Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

$100 Autopia-Dollar Giveaway!!!! Win $100 worth of your favorite products for helping me...

A scary thing has happened... I have learned how to shoot video`s.

See...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvj80cB2HLc&feature=plcp]Opti-Coat 2.0 Application - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndZMhVk0LxA&feature=plcp]Poorboy's World Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWMdWgleiQ&feature=plcp]GTechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass Review - YouTube[/ame]

I have a couple more that I just shot today that will be up this week. So here is the deal. Post an idea for the next video I should shoot. Be creative. Be specific. I will pick my favorite three ideas and then we will randomly select a winner. If yours is the project I do and you don`t win, don`t worry... I will take care of you personally with some cool stuff.

We love when we get AutopiaForum feeback from users, so please be willing to write a review on the products you receive.

So please help me and let me help you!

Thread closes Monday, August 6th @ midnight.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $100 Autopia-Dollar Giveaway!!!! Win $100 worth of your favorite products for helping me...

how about a video of EXO application?

Can`t wait for this stuff to be in stock. I want to coat my shower glass so I no longer have to squeegee it after I shower...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $100 Autopia-Dollar Giveaway!!!! Win $100 worth of your favorite products for helping me...

I know most people here are great detailers but how about a video of how to properly wash a car with a 2 bucket system and how to properly dry the car with the proper products?

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

Per my request a few days ago (maybe I subliminally planted this idea for a video contest?-might be a winner here-I don`t know)

Topic for a video: Polishing and Sealing Glass/Windshields

Product to demonstrate: Gtechnig Glass Polish and Sealant

To include in video:
    Proper tools
    Proper Prep (tape, precleaning of glass)
    equipment (Buffer, MF`s)
    pads
    technique (Pressure, hand speed, work time)

I think that there is a need for this given the lack of information on glass polishing on any detail site (I looked)

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Go even further with the OptiCoat video by doing a 50/50 shot of a painted panel. One side is OptiCoated and cured and the other is uncoated clearcoat. Then on purpose you should try and inflict various damages (swirls, marring, scratches, hard water spots, bird crap, bug acid, etc) to both sides equally to show the protective properties of OptiCoat. After that, show how OptiCoat (and the damage to it) can be polished/compounded off and reapplied.

We can claim how good OptiCoat is all we want, but actually showing that it can resist damage and can be removed and reapplied just like new while maintaining your clearcoat levels would definitely be beneficial.

Post Thanks / Like

How about some videos on proper interior cleaning? A lot of us have to clean up some DIRTTTTYYYY interiors and sometimes we might not know where to start.

For example: A video using Wolfgang spot remover and/or upholstery restorer.
    A video using DP Total interior cleaner on various surfaces
    Proper leather conditioner application

I think the interior cleaning step is a process that isn`t talked about very much, we all get hung up on how shiny and slick our paint looks we forget how important the inside is. After all that is where we spend most of our time!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about correcting and
    Finishing with either Megs MF or Optimum using M105/205 even if final finishing is foam.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure Ill come up with some great ideas for you!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you should make one showing just how much damage a swirl o matic car wash inflicts on a vehicle. Red mazda before swirl o matic. Red mazda after swirl o matic. Then show the steps to fix it! Very important though you have show the look on your face a couple times as the brushes are hitting your car

Post Thanks / Like

I think a time lapse video showing a 50/50 of the entire wetsanding process thru final polishing would be sweet. I`m pretty sure PBMG can find a test hood for this!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wetsanding and overspray removal

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Wetsanding and overspray removal
    This could bring an unwanted visitor
    (another forum experience)

Not bad idea.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Consider a polish or pad cut comparison. Take a hood, rough it up uniformly with sandpaper. then mark off sections take a polish / pad then work one section, then change either polish or pad. For something like Lake Country pads, this would be proof on the cut charts -- at least for the paint in question.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the videos less then 1:58 and you`ll get more views

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information