glass-like shield on your your exterior automotive glass that causes water to quickly bead up and run off, keeping your vision clear in any weather condition.

Age and use quickly wear away your windshield`s natural ability to sheet water. Water tends to stick to the glass while your windshield wiper`s flail uselessly, struggling to remove the obstructive film. Detailer`s Glass Coating not only restores to your windshield`s ability to sheet water, it dramatically increases it beyond factory standard. Unlike similar glass coatings, many of which require special chemicals or exact procedures, Detailer`s Glass Coating is easy-to-apply.

Detailer`s Glass Coating creates a nano-glass ceramic coating on your windshield and exterior glass. As you apply it, the nano-sized particles fill in any microscopic pits and voids, restoring a perfectly-smooth glass surface. The result is a super-hydrophobic barrier that causes water to bead into extremely small, marble-like spheres which run from the surface. At speeds above 25 mph, the super-hydrophobic effect is so pronounced that windshield wiper usage is no longer needed.

The smooth, hard surface created by Detailer`s Glass Coating prevents oil, road film, and grime from attaching to your windshield. Any exterior glass coated with Detailer`s Glass Coating will clean easily and stay clean for longer. This semi-permanent coating will last up to a year, keeping your vision crystal clear no matter the weather condition or the road ahead.

Directions:
    1. Apply to glass that is cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
    2. Polish the glass first using Detailer`s High Performance Glass Restorer.
    3. Spray Detailer`s Glass Coating directly on the glass and evenly distribute using a foam applicator.
    4. Allow product to set up for 2 minutes and then lightly buff with a clean, soft, lint-free microfiber towel.

To get started, you need have perfectly clean glass. Take your time and do a good job here, removing all dirt and insect residue, and as much insect, grease and oil residue as possible.

To make the job easy, use Detailer`s Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner. The aerosol version makes the job to easy. You can read the review here: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...n-aerosol.html

Just like taking care of you paint, the product you apply on top will only do a good job of the prep work is done right. Detailer`s High-Performance Glass Restorer is an abrasive/chemical cleaner designed to remove any oil film, residues, or films that could impede Detailer` Glass Coating from bonding properly. It also lightly polishes the glass to improve clarity and visibilty. Best of all, it wipes away "clean", so there is no need to use an alcohol wipe down afterwards.

You can apply Detailer`s High-Performance Glass Cleaner by hand or your choice of machine polisher. I elected to use the always-impressive FLEX 3401 with a 4-inch Lake Country Yellow Pad (glass is harder than paint so there is little need to worry about scouring).

When polishing glass, you want to use a little more product than you would use for polishing paint. A couple good globs is perfect for about 1/3 a standard windshield.

When using a machine polisher, set the speed to medium (about 3-4) on DA`s and 1000 RPM on a rotary. Work about 2x3 section in overlapping passes using firm pressure until Detailer`s High-Performance Glass Cleaner begins to disappear.

It will leave a film when freshly applied.

Continue working until residue begins to clear, then buff off.

Applying Detailer`s Glass Coating

Detailer`s Glass Coating is so easy to apply that it doesn`t require a lot of pictures or special instructions. This is actually the easiest part of the review/how-to.

Mist directly onto the glass. I found that priming a poly foam applicator with a mist made it easier to apply.

Spread Detailer`s Glass Coating over the section. One mist will usually be enough to cover a 2` x 2` square. (look at the florescent light to the left to see the light mist)

Apply to a few more sections, working Detailer`s Glass Coating into the glass until it disappears. You will feel the applicator get a little grabby on the surface. That is normal and okay. Wait a few minutes and lightly buff over the area to remove any high spots.

To see the results, view the video below!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2JzJ-mQuW4"]YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BRAND NEW!!!! Detailer`s Glass Coating: How To & Review

Great review Todd!

Be sure to check out the What`s New page to see all the new DP products!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! the new coatings look great! the paint and wheel coatings look interesting....
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

WOW thanks for the review and how-to Todd!!

Now we want to see the paint coating!!!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

you might think your windshield looks ok until you polish it and see the results for the first time. i was shocked the first time i polished mine and all that micro blasting was removed. good review todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool.

I have really been searching for a window sealant that will make driving safer and cleaning easier.

How does this stand up to wiper friction? Does it create wiper chatter?

How will this compare to other product I have? Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant, CarPro FlyBy30, rain-x,

Glass polishing with Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover, CarPro CeriGlass has been a real eye opener for me to see how much cleaner glass can be and look. Now I have been cleaning my windshield a few time s a week to maintain it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The coatings looks great, and like all PBMG LSPs, I`m sure they are easy to use. My only question would be their durability. I`m wondering, does the amount of silica or "glass" in the coating have a direct proportion to durability?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for the review Todd , might have a look ay these 2 products .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Very cool.

I have really been searching for a window sealant that will make driving safer and cleaning easier.

How will this compare to other product I have? Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant, CarPro FlyBy30, rain-x,

Glass polishing with Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover, CarPro CeriGlass has been a real eye opener for me to see how much cleaner glass can be and look. Now I have been cleaning my windshield a few time s a week to maintain it.
    It is resistant to wiper friction, although I am sure repeated use is going to negatively impact performance to some degree. The only glass coating I have tried that seems relatively impervious to wiper friction is Gtechniq Smart Vision Clear Glass, but it is difficult to apply. Detailer`s Glass Coating applies like any wipe on walk away sealant.

As far as chatter, none. In fact it will dramatically increase the wiper`s ability to sweep water off the surface smoothly. I have never tried FlyBy30 so I cannot comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    The coatings looks great, and like all PBMG LSPs, I`m sure they are easy to use. My only question would be their durability. I`m wondering, does the amount of silica or "glass" in the coating have a direct proportion to durability?
    Not sure how much silica content affects performance. What is more important is HOW MUCH silica (or relative nano particles) are delivered to and bind to the substrate. I can have a bottle that is 90 percent active ingredient, but because it lacks the necessary carriers/solvents, only 10% of the ingredient binds to the substrate (9% total).

Then I can have a second bottle with 15% active ingredient, but if all 15% can be delivered to and binds to the substrate, there will be more material on the surface and better performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Also durability, with wiper use should be about 1 solid year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Also durability, with wiper use should be about 1 solid year.
    I was just fixin to ask that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    great minds think alike?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Todd.

This makes me want to try it. I have also been seriously considering Opti-Glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Where do you find these emoticons?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information