Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Blackfire for about 6 years now and LOVE it! I also have the Porter Cable 7424 Orbital Polisher to make my job easier. One day I must have touched my entire car a total of 15 times after washing, claying, polishing, etc. It looked beautiful and I got many compliments. Now I want to try the Wet Ice over Fire shine. :thumbup:
    Viv
    2003 BMW 530i
    Preferred products: Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like

Somone who actually used it

I tried Black Fire Midnight Sun for the first time last year on a brand new Audi. I put it over Menzerna FMJ and twice a month wiped the car down with Black Fire spray gloss. The water beaded off that car for 6 months as it did the day after I applied the midnight sun. I live in the North East so it isn`t possible to keep up with that routine through the winter, but last week, a quick wipe down with clay, cleaned it up with Final Polish II, a coat of FMJ and finally Midnight Sun. The car looks again like it did the day we brought it home from the dealer. That all may sound like a lot of work but washing the car through applying the FMJ only took 4-5 hours and the Midnight Sun took about an hour to apply the next day (which is an important step to adhere to). Which brings up another point. I`ve been a loyal user of another boutique car detailers "Show Wax" for it`s high Carnuba content. It was the longest lasting was I had found until now. The down side of the stuff was that while it went on easy getting it off was WORK! Midnight Sun wipes off wet - effortlessly. I`ll take 6 hours once a year over conventional waxing 5-6 times a year anytime. This stuff is great, expensive, but worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Wax

Great stuff ,I have been using the wax for over a year same wax last a long time If used right, My car 1995 corvette 14 years old BLACk 60,000 miles I do drive It. In the last year,eight Vette Shows Eight 1st or 2st place in all shows in the c4 class. Easy to us, 14 year old paint looks new what more can I say, love It.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my Vette last fall using Blackfire Clay Kit, Menzerna Final Polish (using a buffer 1-coat), 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (1 coat), Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection (4 coats) & Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnuba (2 coats). Man, did I get the compliments when I hit the cruises. This spring I washed it using Dawn detergent (squeaky clean) & did the whole process all over again. This time when I got to the carnuba, I had to wait 8 hours between coats. It came out even better than the last time. Let it season between coats and you`ll be amazed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went for the FULL treatment -- BF clay, then the Wet ice Over Fire program on my iridium silver SLK55. The results were awesome. Several people stopped as they walked past my driveway to comment on the quality of the shine. If the rain ever leaves, I plan to do the same treatment on my other two vehicles. I used a Porter Cable on the Benz, but just got my Flex. Can`t wait for some sun!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried Blackfire, but now seems the perfect opportunity to give it a try!

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Rules !!!

I`ve been using Blackfire Polish, usually one coat, followed by the Sealant for almost four years now.

It really does go on very easy and wipes off even easier. If you use the polish first, or Meguiars #7, then follow with the sealant it is all but inpossible to see any swirl marks or any blemish for that matter in all but the most difficult lighting.

I now keep it looking liquid by using Meguiars UQD every two or three days. The inportant thing to remember is that the base is the most critical step. Blackfire is my " seceret weapon " at the car shows.

Try it, you`ll love it !!.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire

Never tried it...yet! Always read about the line of Blackfire products but never pulled the trigger. Wanted to ask someone `first hand` how they worked out and what was the `ease of use`.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Blackfire.

I would like to try Blackfire. Never tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You can win Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax Kit, Batch #24, a $69.95 value just for becoming an active member of Truth In Detailing and posting your experiences with Blackfire products to this What Do You Think of Blackfire? thread. Tell us what you like, what you didn`t like, or what you would like to see. Never tried Blackfire products? We want to know that, too. We appericate customer feed back, good, bad, or indifferent so that we can constantly improve our products.
    Please, just one post per member.
    If you would like to start a thread on waxes (hopefully Blackfire ), please start that in the Waxes and Sealants section of the forum.

Here`s how the contest works.
    New Truth In Detailing community signups will have two opportunies to win, but you must post your experiences with Blackfire to the Blackfire thread. To be able to post, you must become a member of the community. Just click on the Register link above. From all the posts from new members, we will draw at random, two lucky winners of Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax kit.

To our current members, we haven`t forgot about you! We will also draw, at random, two winners of the Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax kit from those present active members who post to the thread.

But wait, there`s more! We are also giving away 25 brand new, hot off the presses, Got Shine? t-shirts. The latest in "must have" attire, these shirts feature both the ProperAutoCare.com and TruthInDetailing.com URL`s. The t-shirt winners, like the wax winners, will be randomly drawn from the list of posts in this What Do You Think of Blackfire? thread.

This offer is available to everyone who signed up for the community and posted to the thread between now and May 17, 2009. You can`t win if you don`t post. Get involved!
    All winners will be randomly drawn by our staff.
    Winners will be notified by e-mail for shipping information.
    We will ship the winners` prizes via UPS Ground or US Postal Service free of charge if the winner resides in and their shipping address is within the 48 continental US States.
    Should the winner live outside the 48 US States, there may be a minimal shipping charge. Shipping charges will depend on the winner`s shipping address.

So, get in there and get involved.

Best,

Admin

Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax

I have a 1996 Lexus, ES300 and a 1977 Datsun 280Z. Both cars have been waxed with the BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax. The showroom quality shine on both vehicles is superb. Whether on the road or parked in my drive way, others tuern heads for an approving gaze or give very positive comments about the superb shine. I strongly recomment this product ans would not use any other brand of wax on my cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Blackfire products, along with other products (Truth in Detailing), for a couple of years now on my daily driver (2000 Audi S4), which sits outside in the elements, 24/7/365.
    Last month, I gave the exterior a complete detail.
    I am not a professional detailer, I just enjoy the gratification of driving a well detailed car and having done it myself.

Ten hours from start to finish, which includes setting everything up and putting everything away.

Now, it`s just a matter of maintaining it with a weekly wash using BLACKFIRE Gloss Shampoo and a wipe down with BLACKFIRE Deep Gloss (Spray) Sealant.

-Anthony-

This was my routine, the products I used and the results:

All polishing done with Flex, except where noted. 1. Wash car with Joy, since I didn`t have any Dawn. 2. Clay Bar (Clay Magic) car and glass. 3. Polish glass (Autoglym) with pc & white pad 4.Wash car again 5. Menzerna Intensive Polish with orange pad 6. Menzerna Final Polish II with white pad 7. Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish with red pad 8. Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection by hand with Adam`s microfiber application pad. 9. Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnuba Paste Wax by hand with supplied applicator.10. Re-clean glass with Invisible Glass and Dragon Fibre glass cleaning cloth 11. Spritz wheels with Adam`s Detail Spray 12. Apply One Grand E.R.V. Dressing to the tires (they already had been treated last week with Adam`s V.R.T.)

It`s been at least four years since the paint has seen a clay bar:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Never Tried Black Fire but I`m in need of some product and have read good thing about it on other detailing forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Never tried it but would love to. In like Flint!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never tried them before, I have the Blackfire Wet-Over Fire Shine Kit and I`m waiting for some consistent temps before using.

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to try Midnight Sun too

So far the only Blackfire product I`ve tried is the High UV Leather Protectant. It was great stuff, would like to try the Midnight Sun too.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information