Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brutal Service

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brutal Service

*Start of my thoughts on this*

If what the OP is saying exactly what has happened, I`m on his side of this. I would be upset if I didn`t hear from a company after 7 days of placing an order.

Another thing, why is everyone using this Detail Fest as a scape goat. Okay, we understand PBMG is very busy during the time, but why not say so? Maybe through email as suggested or on their sites - in this day and age theres no excuse on that part. One of those would simply fix this problem that I`m sure occurs yearly at Detail Fest time to someone.

Example. Imagine you are new to detailing and are making your first order through PBMG during Detail Fest, but didn`t know it was Detail Fest time. After placing your order a full week or even half a week goes by before you hear anything from them. What would you think of any company like that? Would you shop with them again (maybe, but you would think about it), but you may just find somewhere else to shop.

Also, Detail Fest is always planned way in advance and the idea of "we`re very busy and can`t put orders out is crazy. Why not plan accordingly - Overtime for warehouse employees and others as needed? I mean when we (the shop or dealership have planned big events) we do what we must to make sure we don`t let the daily activites don`t go by the wayside. This is something no company can do to is normal operations and to its customers.

If you own your own business put it this way... You have an up coming event (massive auto show, big discount going on or just very very busy etc...) and you don`t call your customers after half a week or 7 days that you are very busy and are behind. What would be most customers response to this? I think we all know what our response would be if we weren`t informed of what was going on.

*End my honest thoughts on this*

PS: I`ve only had great experiances from the PBMG, but this guy has a valid argument and I think we can all reasonably put ourselves in their shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    you guys realize when you placed your orders they were prepping/taking down for detail fest which is a big event, and with everything going on stuff might be slower then usual. pbmg will make it right...
    Honestly, I don`t understand why this makes things any more acceptable. It`s not as if DF was something they thought of out of the blue - they`ve been doing it for a couple of years now, and had plenty of time to make the needed preparations to ensure that their business service does not suffer during that period - require OT from their warehouse personnel, hire some temps to cover the load; and if they simply cannot meet their usual order turnaround during said period, they need to be upfront about it - post it on their sites, or even, worse case, just shut down the online stores (which they`d never do).

I`m sure everyone at PBMG was focused on making DF the best event possible, but you simply cannot let such events take precedence over your regular business. Most of their customers will likely never go to DF - their main experience (perhaps only experience) with the company is through the orders they make, and a bad ordering experience could easily mean a lost customer (such as in this case). Now I`ve never had a bad experience with PBMG, but if I was in the OP`s shoes, I`d likely be pissed too.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

There are two sides to every story like this. I`d like to hear the other side as well. If the OP is on the up & up with the total lack of communication heads should roll. The thing is this is 100% opposite from the way these folks do business so one must must wonder what really is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all I have no reason to lie, as I would gain nothing out of it. This was my first order with Autopia and have never ordered from AutoGeek. Their was really no communication between me and Autopia as they would not reply to emails nor answer their phone except for the two emails I got this week one giving me a different tracking number and one saying your order is on its way. Not once was Detail Fest (did not know what this was before this thread) mentioned from an Autopia staff member.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me I was not accusing you nor even hinting that you weren`t telling the truth. The PBMG folks overall are renowned for their superb customer service so it makes me curious where the ball was dropped and what happened. I doubt we will ever know but the curiosity remains.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for addressing your concerns with us. Palm Beach Motoring Group, as whole, is revered for our customer service & care. I had customer service back track & review your order from the time it was placed. There was a significant delay in shipping the order and you should have been notified. While Detail Fest did tax our resources, I am not making excuses. You will be receiving an email with "something special" for your troubles and the delay.

Sincerely.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Thank you for addressing your concerns with us. Palm Beach Motoring Group, as whole, is revered for our customer service & care. I had customer service back track & review your order from the time it was placed. There was a significant delay in shipping the order and you should have been notified. While Detail Fest did tax our resources, I am not making excuses. You will be receiving an email with "something special" for your troubles and the delay.

Sincerely.

Todd
    Way to step up to the plate Todd. Everyone makes a mistake now and then and thats why they put erasers on the end of pencils (you do remember pencils ? ). Its how the mistakes are handled is whats most important.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Way to step up to the plate Todd. Everyone makes a mistake now and then and thats why they put erasers on the end of pencils (you do remember pencils ? ). Its how the mistakes are handled is whats most important.
    I agree. It is how you respond to mistakes that makes the difference. Own the mistake and do what you can to make it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Sincerely.

Todd
    This great customer service from PBMG is why all of us continue to shop here.

Post Thanks / Like

Sincerely.

Todd
    Is it too late to say I had trouble with an order I haven`t placed yet?
    Autopia Forums:

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Is it too late to say I had trouble with an order I haven`t placed yet?
    Autopia Forums:
    me too
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Sincerely.

Todd
    Responded back to the store credit issued via email.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this works out for AMG. I just don`t feel this progressed properly. An outside attack vs. an inside email blast would have yeilded the same result. I can say this because I don`t work there. There seem to be an attempt to discourage business over a missunderstanding or lack of communication. PMBA has stood above on service or else there would be threads otherwise. Maybe I`m stepping out on a limb but your posts on other sites lead me to believe the truth to your ajenda. Detail supplies are not life or death. I rely on my orders to support my business but have no complaints if there is a delay I have been informed when asked. I hope in the future you contribute other than your complaint.

Again I have no affiliation with any site but have a wife who deals with people who complain and cost jobs because they have a missunderstanding. Blasting people who are willing to please you is not the way to go. I`m being nice right now don`t open a can of worms with me. I`m glad your are getting worked with.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    I hope this works out for AMG. I just don`t feel this progressed properly. An outside attack vs. an inside email blast would have yeilded the same result. I can say this because I don`t work there. There seem to be an attempt to discourage business over a missunderstanding or lack of communication. PMBA has stood above on service or else there would be threads otherwise. Maybe I`m stepping out on a limb but your posts on other sites lead me to believe the truth to your ajenda. Detail supplies are not life or death. I rely on my orders to support my business but have no complaints if there is a delay I have been informed when asked. I hope in the future you contribute other than your complaint.

Again I have no affiliation with any site but have a wife who deals with people who complain and cost jobs because they have a missunderstanding. Blasting people who are willing to please you is not the way to go. I`m being nice right now don`t open a can of worms with me. I`m glad your are getting worked with.
    Clearly, you must not have read the original post made by AMG. After placing his order he followed-up with both multiple phone calls and emails. He didn`t receive a response until 7 days later.

If you assume his agenda is to affect business, I suggest you consider this was his very first order with Autotopia, he couldn`t possible have knowledge of the detailfest. All he knows is he didn`t receive a conformation and no one responded to his emails or phone calls. (Not great service in my book-since no one responded to his communication what else should one do?)

Perhaps, he was trying to prevent someone else from suffering the same fate instead of promoting his own agenda.

You claim he was blasting people....huh. Seems to me he was quite reasonable considering the circumstances.

I also think Todd handled this the correct way. He admitted an error and made every attempt to make it right. Hopefully, it is enough to make a difference to AMG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post

You really have to read all my comments in the thread before posting. Their cant be a lack of communication when there basically was no proper communication between me and Autopia, and I am not blind this is not my first online order I know I read Autopia`s shipping policy correct and the tracking number I got in my email. I know detail supplies aren`t life and death nor did I get my $200 for free, so if the right service is not their or I did not get my goods then why wont I be upset? No one is asking you to be nice you got something to say then say it. Stupid replies like this one is what gets people pissed off. This isn`t my first online order or detail order. I have zero issues with Phil @ Detailers Domain, my orders gets shipped next day or same day, he replies to emails very fast and at the oddest times like midnight, etc. If I really wanted to bad mouth this business I would of listed names of the employees I dealt with and the two previous calls prior to my order of coupons not working.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information