Post Thanks / Like

25% Off Sale at Autopia Car-Care

There is a 25% off sale going on at the Autopia Car-Care Store right now. $7 flat rate shipping over $50. Good time to stock up. This sale ends July 3rd, 11:59 p.m. Gonna try me some of the new BF Spray Sealant.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 25% Off Sale at Autopia Car-Care

Advance Auto Parts has been running a 50% off on select Gear Wrench items, the sale will end 7/25. I picked up ~$200 of sockets for ~$100, not t-bad for half price Snap On.

On the ACC/AG note, yeah these sales for this time of the year are killer. I can`t remember if there was 25% for the fourth, last year.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Advance Auto Parts has been running a 50% off on select Gear Wrench items, the sale will end 7/25. I picked up ~$200 of sockets for ~$100, not t-bad for half price Snap On.

On the ACC/AG note, yeah these sales for this time of the year are killer. I can`t remember if there was 25% for the fourth, last year.
    Truth is those sale prices an Gear Wrench’s products are probably closer to 1/4 the price of Snap On hand tools. I’ve got a pretty good selection of tools from all of the big tool wagon vendors and have had enough of a selection that I can make a real comparison. Back in the day I could declare the Snap-On and Matco dealers as a dependents come tax time (I’m kiddin’ of course). I personally believe Snap On makes the best hand tools out there. That said, I could in no way recommend their tools to the guy that’s fixing cars in his back yard. Just doesn’t make sense unless the user is making his living with the tools. I think for the most part I could say pretty much the same thing about both MAC and Matco hand tools. Cornwell’s prices are a bit more realistic for the average guy but still probably double the price of Gear Wrench’s tools.

Back to the Autopia Car-Care sale. I see 20% off with some frequency but it seems the 25% off sales only come a couple of times a year. If you buy in bulk it just makes sense plus you get the Reward Points and whichever free product they are offering for purchases beyond the $100 mark.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs, MattPersman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Truth is those sale prices an Gear Wrench’s products are probably close to 1/4 the price of Snap On hand tools. I’ve got a pretty good selection of tools from all of the big tool wagon vendors. Back in the day I could declare the Snap-On dealer as a dependent come tax time (I’m kiddin’ of course). I personally believe Snap On makes the best hand tools out there, that said, I could in no way recommend their tools to the guy that’s fixing cars in his back yard. Just doesn’t make sense unless the user is making his living with the tools. I think for the most part I could say pretty much the same thing about both MAC and Matco hand tools. Cornwell’s prices are a bit more realistic for the average guy but still probably double the price of Gear Wrench’s tools.

Agreed, Snap On does make some of the nicest hand tools and I would love for someone to compare some of Germany`s best to Snap On. However, there are some professional quality tools that do come out of all the other companies.

To keep this ACC/AG related, anyone know when we will be seeing the Griot`s foaming systems in the ACC/AG stores?

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, Snap On does make some of the nicest hand tools and I would love for someone to compare some of Germany`s best to Snap On. However, there are some professional quality tools that do come out of all the other companies.

To keep this ACC/AG related, anyone know when we will be seeing the Griot`s foaming systems in the ACC/AG stores?
    This is of course just my opinion and I probably should have qualified my original statement by saying the readily available tools for the US technicians. The top of line German hand tools definitely compete with Snap-On and other popular US brands from a quality perspective. I’ve priced some of their collections and they might actually cost more than Happy Snappy’s tools.

The only problem here in the states is that no one is driving a Fein or Knipex truck around the streets. I don’t have any proof of this this but I always felt like Stahlwille’s tools felt like SK Tools products but as I remember SK Tools advertising gig was that they were US made. Maybe it’s just the color but they feel same, same to me. We just couldn’t seem to keep an SK reseller coming to our shop.

Some of the independent dealers will from time to time carry some of these products but you really can’t count on building a complete collection of these the same way you do with the more commonly available tool truck vendors. Tech’s that build big collections of tools with 6’ tall boxes are used to making a tool payment each week when the truck shows up. To buy the German tools usually requires a significant investment all at once, many tech’s can’t swing this all at once. By the way, I really, really like Knipex pliers but they don’t seemed to be focused on some of the dedicated automotive pliers. I’ve got one of their wire strippers that I’ve had for 30 years, great product. I also don’t think any of the tool wagon brands own the market when it comes to scanners and other electronic or diagnostic tools.

There is a web site that is called German-Hand-Tools that makes most of their products available but make sure to have your wallet out.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    This is of course just my opinion and I probably should have qualified my original statement by saying the readily available tools. The top of line German hand tools definitely compete with Snap-On and other popular US brands from a quality perspective. I’ve priced some of their collections and they might actually cost more than Happy Snappy’s tools.

The only problem here in the states is that no one is driving a Fein or Knipex truck around the streets. I don’t have any proof of this this but I always felt like Stahlwille’s tools felt like SK Tools products but as I remember SK Tools advertising gig was that they were US made. Maybe it’s just he color but they feel same, same to me. We just couldn’t seem to keep an SK reseller coming to our shop.

Some of the independent dealers will from time to time carry some of these products but you really can’t count on building a complete collection of these the same way you do with the more commonly available tool truck vendors. Tech’s that build big collections of tools with 6’ tall boxes are used to making a tool payment each week when the truck shows up. To buy the German tools usually requires a significant investment all at once, many tech’s can’t swing this all at once. By the way, I really, really like Knipex pliers. I also don’t think any of the tool wagon brands own the market when it comes to scanners and other electronic or diagnostic tools.

There is a web site that is called German-Hand-Tools that makes most of their products available but make sure to have your wallet out.
    Knipex pliers are really, really nice. And I have had to forcibly make myself leave German-Hand-Tools website..............

I currently have my eyes on Wiha`s 92190 Master set of screw drivers.

Knipex has their 8603250 and Vampliers have a few pliers that are pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like

My Fein detail sander is the best power tool I`ve ever used. Quiet and almost no vibration.

I don`t lend it out anymore. I always had a hard time getting it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Knipex pliers are really, really nice. And I have had to forcibly make myself leave German-Hand-Tools website..............

I currently have my eyes on Wiha`s 92190 Master set of screw drivers.

Knipex has their 8603250 and Vampliers have a few pliers that are pretty nice.
    I have some Wihas for some really small sight screws.

Post Thanks / Like

I was kickin myself as I forgot to put the *no peanuts* comment in my most recent order. Looks like they finally have changed the default packing as the order just came in and I`m pppp-eanut free
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Thread Information