Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autopia Connect!

I almost didn`t buy it. It has really paid off for me. I am not sure my wife would agree.��. I hope Autopia does not discontinue it. Maybe we can be grandfathered in?

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I got my answer.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this. This is horrible, I love connect. I`m not a pro, so I buy just for me and it`s paid for itself already. ACC please reconsider, or tweak it if it`s not working for you. I would pay the $99 just for free 3 day shipping, like Amazon Prime. Or limit the 10 percent discount to items not already on sale, i.e. No stacking (greater of 10% or any existing sale, plus free shipping). There`s got to be something workable in there. I know you can`t lose money on every order and make it up in volume, but I`ve probably spent more at ACC since I got the membership in December than I did with AG in the last year or more, and they couldn`t all have been loss leaders.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here being a weekend detailer, Auto-connect has been a blessing with free-shipping. I bought quite a bit during holiday sales and now have an arsenal of products I will probably never use. After my membership runs out it will be back to surfing the web for best buy products, it is nice buying at one place with guys like Ray / Paul who can handle a senior autopian ....
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia Connect!

For hobbyists it`s always best to keep your buying options open and not be putting all your buying eggs in one basket. This is no different than insurance, clothing, or food. Being from the old school, convenience or quick results aren`t necessarily my priorities. I`ve traveled hundreds of miles to buy a car. I`ve saved a small fortune as a result of taking my time and now that I`m retirement age, I can honesty say with 110% accuracy that it was worth it, despite the effort and discipline it takes to take the time to do your homework.
    Likes Detail Impressions, texasgibby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    For hobbyists it`s always best to keep your buying options open and not be putting all your buying eggs in one basket. This is no different than insurance, clothing, or food. Being from the old school, convenience or quick results aren`t necessarily my priorities. I`ve traveled hundreds of miles to buy a car. I`ve saved a small fortune as a result of taking my time and now that I`m retirement age, I can honesty say with 110% accuracy that it was worth it, despite the effort and discipline it takes to take the time to do your homework.
    Maybe, but I have had no complaints with anything I can buy here plus they`ll price match other vendors prices plus the Connect and extra 10% off. So I don`t know that you`re really saving much as a hobbyist, going with cheaper products. As a detailer doing this every day maybe, but I`m just a hobbyist and don`t worry about it. Plus I don`t mind if I spend an extra few bucks to support a company with great customer service, which plays a huge role in where I`ll buy. Ray and Paul have always been good to me so I`ll keep coming back..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    Maybe, but I have had no complaints with anything I can buy here plus they`ll price match other vendors prices plus the Connect and extra 10% off. So I don`t know that you`re really saving much as a hobbyist, going with cheaper products. As a detailer doing this every day maybe, but I`m just a hobbyist and don`t worry about it. Plus I don`t mind if I spend an extra few bucks to support a company with great customer service, which plays a huge role in where I`ll buy. Ray and Paul have always been good to me so I`ll keep coming back..
    Agreed! Couldn`t be happier with Connect!
    Likes Detail Impressions liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I spent more money post connect than I planned on spending on my car mods this past year, lol.

Connect has been a great idea. But I`m speaking from the consumer side, so they have their reasons as well.
    The whole 2 sides to a story paradigm.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Connect is a no brainer for any pro or enthusiast. The savings will easily surpass the cost in a years time, plus 10% off machines! I might even pick a 200B advanced when the times comes (And I`m a hobbyist now).

Post Thanks / Like

I would be ok if there was a no hurry option like amazon. A lot of times i don`t need an item faster. If that saved me a dollar or a free sample or swag or something, most times i would be ok with the regular bonus dicount and free shipping. At least as a home user.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Connect stays. It has definitely benefited me but I have also spend far more than I would without it. I appreciate the customer service Autopia provides and like supporting them but if Connect goes away I will have to reconsider other options.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know if Autopia is going to discontinue the program or possibly modify it, but I would like to say it has been a great program and I`m sure PBMG learned many lessons from their side of the business model. I hope they will try again, possibly with a discount after you reach a certain dollar figure. I have bought many more detailing products than I would have ever because of the free shipping. The 10 percent and the double points are big bonuses, but the free shipping keeps me buying more products. Many times I would wait until I hit the magic $125 mark to order or just not place an order at all because of the shipping costs. Kudus to Autopia for trying to push the envelope and give us great sales and service.

Post Thanks / Like

Connect is still in the footer in Autopia`s emails. I was going to purchase it just cuz.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that companies like PBMG get Massive discounts on shipping due to their volume.

Shipping is is usually a major profit center for businesses like Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

Connect was a VERY intelligent purchase for me. (Very small detailer in a back woods kind of town) I would have to think that ACC has taken a pretty good beating on this deal, I dont see how they couldnt have. I dont normally play retailers bonus card games but this is nothing like those at all.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread Information