Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autopia Connect!

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    would venture to guess no free shipping will be a deal breaker for many
    I think that there is that possibility but I believe the free shipping has been the program breaker of Autopia CONNECT.

I`m just speculating here, if CONNECT were a money maker I don`t think it would be coming to an end.

I could tell you in a blink if Ray will just send me a copy of the the P&L. There has to be a line item on the cost equivelancy of FREE SHIPPING associated with the program.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Just charging actual shipping would be nice. $100+ worth of pads ain`t worth $20+ in shipping.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Likes texasgibby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Easy, guys. You`re giving away concessions without even knowing what the issues are. Freight, with this company, is a red flag, and one of my pet peeves. Remember, WE`RE the customer. The cash flow starts with US.
    Likes BadgerRivFan, KBsToy, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks BadgerRivFan, KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just make the minimum for free shipping $50. If it goes to $7.95 shipping per order I will probably skip Connect and just wail until I have a $150 order to get the normal free shipping. I think PBMG should have a tier system for discounts and people that buy more should get a larger discount similar to DI. Autopia Connect stopped me from buying almost anywhere else. My Connect is up in a few days and I will be back to site shopping for the best deal.
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texasgibby View Post
    Easy, guys. You`re giving away concessions without even knowing what the issues are. Freight, with this company, is a red flag, and one of my pet peeves. Remember, WE`RE the customer. The cash flow starts with US.
    Honestly, the detail forums really do not generate much of a % of their business........ They do help in sales of their products by the information people can garner here. But I do wonder if connect paid for itself or cost them $$$.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Honestly, the detail forums really do not generate much of a % of their business........ They do help in sales of their products by the information people can garner here. But I do wonder if connect paid for itself or cost them $$$.
    at this point, i think it probably costed $$. if they would have generated money from it.. they would have kept the program running or released a new program by now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    at this point, i think it probably costed $$. if they would have generated money from it.. they would have kept the program running or released a new program by now
    I`m still good till mid December, mebbe their waitin for me?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texasgibby View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Im planning another order before the 27th when my membership runs out. Then I will too be back to site shopping for deals. Not looking forward to that day!
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Just charging actual shipping would be nice. $100+ worth of pads ain`t worth $20+ in shipping.

It sounds nice until you actually see it. I`m a member of wholesale detailing supplies club that charges actual shipping, and ground shipping on most gallons costs about US$10. There`s a curve, though, and shipping cost decreases per pound as the weight goes up. Without looking to be sure, I`d guess I could order eight or maybe even ten gallons of chemicals and pay around US$30 for shipping.

To use your example, BudgetPlan1, US$100 worth of pads is probably outside the weight and size limits of postal delivery, which costs about US$6–7, so those pads would cost the least amount for ground shipping, which is about US$10. You might be able to order two to four pads and still qualify for postal delivery, but I`m not sure.

Since Autopia began the Connect program, I haven`t ordered anything from the other club, though I still appreciate my membership in it. With Autopia, the price for an item is usually slightly higher than my other source, but once free shipping is factored in, Autopia is the more economical of the two.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with Jaddie. The shipping is the number one reason why Connect was such a big hit here and probably be the thing that is cut if a new Connect is offered. I can get a lower price on some items at other sites, but Connect free shipping is the difference that kept me shopping on Autopia almost exclusively for the year. I know Autopia price matches, but I don`t like to price match unless it makes a big difference in price. Just my personal preference. My wife will go to a different shop over a few cents. Of course I have been known to drive for miles to save a few cents on gas. Personal preference. Get rid of the 10 percent discount and keep the free shipping. That will cut 10 percent of the loss right there.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have just sent an email to autopia customer service asking for them to delete my info off of their customer data base. It`s a shame no one has posted the status of auto-connect after our posts here. Whatever others think or say after accumulating several thousands reward points it would be nice to be informed.

My 2 cents

ken
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes texasgibby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Since connect I really don`t look elsewhere unless acc does not carry it. Got my Nano elsewhere bc they were out. Other than that I shop here exclusively. Free shipping and 10 off has kept me from looking at other sites all year. I`m good till the end of December I think. Also have not used any points need to get cracking.

I think it would be a big mistake to send this crowd shopping.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks ShakingHorizons thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Goodbye Connect it`s been fun. My last day is tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

RIP connect. it was good while it lasted

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information