Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer`s Wholesale Beta now open!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    LOL only open to professionals, hahaha theres like 300 legit pro`s in the world. Way to close the window to some sales AG/Autopia. this is why Autoality`s program is so much better!
    lol if you think theres 300 legit pros in the world I have some oceanfront property in Kansas I`d like to discuss with you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    lol if you think theres 300 legit pros in the world I have some oceanfront property in Kansas I`d like to discuss with you
    I was being generous, theres probably 30 tops. and I bet half of them don`t even shop here or AG.
    The name`s Chris! Hi! - Chris` Auto Detailing, Pasadena, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    I was being generous, theres probably 30 tops. and I bet half of them don`t even shop here or AG.
    what do you consider a legit pro, exactly?

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe all the guff Paul and the Autopia Store is taking for a marketing program designed specifically for quantity product users (IE, high volume "professional detailers") Granted, this program seems to exclude, and hence alienate, the small product user (IE hobbyists, like me) BUT there are enough promotional special offerings through-out the year to cover hobbyists IF we wish to buy at that time.

it`s a pretty simple economic concept that those who buy in quantity get a price break. Most web retailers will offer a "discount" or "price break" on quantity purchases for an item, like microfiber towels or polishing pads, anyway for us hobbyists. So for Paul to be treated and chastised like this is uncalled for.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    what do you consider a legit pro, exactly?

Todd Cooperider would be an example. Joe at Superior Shine, guys who actually work on important stuff. The rest of us twiddle thumbs. A legit pro, is someone in my eyes who is recognized by all as having the proper chops and skill to deliver unprecedented results. So maybe expand beyond 30 and go to 50.....i mean have you seen some guys who label themselves "pros"? They aren`t. Why because they own a shop and hack ```` apart all day? if it wasn`t for a machine and product doing all the work for them, they wouldn`t collectively have enough mental dynamite to blow their nose. Anyone can detail, you hold a machine to paint, put polish on it an move it around. At least the legit people make it an art. BTW i am one of those without enough dynamite to blow his own nose, so i am insulting myself as well as others.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the program is designed for "pros" but anyone can really sign up. it`s free to sign up. give it a shot and see what it`s all about???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

it`s a pretty simple economic concept that those who buy in quantity get a price break. Most web retailers will offer a "discount" or "price break" on quantity purchases for an item, like microfiber towels or polishing pads, anyway for us hobbyists. So for Paul to be treated and chastised like this is uncalled for.
    not directing it towards him, but their idea, he just so happens to be the messenger and sometimes the messenger gets shot. But, i will say, what if i as hobbyist spend more than a pro? i can guarantee theres non pros on these sites who spend double or triple what pros would yearly and this its a kick in the nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

While I`m not really interested in this program, I`m surprised by all the negative comments. Wholesale programs are designed to give retailers and professionals discounted product over your standard customer. If you only spend a couple hundred a year why should you be given wholesale pricing?

I`m just a part time niche hack that details on average 2 cars a month. In the last 7 months I have bought $8,915.29 worth of product from another online retailer. That`s may seem high at first, but I also supply my clients with products, which you could do too if you do side detailing for money.

If this model doesn`t fit you wait for sales.

Just my $.02
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    While I`m not really interested in this program, I`m surprised by all the negative comments. Wholesale programs are designed to give retailers and professionals discounted product over your standard customer. If you only spend a couple hundred a year why should you be given wholesale pricing?

I`m just a part time niche hack that details on average 2 cars a month. In the last 7 months I have bought $8,915.29 worth of product from another online retailer. That`s may seem high at first, but I also supply my clients with products, which you could do too if you do side detailing for money.

Just my $.02

If Chad is a part-time hack. I am the scum at the bottom of my wheel bucket.

You are a part-time pro
    Likes Oneheadlite, RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`m a hack, not pro, so it don`t matter to me........

Plus with all the free products you receive why would you need to buy wholesale JK of course.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s really no different than a month ago when this program wasn`t available; just something extra for those who purchase a lot; frankly I can`t see how Connect *wasn`t* a money loser for PBMG. Plenty of other sites out there to buy from if this doesn`t fit your needs. And, PBMG does seem to have some kinda promotion nearly every week. A plus for Pros (whoever those folks may actually be) and for the rest of us, business as usual.

FWIW, it seems PBMG *has* listened to the shipping cost complaints recently and modified some of their policies accordingly. Woulda been nice if this program benefited me but not losing sleep over the fact it doesn`t. Other choices available when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats to the big dogs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I didn`t realize that because I have been in business for 18 years and do what you call not important stuff, I`m a hack? Detailing also is a craft that I`ve worked hard to improve upon as I`m sure Chad and many others here have as well. If someone gives me the privilege of working on they`re vehicle which is they`re pride and joy, it doesn`t have to be fancy . You need look at other people besides those two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

Just my $.02
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I have to say I didn`t realize that because I have been in business for 18 years and do what you call not important stuff, I`m a hack? Detailing also is a craft that I`ve worked hard to improve upon as I`m sure Chad and many others here have as well. If someone gives me the privilege of working on they`re vehicle which is they`re pride and joy, it doesn`t have to be fancy . You need look at other people besides those two.

Spot on
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information