Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Essence topper combos

I’ve never tried Essence and I’m not a coating guy (I do this only as a hobby), but i’m looking into combos with stuff I already have that might excite me. Figured I would see if anyone has tried the following combos, or have any other combo ideas that aren’t pure coating right on top:

Essence + PBL Synergy + PA High Gloss
    or
    Essence + Reload + PA High Gloss

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essence topper combos

Essence and Reload work, but Reload doesn’t last very long. By adding the PA High Gloss you should get a really deep shine. Why don’t you pick up one of the user friendly coatings such as McKees Paint Coating or PBL Paint Coating and apply it after Essence? Then use Reload and PA HG. It’s one extra step and you will get about a year durability out of it. It’s easy for me to spend your money.
    Likes HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t need a year durability, I enjoy this as my hobby and would wipe it out at 6 months max. I have a tin of Synergy and bottles of Reload and High Gloss, so I want to continue using what I have on hand but also I’m wanting to try out Essence after all the gloss pictures I’ve seen.

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta understand a lot of these gloss pictures online have to do with lighting and photography, not saying you can’t get possibly more gloss with essence but there really is only so much you can extract from a paint in certain comparable lights.

I have essence and it’s a fine polish and AIO. I don’t think I used it on a car and thought it’s many times more glossy or whatever like the tester group of this product (which is getting that product for free )

Many good jeweling polishes, glazes and lots of AIOs will give quite a lot of gloss too

I just used essence last night on my wheel center caps and it cleans quicker and better than other polishes I tried head to head

If you lived near me you could have a few oz to test for yourself and see if it really did what you think it might. I would imagine in your area there are a couple people that use essence and could help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Would be intresting to see the essence and High Gloss combo. High Gloss has tio2 and sio2 in it and would be bonding nicely to essence. I would test to apply the HG dry every 2 weeks the 3-4 times to let it build up some. Then when you feel like mix in reload and apply it down the road. Since you have reload I think I would get some Ech2o and do the magic elixir 1oz Ech2o and 1oz reload and 20oz destilled water. And use it as drying aid if you use that and it`s great to apply dry too. This would be what I would go. The safe way would be essence and reload and then top as you like.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    You gotta understand a lot of these gloss pictures online have to do with lighting and photography...
    EXCELLENT point!
    Likes jatleson, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i like topping essence with sealants like blackfire wd and menzerna power lock. i am always amazed at how slick the resulting finish feels.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Didn`t Ronkh or somebody say that FK1000P is good on Essence?

Post Thanks / Like

any acrylic sealant or polymer sealant, hybrid wax etc will work just fine on essence too. Essence makes the surface similar to bare paint. Nano particles from the Sio2 are small l, similar to pores in paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Would be intresting to see the essence and High Gloss combo. High Gloss has tio2 and sio2 in it and would be bonding nicely to essence. I would test to apply the HG dry every 2 weeks the 3-4 times to let it build up some. Then when you feel like mix in reload and apply it down the road. Since you have reload I think I would get some Ech2o and do the magic elixir 1oz Ech2o and 1oz reload and 20oz destilled water. And use it as drying aid if you use that and it`s great to apply dry too. This would be what I would go. The safe way would be essence and reload and then top as you like.
    Agree, I would eventually use the Car Pro elixir as my maintenance. I like the idea of building up the High Gloss over a month or so. Whether or not to use Synergy or just Reload as the middle topper, I’m still torn on, but I have plenty of time to decide as I’m waiting for the bulk pollen season to end at a minimum.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon WetCoat, Hydro Blue, Gyeon Cure, and Carpro ECH2O all work well on Essence. The one thing that I really want to try is Fast Finish on top of Essence, maintained with Hydro Blue and Gyeon Bathe+.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Gyeon WetCoat, Hydro Blue, Gyeon Cure, and Carpro ECH2O all work well on Essence. The one thing that I really want to try is Fast Finish on top of Essence, maintained with Hydro Blue and Gyeon Bathe+.
    I just put UFF on top of essence on a couple panels this weekend I didn’t have time to do the entire car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    i like topping essence with sealants like blackfire wd and menzerna power lock. i am always amazed at how slick the resulting finish feels.
    tropicsteve, do you get comparable durability from Blackfire or Powerlock on top of Essence as you would putting those sealants on bare paint? If you don’t know the exact answer, can you confirm they at least last 3+ months as toppers to Essence?

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Maybe it’s not technically possible to know how long the topper lasts on Essence, but best guess based on appearance, anyways?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’ve never tried Essence and I’m not a coating guy (I do this only as a hobby), but i’m looking into combos with stuff I already have that might excite me. Figured I would see if anyone has tried the following combos, or have any other combo ideas that aren’t pure coating right on top:

Essence + PBL Synergy + PA High Gloss
    or
    Essence + Reload + PA High Gloss
    heres some info...

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...hlight=essence

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information