Post Thanks / Like

Need a paint gauge?! Autopia has you covered, new DeFelsko PTG available!

We have just drastically expanded our offering of DeFelsko Paint Thickness Gauges by bringing in 3 new gauges and 2 new paint accessories.

PTG (Paint Thickness Gauages) just make sense. If you are an avid enthusiast or car collector you can monitor the thickness of your paint over time and maintain ideal thickness levels for length of owner ship. If you are a detailer, the amount of insurance the machines offer will likely pay for themselves several times over. I would have never polished an original paint (the ONLY one left) Shelby 427 Cobra with out having an accurate measurement of the paint thickness.

If you are a detailer who is focusing on high-end work, or hopes to one day focus on that work, the level of professionalism and peace-of-mind for you client cannot be expressed.

About DeFelsko:
    DeFelsko Corporation, a leading U.S. Manufacturer of coating thickness gauges and inspection instruments, has been delivering Simple, Durable and Accurate gauges since 1966. Family owned and operated in Northern New York, their state of the art facility houses research, development, manufacturing, quality, sales and service departments.

Over the years, DeFelsko has pioneered many technologies including the first combination ferrous/non-ferrous gauge to automatically recognize the substrate and take a measurement and the first hand-held ultrasonic coating thickness gauge for non-metal substrates including plastic, wood and concrete. DeFelsko is recognized as a premier American manufacturer of quality inspection instruments.

So whats new?!

DeFelsko PosiTector 200 Standard & Advanced

First we brought in 2 versions of the wildly popular DeFelsko PosiTector 200. These gauges use ULTRASOUND to measure coating thickness over various substrates including wood, composites (carbon fiber/fiber glass/plastic), ferrous and non-ferrous metals (steel, galvanized steel, aluminum) and just about any material you will find on the exterior of any automobile.

The Standard Version displays total thickness coatings (from substrate to the top of the paint/coating):

The Advanced Version displays individual layer thicknesses (of up to 3 different layers). Now you can monitor exactly how much clear coat you are working with!

DeFelsko PosiTector 6000 FNS1 Coating Thickness Gauge

The DeFelsko PosiTector 6000 FNS1 Coating Thickness Gauge uses a combination of magnetic and eddy currents to provided extremely accurate results on ferrous and non-ferrous metals. This is a rugged design that provides quick and accurate total thickness readings. The DeFelsko PosiTector 6000 FNS1 Coating Thickness Gauge includes PosiTector gauge body, 6000 coating thickness probe, SPG surface profile probe, and DPM environmental probe in a hardshell case.

In addition to these three new gauges we also brought in some really cool accessories that compliment both the DeFelsko 200 and 6000 models.

DeFlesko PosiSoft Software:

DeFelsko PosiSoft Software works on Window`s based computers to keep detailed records of your paint measurement readings. The DeFelsko PosiSoft Software works with DeFelsko PosiTector 200 Series 6000 Series paint thickness gauges. This program allows you to create charts and keep notes on readings making it ideal for car collectors and high-end detailers. This software could prevent damage to your paint!

DeFelsko IR Printer (works with 200 and 6000 models).

Talk about cool!!! Take you presentation to the next level with the DeFelsko IR Printer! If you are a high-end detailer and want to make a great impression this product is for you! Instantly print-out paint thickness readings from your DeFelsko PosiTector 200 or 6000 models before polishing, during polishing, and after polishing. Give a copy to your client and take your professionalism to different level.

Related Article: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...s-writeup.html

To learn more about DeFelsko`s line of premium PTG`s & Accessories check out the DeFelsko page @ Autopia-CarCare.com!

DeFelsko Electronic Paint Thickness Gauges

While you are visiting the store, make sure to check out the What`s New page. We are constantly adding new products and lines! New Car Care Products

In the last month we have been busy! We have added new garage banners, as well as fortified our already impressive 3M line, brought in the limited edition Dodo Juice Carnauba Cream Egg, added new BLACKFIRE kits, and are now carrying two sizes of the Chinchilla microfiber towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a paint gauge?! Autopia has you covered, new DeFelsko PTG available!

I would love to have or play with the DeFelsko PosiTector 200 Advanced. It looks like an amazing tool that can truly show you how much clear coat you have to work with or even how much coating was really applied...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I would love to have or play with the DeFelsko PosiTector 200 Advanced. It looks like an amazing tool that can truly show you how much clear coat you have to work with or even how much coating was really applied...
    This is a super piece of equipment. As a high-end detailer I not only see it as an invaluable piece for my own personal vehicles but also think of the quality presentation it would make when a client sees this type of detailed read out. In combination with the IR printer (which allows you print on the go) I could only imagine the quality the client would perceive when you hand him the final paperwork after the detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have this weeks winning lottery number? lol. I want a paint gauge so bad but its going to be a while before I can swing it. These DeFelsko units look great !
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Anyone have this weeks winning lottery number? lol. I want a paint gauge so bad but its going to be a while before I can swing it. These DeFelsko units look great !
    When you win the lottery don`t forget about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I guess one mistake could pay for one.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information