Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Deemo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Well sounds like I should just return the Meguiars clay.
    I have looked on CMA and autosupermart and can`t find the 3 pack of Mothers.
    I saw the Pinnacle 3 pack. Is Pinnacle as good or is Mothers the one to "stick" with. [/b]</blockquote>Hey Deemo,

You actually have to contact MOTHERS directly to buy this 3-pack. Email darlene@mothers.com for information. Between Pinnacle and MOTHERS I personally would try out the Pinnacle (*I haven`t tried it*) because I don`t like how the MOTHERS clay is so slippery -- If you`re a klutz, this clay isn`t for you.

puter

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I sent an email this morning (she will probably get others ).

If someone has tried both clays (Mothers vs Pinnacle) and could describe their experiences I would appreciate it.

I will wait to read some before I order.

Thanks.

P.S. Got some 303 as well yesterday based on posts here. The Vinylex is a bit glossy on my bimmer dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... Hey, this clay worked for me. I used it on two cars and had no problem. I never used anyone else`s so I can`t say it`s better or worse than XXXX.

It did stick a little on the first car I did, but once I realized how to use it, I had no problem. Don`t press hard on it ... let it skid across the surface. Does the whole car in 15 minutes.

E

Post Thanks / Like
    hey eric, if it works for you, then great. my experience is somewhat limited as well. i`ve used mothers, clay magic and meguiars only. mothers was okay, but i didn`t like the integrity of the clay when i pulled it apart and kneaded it back together for cleaning. meguiars for me was awful, it dragged on the paint a lot and left a lot of clay "juice" in the quick detail. plus, i had to go over some panels many times to get the paint perfectly smooth.

if you get a chance to try out a different clay brand, let us know your findings in comparison to meguiars. personally, clay magic is my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried Meguiars clay bar. I hated it.

Where can I get Clay Magic? I know I could find Mothers at a retail store.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    to the best is clay magic everything eles I tryed just fell apart or streaked the paint you can get clay magic at clay-magic.com or 1 800-826-0828

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the phone book under Automotive -> Paint and Bodyshop Suppliers / or something like that. Look for detail supply shops and paint suppliers. Anything with bodyshop suppliers is worth a visit! Lots of stuff out there, you can also try buying things like yellow foam apps bulk from them for special pricing.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm i dunno why but im the only guy in autopia who likes the meguiars clay more than the mothers. i did a pretty extensive review on it in the reviews forum quite awile ago...

Post Thanks / Like
    clay-magic.com

1-800-826-0828

also order there body shine its there agent for the clay bar to slide on .......you can delute it by at least 30% wash car first then pull in shade or garage leave wet yes wet your going to get it wet with the body shine. put in a spray bottle delute it down start on top of car and spray some B>S> then take clay and go over area about 1 foot by 1 foot going from front to rear get 1/2 of top done and take a chamoise an dry the area then the glass both front & rear the hood & trunk then down the side if nessisary continue on other side in the same fashion till done you can also do your bumpers. once done you can wax car any way you want. if your removing overspray make sure you check it out side in sun light before waxing...... on the glass you may want to use razor blades in stead of clay #9 from home depot or lowes. I use mostly the blue clay which is like 2000 grit sand paper & forheavey overspray they have a red one that is 1000 grit if you use the red one your going to have to use a high speed buffer cause sometimes it dulls down the car quite a bit the blue one can be used and just a hand wax will be fine afterwords. the clay will last for about 7-12 cars with light overspray if you drop it you can cut off the droped piece and use the rest DON`T BE A FOOL & try to use it if you can`t see clearly the defected part all you will do is scratch the car if you use it after it droped on the ground I have used this clay many times and made a lot of money we did over 5000.00 in one week doing overspray jobs some jobs took 1-1/2 hours and the longest one took 2--45 on a dark blue tahoe.................

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by rsastv [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I tried Meguiars clay bar. I hated it.

Where can I get Clay Magic? I know I could find Mothers at a retail store.

Ron [/b]</blockquote>
    www.clay-magic.com

AutoWax, the makers of Clay Magic are suing Mothers for patent infringment over their clay--which I don`t really understand. Clay Magic is actually good, and Mothers isn`t, IMO. Way too plasticky and hard to flatten and it isn`t very strong.

Clay Magic outperforms every other clay I have tried-Mothers, Meguiars (and you all know how big I am on Meguiars), Formula 113, etc. I keep going back to Clay Magic. Blue for normal grit and light overspray, and Red for heavy overspray.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Checked out Clay-Magics website. Just curious...If the Clay-Magic is good stuff, anybody try out their other products?

Post Thanks / Like
    It worked great. I had no problems. I just sprayed the Meg`s QD and did a section at a time, folding and stretching the clay as necessary. It went so smoothly that after I was done, I did a few sections one more time to see if I was missing some dirt, but nothing came off on the second go `round.

Clayed the whole Explorer in 15 minutes. No complaints ...

E

Post Thanks / Like

`Sema` Makita 9227c, roughly 2 hours, $179.99

We are selling the Makita 9227c rotary polisher that we used at SEMA this year to demonstrate the Lake Country "1Pad" System. It has roughly 2-3 hours of use by myself, Bryan Burnworth, and Eric Dunn. IRCC Bob (Auto Concigere) and Richy Carbone, and perhaps Chad (RaskyR1) may have played with it was well.

It is like new, and will come with the stock backing plate, bag, handle, etc, just like a brand new Makita that retails between $229.00-$305.00

Please PM me or post on this thread if you are interested. This is strictly first come/first serve and there is only one.

Thanks

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Good deal on the best rotary. Someones getting a deal:soldier:
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    With that much talent having touched it I think it should be worth more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information