Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed-Ex?

Southern New Mexico which is NOT the Land of Enchantment.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fed-Ex?

FedEx vs UPS? After living in several parts of the USofA, and buying many products, be it veterinary products, plants, car parts/products, marine fish/corals, and day-old chicks? Often, delivery service seems to be as weak as the actual employees working for FedEx, UPS, whatever. If Autopia is involved, then their company reps might be at fault as well? Immediate Tracking Numbers are invaluable to me, whether it is from UPS, FedEx, Autopia....whatever/whoever. I am not sitting around, reading the Farmers` Almanac. I would much rather drive an `amazing car` (YES!)

The main issue with "delivery services" has always been "simple" for simple me. "Location, Location, Location" appears to be the `Driver`? FedEx in GA was a worthless piece of crappe. Packages were sent to various neighbors, or merely "vaporized" leading to inflammatory phone calls. UPS was always a Champion in the past, living in parts of the US & Canader.

Where we live now, FedEx has been extremely reliable, except for a local friend who`s FedEx truck was left outa gear on a steep hill, and coasted backwards through their own property and elsewhere (well captured by phone pics...Priceless).

Packages.... often boil down to where you live? Both UPS, and FedEx seem to have a few morons involved in their "Delivery Services"?

I don`t make `em. Occasionally, to me, all "delivery services", appears to be more like Shake n` Bake, t`me, depending on your location?

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered last Sunday from AG (but fem chemicals have to go ground) fedex Ground and I am looking at getting it this coming Tuesday. 9 days seems a little long but not crazy just disappointed as I wanted to play with a few new toys this weekend.Like rlmccarty2000 its both side being a tad slow adding up to later delivery mine also didnt get shipped till Thursday. But with 25 percent off sale for AG last weekend and now 25% off at AT my guess is they are just swapped with spring orders. I will live just getting spoiled by Amazon Prime shipping has ruined me.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in SW Pa shipped Tuesday arrived Thursday ...Fed X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I live in SW Pa shipped Tuesday arrived Thursday ...Fed X
    That probably went through the Neville Island facility that we service, or possibly the new state of the art Autostat in Zelienople.

If people knew how rough packages were handled, they would pack stuff better. I know a couple facilities that have a giant sort that packages slide down and people throw them (literally) on the corresponding belts to wherever it goes. I wish I was allowed to publicly show pictures of it. Like I said it`s a wonder anything makes it through unscathed. You don`t even want to know how bumpers are treated going through there, as they are "incompatibles" and cannot go on the conveyor system.

If a package is noted leaking or busted open it will get taken off and put through QA, which they will either repack it or go back to the shipper. I think malt vinegar is the worst I`ve smelled that broken open on the belts; that night still haunts me. If you use the cheap packing tape, contents will break open definitely. Most of the time it`s a billion little pieces that have to get picked out of the whole system. Guess who gets to do that? Yea me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Today I actually watched a FedEx truck drop a package at my neighbor`s house and pass mine. I later received my order.....
    Home delivery trucks are mostly packed by the drivers, so either it was driver error or it was a last minute truck and the logistics got all messed up.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I only use FEDEX, they are the best. Insurance is good, delivery is always on time and fast. UPS always damages stuff, ALWAYS. I ship Turbochargers ranging from 20 - 150 lbs and I literally cannot ship them any other way but FEDEX otherwise they won`t arrive unharmed.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fed Ex has different delivery pricing...there is normal or slow/slower. I have no specific issues with them in our area. A lot has to do to the local situation. Fed Ex Home Delivery delivers on Saturday but do not think they deliver on Monday,

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

So the general consensus is that Fed Ex seems to have a better track record. I`ve had a few bad experiences with Fed Ex and maybe I`ve Lucky with UPS. We do have an older crew with UPS. Fed Ex seems younger.

Post Thanks / Like

I see that FedEx is listed as a sponsor, for AG`s Detailfest. Maybe they are the preferred shipper??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    That probably went through the Neville Island facility that we service, or possibly the new state of the art Autostat in Zelienople.
    Is that the one by 79? I have very good friends in Cranberry. I think I`ve been by there? They also have a major UPS DC - I think just off of 19.

I`m spoiled here in southcentral PA. Right near an airport (Harrisburg) and major hubs for FedEx and UPS. I don`t order a lot from Autopia, but my last package was here in 2 or 3 days. Maybe it`s a PA thing KBsToy?

Gordon

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they have switched to FedEx and we have only used FedEx for the past 14 years .. we started with UPS but the amount of claims with liquids was unacceptable ...

Bottom line is the the FedEx driver either owns the route and you get great service or he`s just a hired driver , and there it is hit or miss because it`s a hard job.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Never had FedEx deliver early. My packages sit a hub 45 minutes away for days sometime`s even a week. I called and complained to FedEx I was told they aren`t due for delivery so they stay at the hub. Wondering when they are going to start charging me storage fees.

UPS all the way I get packages early all the time. I know the driver by name and he`s here at the same time every day.
    Likes grisby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gordonjuan View Post
    Is that the one by 79? I have very good friends in Cranberry. I think I`ve been by there? They also have a major UPS DC - I think just off of 19.

I`m spoiled here in southcentral PA. Right near an airport (Harrisburg) and major hubs for FedEx and UPS. I don`t order a lot from Autopia, but my last package was here in 2 or 3 days. Maybe it`s a PA thing KBsToy?

Gordon
    2nd order shipped Thur----Saturday on my porch 3PM. Maybe a PA-thing
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes gordonjuan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gordonjuan View Post

Gordon
    The new Autostat is by 79 (Evans City exit I think?), easy to spot in the winter. That one is so friggin` cool inside, while we don`t service that building we have done a couple projects in there. The sort is pretty much automated, neat to watch. The one in Hagerstown right near me is even bigger.

You`re right about living in South Central PA (Fulton Co here), we have the 170 Harrisburg Hub and the 217 Hagerstown Hub within an hour of each other. Not to mention the postal service hub in Harrisburg.

And FedEx delivery drivers are all contract, they don`t work for FedEx per say. Even the truck drivers are contract.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammer71 View Post
    Never had FedEx deliver early. My packages sit a hub 45 minutes away for days sometime`s even a week. I called and complained to FedEx I was told they aren`t due for delivery so they stay at the hub. Wondering when they are going to start charging me storage fees.

UPS all the way I get packages early all the time. I know the driver by name and he`s here at the same time every day.
    I already had Fedex change delivery times for my orders. I was expecting an order and it wasn`t delivered so I checked the tracking and it stated that the customer requested change of date. I called and complained and was told that the driver (on this example) did not have time to make delivery because he had to get home early so he changed the date. I told them that is wrong and was more or less told to live with it. Other examples where they changed my date, I was told its up to the driver`s discretion if he wants to deliver or not. I live in a rural area BUT its off of a golf course so its not like its in the boonies. The dispatcher even gae me the drivers cell number once, and when I called he said that he had to get home early for a family picnic!!!!
    Give me UPS any day of work, they will even put stuff in my porch if the weather is bad and I never had a damaged order from them, Fedex--don`t even get me started on that part of the conversation.
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: delivery times. In all fairness, with ANY carrier, unless it`s shipped via a specified service, 1st-3 day air, no carriers owes you squat when it`s shipped ground. There will be estimated delivery dates, etc and they generally all meet that. Any package shipped ground does not have a committed delivery date..

With that said, and again, the Original Question is kinda like asking do you like apples or oranges.
    FedEx Ground are franchised drivers. UPS ground are true UPS employees. IME, IMO there is a much better QC with UPS in this respect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information