Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads

Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads

Ultra-Fiber Microfiber Pads by Lake Country Mfg. give you the ability to remove swirl marks and moderate paint defects quickly while leaving a high-gloss finish. The Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads are designed specifically for the action of dual-action machines:

• Ultra-Plush Microfiber runs smooth and delivers superior finishing ability
    • Ideal results on factory, refinished, and gel-coat paint systems
    • Specifically designed for dual-action machine polishers

Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads give your dual action polisher the ability to remove serious paint defects quickly! Swirl marks, scratches, oxidation, and fine grade wet sanding marks can be removed from all paint systems including factory finishes, after market systems, single stage lacquers, and gel-coat surfaces. Lake Country refused to compromise when building this pad and designed it for use with dual action polishers only.

It starts with the carefully selected ultra-plush microfiber material found on the face of all Ultra-Fiber Microfiber Pads. The densely knit, long microfiber pile is functionally non-abrasive to the paint. That means it offers almost no polishing power and is as gentle to your paint as a soft microfiber towel. However your favorite polish will coat each individual fiber and allow a high percentage of your polish to work at once. The high load of active polishing agents allows for very fast cutting action. The long pile Ultra-Fiber microfiber allows air to travel through out the pad, keeping your paint cooler while allowing for smooth buffing action.

Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads feature a stiff, yet pliable cross-linked polyethylene core. This specially designed core offers the perfect balance of firmness and conform-ability. The firm structure transfers both the spinning and orbital motion of a DA polisher directly to the paint for maximum polishing efficiency. The polyethylene core is flexible to conform to complex curves as well.

The latest in laminating technology gives all Lake Country Ultra-Fiber DA Pads the durability to stand up to repeated use. For best results clean the Ultra-Fiber surface frequently while polishing. Use a Pad Conditioning Brush or compressed air to remove caked on polish residue and fluff the microfiber. Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads are machine washable and reusable. After polishing you can wash them in your washing machine with a high quality microfiber detergent such as BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer and allow to air dry.

Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads are available in the following sizes:

4 1/4 Inch Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pad (2-Pack)
    Lake Country 5 1/4 Inch Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pad (2-Pack)
    Lake Country 6 1/4 Inch Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pad (2-Pack)

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no here I go... More pads to get. Will you be doing a test drive for us?
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Ultra-Fiber Dual Action Microfiber Pads

I really like the looks of these! Think they will be a great match with the Optimum Hyper Spray Polishes.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A never ending quest in pads, more to get!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Tried out my new LC Ultra MF pads yesterday on a black ( with the blue/green metallic )Honda Pilot. Had some OPT pads and Meg`s pads on hand to compare them to. When using them for cutting , D300 and m101 was used with a slight edge to the OPT pads IMO. Now keep in mind this paint was trashed and some very heavy cutting was required. This was with using a Flex 3403 and a dynabrade da head. I will keep giving them a workout on various paints before making a final judgement. On another note I did have another 3" Megs mf pad fail on a PC da while doing the pillars. Seems strange that Meguiars has stepped up their game on the other sz of mf pads but the 3`s are not up to par from the failure rate I have experienced. Maybe it`s just operator error.lol.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Tried out my new LC Ultra MF pads yesterday on a black ( with the blue/green metallic )Honda Pilot. Had some OPT pads and Meg`s pads on hand to compare them to. When using them for cutting , D300 and m101 was used with a slight edge to the OPT pads IMO. Now keep in mind this paint was trashed and some very heavy cutting was required. This was with using a Flex 3403 and a dynabrade da head. I will keep giving them a workout on various paints before making a final judgement. On another note I did have another 3" Megs mf pad fail on a PC da while doing the pillars. Seems strange that Meguiars has stepped up their game on the other sz of mf pads but the 3`s are not up to par from the failure rate I have experienced. Maybe it`s just operator error.lol.
    paul..rthey worth the money? do they cut well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
    paul..rthey worth the money? do they cut well?
    For me as I said I would like to try them on a few more cars but IMO the OPT cut just a little better. They are a well made pad and held up to the rotary/da head I used which is a monster compared to a regular da. Others may chime in with different results but so far the OPT pads have a minor edge. Price seems comparable to the other mf`s that are out there. I think it would be nice if one could have one brand of pads for all the required steps (mf,foam etc).
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the rwsponse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

The densely knit, long microfiber pile is functionally non-abrasive to the paint. That means it offers almost no polishing power and is as gentle to your paint as a soft microfiber towel.
    Todd, are you making a distinction between cutting and polishing in the above? Isn`t it also correct to say the MF pad (by itself) offers no CUTTING power either?

If you were to list the advantages:

One advantage of MF pads would be that you no longer have to navigate the sometimes confusing color codes for foam pads and you just focus on choosing the right compound/polish for the job (though not everyone would consider this an advantage for all cases).

The other advantage (again depends on how you use the pad) is the cutting ability of a given compound/polish is magnified with a MF pad (compared to a foam pad), and this can reduce the time to complete the job. Maybe this means they are not a good choice for beginners since this also means you can mess things up quicker.

The cutting ability is magnified because the pad contact area is mostly saturated with the compound which coats the millions of microfibers, with no voids (compared to a foam pad where the contact area is part foam and part compound, with the compound only contacting the surface in the "hollow" voids of the foam cell structure).

Maybe there`s one of your slick graphics to show this difference in our future (not to scale of course)

Are there other advantages to list? I`m not sure how they compare on a cost basis. The pads are more costly initially but maybe they last longer or you need less of them to complete most jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LS6 View Post
    Todd, are you making a distinction between cutting and polishing in the above? Isn`t it also correct to say the MF pad (by itself) offers no CUTTING power either?
    Ahhh the slippery slope of words! Microfiber, for the most part, is functionally non-abrasive to paint. Now if you add enough pressure to press the fibers against the paint you could compress the fibers to the point the would offer some abrasion.

If you were to list the advantages:

One advantage of MF pads would be that you no longer have to navigate the sometimes confusing color codes for foam pads and you just focus on choosing the right compound/polish for the job (though not everyone would consider this an advantage for all cases).
    Agreed, although I personally still get a better finish on most paints using foam.

The other advantage (again depends on how you use the pad) is the cutting ability of a given compound/polish is magnified with a MF pad (compared to a foam pad), and this can reduce the time to complete the job. Maybe this means they are not a good choice for beginners since this also means you can mess things up quicker.
    Magnify or Amplify would both be appropriate terms, but your description is accurate (and well worded).

The cutting ability is magnified because the pad contact area is mostly saturated with the compound which coats the millions of microfibers, with no voids (compared to a foam pad where the contact area is part foam and part compound, with the compound only contacting the surface in the "hollow" voids of the foam cell structure).
    Yes AND not quite....

Yes the cutting ability is magnified because of the increase in surface area but not quite because of the lack of voids...

Each strand of microfiber is 360 degree around. Because each side (ray/angle) gets coated, the amount of abrasives that can be held in the microfiber are significantly higher (guessing at least 5 times as much). The short (5/16ths) orbital stroke effective exposes all of the sides of each microfiber strand, though constantly exposing fresh abrasives to the paint.

Think about how much more total surface area a head of hair has vs. a bald head.

Thread Information