Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    As a relative newbie to detailing, I am interested in finding a great product to use. Optimum products I would look forward to trying are:

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine (ONR)- I live in the desert and water is not a plentiful resource here, so what little we have has a lot of minerals in it and the spots are nasty to chisel off. This would reduce some of that.

Optimum Finish Polish - To get a super high shine in the paint. A slick surface should reduce the dust collection. Dust storms here are regular. Vehicles can get dirty before they are dried off.

Optimum Instant Detailer - Always looking for a way to make quickie jobs easier. A good QD can do that. Again the slickness is always super beneficial.

Thanks TID!

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent addition ... and finally!!:thumbup:
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR-For the same reason everyone else likes it.

Metal Polish- does a nice job with cleaning and leaves a long lasting shine.

Instant detailer-leaves a nice shine and protection.

I have been pretty happy with all of the other products I have used as well.

Glad to see Optimum now at PAC

Post Thanks / Like
    What I used:

ONR - Love it, tried it first time this winter, will be stocking up. It`s a great product overall for quick washes, and those done in the dead of winter

What I`d like to try:
    Opti-Seal - Seen this used, looks pretty interesting. Only a small amount to do a car??? Love to try it out, especially on my truck since it`s huge and takes forever

Optimum Instant Detailer - I love quick detailers, always up to try a new one. These are great for my motorcycle to remove light dust I always pick up at work

Great news, now I can one stop shop at PAC, I hate trying to remember who has what

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been wanting to try out the Optimum line, especially the following.
    1. Opti-Seal - awesome results from what I`ve seen on forums.
    2. No Rinse Wash & Shine - need I say more?
    3. Car Wax - love to collect wax.

Pick me, pick me!

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR- I live in the Northeast and during the winter months I can wash my car inside and does a great job with the 2bm and sponge. I also use it for so many things. like my wood floors at home lol. clay lube, and quick detailer.

Opt instant gloss enhancer- maintains my wax`s shine, smells goood.

Opt car wax- adds great protection to existing wax

Opt power clean- I mix this with OPT car wash to strip wax, works great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so here`s mine:

1). ONR - It can be used just about anywhere, anytime. I`ve used it as a clay lube and as a QD, it always works as advertised and always seems to leave the paint shiny and a little sharper.

2). OCW - I`ve used it on final wipe down after a wash or straight on after drying. I like the fact you don`t need to use a lot of product to get great protection. I recently ONR/OCW`d the wife`s car, and while driving in the rain, she commented on how the water was beading up on the hood. That was a first!

3). QID - As others have said, leaves excellent slickness and shine. Smells like juicy fruit gum.:p I recently wiped down my father`s 1988 silver camry, and had three separate people comment on how good it looked (and the car`s never had any form of paint correction).

I`m also currently in my fourth month of using Opt-seal. I`ve two coated, topped it with some OCW and it`s still going strong. Even if it doesn`t last 6 months, the ease of use is still worth it, IMHO.

Eventually, I`d like to try the powerclean and polyseal products and I`m wondering when the new waterless wash will hit the market?
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    i am a newbie! recently got into the detailing world.

only used the Opti-seal few times. to me this is a very easy WOWA product which can save me tons of time.

this is the only product i tried so far from Optimum.
    but i would love to try the Optimum car care products if i get picked!!!

thanks PAC!!! :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like

Let me win the OPT 1st prize giveaway!!!

I am a recent convert to OPT, although I use many different brands.

OPT ID and GE recently became my favorite QD, although I have a few in the garage. The slickness and gloss is unreal, and super easy to use. While great initally, check it out 24 hours after application to really know slickness. I suggest you try this first. :2 cents:

OptiBond is a wonderful tire treatment. Matt black, dry to touch after buffing and consistent finish. Doesn`t seem to attract dust. Clean look but some may want more bling (not me). Still trying to figure out the best way to apply, as it`s a creme rather than a liquid. The product does not run which is great. I`m going to try a 1:2 dilution with H20 to see if I can either spray it or wipe on easier. So far, no black spots or sling with rain. :thumbup:

I picked up OPT Compound II and the Finish polish to remove some swirls and prepare for sealant on my wife`s car, but it keeps raining every weekend. Rainy season ends in March. ancing Dot: Or in my case, we have a friend`s dark blue 09 C-Class that I may have to correct this weekend. :banghead:
    I just received some OPT Power Clean today for the engine bay and will dilute for a basic cleaner. I have a few other APCs in the garage that are good, but I`m looking for the "ONE." After trying the other OPT products, looking forward to trying it this week.

ONR, OPT Protection Plus, OPT Car Wash, OPT Car Wax are on my short "next try" list, with ONR being a must try with the water restrictions in SoCal. A friend forgot to bring by a trial amount, but it seems a no brainer to have a multi-use no rinse wash, prewash spray, quick detailer and a clay lube.

I`m an old school carnuba guy that is being introduced to new age sealants. After recently trying a new high end sealant, all I can say... "Too many sealants, not enough time..." :partaaay2:

Then again, maybe OCW will solve my carnuba withdrawl? I`m being tempted :devil: by nuba over sealant... How about on that C-class Mercedes?

Hey this was fun. Did I win something? :drool5: Come on guys, I can`t afford to fix my wife`s friends` cars for free without some help... :biggrin:

Good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Now where is Mr Luster?...................:wizard:
    OK... I finally made it into this thread...

1. You think my number 1 choice will be ONR? Why? It`s the greatest time-saving rinseless carwash on the market, that`s all!

2. OCW (Optimum Car Wax) - Easy to use, fast, brilliant shine.

3. OPC (Optimum Power Clean) - Effective All Purpose Cleaner. Cuts the grease, easy to use, works great on brake dust.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    OK... I finally made it into this thread...

1. You think my number 1 choice will be ONR? Why? It`s the greatest time-saving rinseless carwash on the market, that`s all!

2. OCW (Optimum Car Wax) - Easy to use, fast, brilliant shine.

3. OPC (Optimum Power Clean) - Effective All Purpose Cleaner. Cuts the grease, easy to use, works great on brake dust.
    Great to see you here, We did order extra ONR just for you....:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Great to see you here, We did order extra ONR just for you....:wizard:
    Finally, I can buy it from PAC and not "those other guys"!!!:banghead: (but can you compete with their pricing?!:toetap05::devil Nevermind... just saw the 20% off!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used any OPT products except for Opti-Seal, which I highly regard. Following that, I`d like to also try OID and ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never tried any Optimum products but was (even before PAC made the announcement that they would carry these products) just about to order ONR through amazon.com. I`ve heard all of the tributes to it and feel the need to see it in action for myself. Now I can order through PAC instead!

I would also be interested in trying the Opti-Bond Tire Gel to see how it compares to other similiar products and the Optimum Instant Detailer (for the same reason) as long as it`s compatible with Blackfire sealant.

-J

Post Thanks / Like
    came from clublexus.

1. ONR. cheap ass roommate complains about water bill so I can wash my car while using minimal water. Also I can dry my car without getting water spots

2. Optiseal. Easy to apply, looks awesome, durable.

3. Optimum car wax. Although I prefer optiseal if I were to use only 1 product, using this in conjunction with optiseal yields great results.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information