Post Thanks / Like

Amazon Prime Shipping for Autopia?

I was just wondering, if this is possible I know a lot of people that would love to buy a lot more detailing products but don`t because of the shipping costs.

Initially prime (free shipping) is what got me into detailing.

Put Amazon Prime on Your eCommerce Site | Amazon Webstore

It would be pretty awesome to have one click buying/free shipping on awesome detailing items.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amazon Prime Shipping for Autopia?

I think Amazon has to warehouse the products to qualify for Prime shipping. Not going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you just sign a contract with amazon. All your products can still be at their current warehouse/distribution site.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. It needs to be warehoused at Amazons site. So the seller does get charged warehousing fees, transactional fees, packing/handling fees, and amazons *rate* on shipping costs....There is nothing free in life

Post Thanks / Like

i buy stuff from amazon all the time at very good prices, so despite fees they are charging, some businesses must be doing very well with them. i still see products from pbmg on amazon at prices and shipping that are sometimes better than direct.

Post Thanks / Like

i am sure shipping kills some smaller orders. maybe once a month? offer like $4.99 shipping no min.

gives the people the chance to go ahead and order. or better yet, once a month, 24 hour no shipping charges. watch the orders come in that day......

all just ideas to better customer/business relations.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

If they use Amazon Prime (which does warehouse & ship the product) they would have to layoff some warehouse and shipping staff.

Then you may be calling an Amazon rep for customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    i buy stuff from amazon all the time at very good prices, so despite fees they are charging, some businesses must be doing very well with them. i still see products from pbmg on amazon at prices and shipping that are sometimes better than direct.
    Correction, most of the times better than direct!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is vendors must participate in Amazon or get left out of a significant part of the market. They are forced to live with the margins if they let amazon do the fulfillment. Most places need volume to survive because the profit per sale is low. Companies like PBMG use multi-level marketing so there is no one price for everyone. With multiple distribution centers, the shipping cost can be lower rather than having one location.

One man operation has a different overhead than a full service provider,

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    My guess is vendors must participate in Amazon or get left out of a significant part of the market. They are forced to live with the margins if they let amazon do the fulfillment. Most places need volume to survive because the profit per sale is low depending on overnight. Companies like PBMG use multi-level marketing so there is no one price for everyone. With multiple distribution centers, the shipping cost can be lower rather than having one location.

One man operation has a different overhead than a full service provider,

Yeah that is reason I posted. Chemical Guys has prime member shipping(free 2 day shipping), thus I buy 95% CG.

I think there are a lot of hobby detailers that only buy items if they have prime shipping. To avoid the high shipping costs of most detailing websites when purchasing only an item or two.

Post Thanks / Like

This has been discussed over and over again. Here and everywhere.

It`s discussed at other sites too, and this site and AG are often mentioned as too steep and/or outrageous shipping. Some sites, (forums) even though they don`t retail products, make huge efforts to steer business to sites other than here. I`ve noticed it. I`m sure you have. You may have even participated in it.

There`s not much loyalty in any commodity business when it comes to parting with hard earned money.

And not everyone wants to be a full service provider, which means different things to different users. Meanwhile, the small service provider slowly steals away product sales and profits.

Thread Information