Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DoDo Purple Haze

I got this in the sample size and tried it on my Blue car and wasn`t really impressed with it. Any feedback on results from other users ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DoDo Purple Haze

Can I ask what didn`t you like about it?

I have a Blue car as well that appears to be very similar in the overall color.

I have received a small sample of the DDJ PHP in a trade and like it. It applied fairly easy (I have been told the full size pots are better) and removal was a good as well. I only used it on my spoiler as I was doing a 3-way test. I thought is brought out the "metallic" in my paint a little more than other waxes. What impressed me the most though was the super tight beading I got from it. I am truly contemplating picking up a full size pot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Can I ask what didn`t you like about it?

I have a Blue car as well that appears to be very similar in the overall color.

I have received a small sample of the DDJ PHP in a trade and like it. It applied fairly easy (I have been told the full size pots are better) and removal was a good as well. I only used it on my spoiler as I was doing a 3-way test. I thought is brought out the "metallic" in my paint a little more than other waxes. What impressed me the most though was the super tight beading I got from it. I am truly contemplating picking up a full size pot.
    It was easy on and easy off, no issues with that. I just didn`t think it made the paint very slick and I didn`t see much improvement in shine or depth after I was done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    It was easy on and easy off, no issues with that. I just didn`t think it made the paint very slick and I didn`t see much improvement in shine or depth after I was done.
    As much as I love Nuba waxes(Purple Haze Pro being a favorite).... 90% of the look comes from proper polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Any more I don`t expect a wax or sealant to really increase the shine or depth by a major amount. Most will have some effect but none are over the top.

What LSP have you used that gave you the shine & depth you are talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Juice waxes, unless they are "pro or hybrid" versions use natural waxes with out the addition of silicone/silicon, polymers, acrylics, or other products that could increase the `slickness` of the paint.

A natural carnauba wax will leave the paint feeling smooth, but definitely not slick.

Post Thanks / Like

Any more I don`t expect a wax or sealant to really increase the shine or depth by a major amount. Most will have some effect but none are over the top.

What LSP have you used that gave you the shine & depth you are talking about?

I haven`t written it off, at some time I will take existing wax off and re prep the car to see what happens. But the two other that I used that I could see a nice enhancement from after application were BF Midnight Sun and Pinnacle Souvern Liquid Wax (sample).

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t written it off, at some time I will take existing wax off and re prep the car to see what happens. But the two other that I used that I could see a nice enhancement from after application were BF Midnight Sun and Pinnacle Souvern Liquid Wax (sample).
    Ultimately this is why we carry some many premium products and why everybody seems to have their own favorites!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a sample pot to try on my mom`s blue Hyundai. When I`ve tried to do different nubas side by side I notice a slight change in color more than anything else. On my TA I can tell the red looks either warmer or darker than anything else

Post Thanks / Like

Really want to try the Purple Haze too but I`m always on the fence due to the Pro version.. decisions Been really happy with their Orange Crush and Banana Armour.

Also, everytime I read something here I wonder if my pot of BFMS is defective really. I can`t seem to see any difference right after application, although I`ve recently tried it on a red car and saw a slight difference after a day or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milky View Post
    Really want to try the Purple Haze too but I`m always on the fence due to the Pro version.. decisions Been really happy with their Orange Crush and Banana Armour.
    I think for the additional cost I would definitely go with the pro version...

Post Thanks / Like

I think for the additional cost I would definitely go with the pro version...

What`s makes the pro version better/different ?

Post Thanks / Like

What`s makes the pro version better/different ?
    The "Pro" version has the addition of some of their Red Mist / Sealant to increase the durability and looks a little. Or at least that is my understanding from my research on it.

Quote from the Item Description on ACC:
    What`s better than Purple Haze? Some would say Stairway to Heaven, but we firmly believe it`s Dodo Juice Purple Haze PRO, the super-charged version of Dodo`s original soft wax for dark vehicles. Purple Haze PRO has even more carnauba wax and the same sealant ingredient found in Dodo Juice Red Mist. The result is a deep, glossy wax that lasts 3-4 months on average.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it on my dark metallic gray truck and my daughter`s Nittro, same color.

Very impressed with the look and feel of it. I presently have it over CG Blacklight on both vehicles.

Awesome combination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milky View Post
    Also, everytime I read something here I wonder if my pot of BFMS is defective really. I can`t seem to see any difference right after application, although I`ve recently tried it on a red car and saw a slight difference after a day or so.
    Have you tried multiple coats? The first time I tried it I wasn`t really blown away either after just one coat. But after the third I was impressed at the depth. (This was on a test spot for a side by side comparison.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information